43 days ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 43 days ago by scottslash
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190307_123915 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190307_151753 (resized).jpg

#1 43 days ago

Hello, curious what to use to set the pitch of my playfields and how to get exact degrees? Is there an app or a specific tool?? Also, generally speaking, what degree should most games be?? Thanks everyone!

#2 43 days ago

I use a mechanical pitch gauge or my phone and the bubble level app. Curious what others use.

#3 43 days ago

Got the bubble touching the second line from the bottom on all my games, nice and (pretty) fast. But ofcourse it depends on what you prefer. For the horizontal pitch I use a small bubble level to measure on the playfield.

IMG_20190307_151753 (resized).jpg
    #5 43 days ago

I use one of these:

amazon.com link »

#6 43 days ago

I love the pinguy app.

Enter desired pitch and it has voice to assist you while you are under the game adjusting. It will tell you when you've got it right. After the playfield is set, you can add the game to your collection and "learn" the glass. From that point on you can re-level the games in your collection without removing the glass.

#7 43 days ago

Thanks all!!!

#10 43 days ago

Old fashioned analog inclinometer. I have a simpler one than this that was around $20. amazon.com link »

#11 43 days ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

what degree should most games be??

In general follow the manufacturers instructions for initial setup. They are not all the same.
    After tweaking and adjusting for location and power considerations you might alter the initial setup for either more or less pitch.

Even the horizontal leveling should be measured and adjusted depending on gameplay.
    Start with level and then possibly adjust left or right as playfields are not flat and can have bows and bends in them.

In all cases its not about the absolute factory pitch, but how well it plays at your location.

Adjusting the level and pitch is a big part of how well your game will play.

A little attention to detail makes a game play smoothly and fun!

#12 43 days ago
    Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hello, curious what to use to set the pitch of my playfields and how to get exact degrees? Is there an app or a specific tool?? Also, generally speaking, what degree should most games be?? Thanks everyone!

A lot of modern games are designed around 6.5 degree pitch, older games less. Use that as a starting point and adjust to your liking.

#13 43 days ago

This digital torpedo level works fantastically. You can make it beep at 0 degrees. I set it on the playfield, go under the machine to adjust the feet and when the playfield is level it will beep. You can set the pitch at tenths of a degree also.

20190307_123915 (resized).jpg

#15 43 days ago

The Pinguy app is awesome. Just make sure you do your initial calibration well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 54.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 189.99
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,500.00
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 13.00
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Protection
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside