Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by scottslash
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190307_123915 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190307_151753 (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

Hello, curious what to use to set the pitch of my playfields and how to get exact degrees? Is there an app or a specific tool?? Also, generally speaking, what degree should most games be?? Thanks everyone!

#2 5 years ago

I use a mechanical pitch gauge or my phone and the bubble level app. Curious what others use.

#3 5 years ago

Got the bubble touching the second line from the bottom on all my games, nice and (pretty) fast. But ofcourse it depends on what you prefer. For the horizontal pitch I use a small bubble level to measure on the playfield.

IMG_20190307_151753 (resized).jpgIMG_20190307_151753 (resized).jpg
    #6 5 years ago

I love the pinguy app.

Enter desired pitch and it has voice to assist you while you are under the game adjusting. It will tell you when you've got it right. After the playfield is set, you can add the game to your collection and "learn" the glass. From that point on you can re-level the games in your collection without removing the glass.

#7 5 years ago

Thanks all!!!

#10 5 years ago

Old fashioned analog inclinometer. I have a simpler one than this that was around $20. https://www.amazon.com/Baseline-12-1056-Bubble-Inclinometer/dp/B0012NXHF4/ref=asc_df_B0012NXHF4/

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

what degree should most games be??

In general follow the manufacturers instructions for initial setup. They are not all the same.
    After tweaking and adjusting for location and power considerations you might alter the initial setup for either more or less pitch.

Even the horizontal leveling should be measured and adjusted depending on gameplay.
    Start with level and then possibly adjust left or right as playfields are not flat and can have bows and bends in them.

In all cases its not about the absolute factory pitch, but how well it plays at your location.

Adjusting the level and pitch is a big part of how well your game will play.

A little attention to detail makes a game play smoothly and fun!

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, curious what to use to set the pitch of my playfields and how to get exact degrees? Is there an app or a specific tool?? Also, generally speaking, what degree should most games be?? Thanks everyone!

A lot of modern games are designed around 6.5 degree pitch, older games less. Use that as a starting point and adjust to your liking.

#13 5 years ago

This digital torpedo level works fantastically. You can make it beep at 0 degrees. I set it on the playfield, go under the machine to adjust the feet and when the playfield is level it will beep. You can set the pitch at tenths of a degree also.

20190307_123915 (resized).jpg20190307_123915 (resized).jpg

#15 5 years ago

The Pinguy app is awesome. Just make sure you do your initial calibration well.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-set-degree-of-playfield?hl=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.