Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 107 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by cottonm4
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 7.11.42 PM (resized).png
    20200830_091317 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1740 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1746 (resized).jpg
    Unknown (resized).jpg
    qyxwc (resized).jpg
    IMG_3013 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    84fiSfO (resized).jpg
    1eftgn (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

New car show room. Person looking around at the cars. Kicks a tire.

That is a sure sign of a tire kicker.

LTG : )

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

No a Pinball tire kicker.

Can be hard to spot. First clue is if you never see money. Buyers have money.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from locksmith:

Is there a scale of tire kickers.

1 - tire kicker
    2 - keeps asking questions
    3 - keeps asking for more pictures
    4 - tells what they go for on Ebay
    5 - tells what they can buy a better one for
    6 - makes ridiculous requests like can you hold it for a month, until wife sees it, until Haley's comet returns
    7 - makes ridiculous offer
    8 - wants to think on it
    9 - asks to see other games you aren't selling
    10 - wants to play your other games ignores purchasing the one they came to see ( you aren't running a free arcade )

11 - Then there is the person that makes a reasonable offer or accepts your price in cash and can pick up within an hour.

After time you'll spot the #11 scale people quicker.

#17 3 years ago

Once a person makes contact with you. The less time wasted in doing the deal, separates the serious buyer from the tire kicker pretty fast.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Isn't a tire kicker someone that really doesn't intend to buy?

99 times out of 100. The one time they might come through. Ain't worth the BS.

#59 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I didn't know pinballs had tires.

Bolts to the legs. It's a pin moving mod. Rumor is next Summer a light mod for them is coming out. Huge RGB show as you move the game around that slows down when you glide the game into position.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

I really don't know what it is worth, but I sent several pics and told them to just throw me a price.

Maybe it's me. I wouldn't put a price on another persons stuff. I tell them that, and if they find out what it is worth and figure out a price, get back to me. I am interested in buying it.

Quoted from Daditude:

Someone was looking for a pretty specific item, which I just so happen to have. I hadn't really thought about selling it, but this person seemed to be in need, so I reached out.

Way back before a lot of the parts were remade for pinball and arcade. I had a lot of obsolete to my use goodies. When on the newsgroups if I saw someone in need of a part, if I knew I had it and where it was, I'd email them and ask for their address and I'd mail it to them. Free.

Many times I ran into munged email addresses or even ones that simply didn't exist. Afraid of spam or something. This was brought up on an arcade newsgroup and I made the mistake of pointing out that if someone wanted something. Make it easy to contact them. The responses to that was incredible. I'm an a hole, if I can't unmunge an email address I had no business helping people with tech support. I should make a list of everything I had so people knew ( probably 5 big boxes of stuff ) what I had. If I wanted to go to all that work I'd sell it on Ebay.

Cured me of trying. I gave it all to locals that could use it for their games.

#70 3 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Bored an lonely,

I've often thought that was part of it.

Lots of lonely people out there starved for any attention or interaction with people.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

So this means i'm a tire kicker?

If you are serious and intend to buy the item, no. You aren't a tire kicker.

People that make ridiculous offers and never intended to buy even if low offer accepted, are tire kickers.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-spot-a-tire-kicker?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.