8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by HELLODEADCITY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I'm new here, so please don't take offense to this suggestion, not meaning any harm just an observation....

I have many hobbies, pinball being the newest and the most enjoyable yet. I spend much of my time online learning whatever I can about my hobbies and tackling projects on my own.

This is a great site for pinball hobby! One thing that may be very useful to many would be a how to section that is broken down into different categories from restoration work to repairs. How to's that include step by step and photos as you go would be great.

Sure, I can dig some of this info up on the web... but why not right here at Pinside?

Read a post yesterday about someone needing instruction on flipper rebuilds... Great task for a how to!

One site I visit for my truck has a certain format for the how to's and they are submited for approval of a mod to ensure that they are quality posts.

Just a thought... Not trying to step on anyone's toes.

TAC_Double

#2 8 years ago

Well, until earlier this week, www.pinrepair.com was the best place with most of the answers so there wasn't much of a reason.

#3 8 years ago

Plus you can always do a tech search for a topic that's been covered on RGP before. To do a "how to" section would be very difficult due to how much info there would need to be. There have been dozens of companies over many decades. No two flippers are alike, no two operating systems, no two MPU's..... and on and on. Each game has unique engineering and programming. It never ends. There are always basic underlying designs that remain similar game to game within a company within a certain era, I guess. But what IS the same game to game? Playfield glass? Leg bolts? I don't even know.......

#4 8 years ago

Robin is going to have a hard time getting any sleep for the rest of the year if we keep badgering to make Pinside a "Solid Gold" TZ/MM modded to Hell and back oasis for Pin-heads...

Hmmm,
    That sounds great actually,
    "Make it so Number One..!"

#5 8 years ago

Well you know TAC Double you can always add a good repair/ restoration story
    and as long as you title it well people should be able to find it - year, mfg, game name
    I'm amazed at some of the work Pinsiders have posted in the past

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 117.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    £ 12.00
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 12.95
    $ 11.95
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 210.00
    Playfields
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    Apparel - Men
    Pinside Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside