(Topic ID: 317288)

How to score a billion on Godzilla… and more!

By Beyndtstng

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 232 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 59 days ago by prentice
  • Topic is favorited by 172 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What explanation and strategy would you like to see next?”

• How to play Monster Zero 9 votes
    17%
  • How to play Terror 2 votes
    4%
  • How to play Rampage 4 votes
    7%
  • Quickest way to get to Planet X 25 votes
    46%
  • Lighting and cashing Destruction Jackpots 14 votes
    26%

(54 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_0642 (resized).jpeg
5A234A66-EFBA-4E68-8EBB-2B6858A636B7 (resized).jpeg
20230117_194807 (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).jpg
6A4CFC5E-0FFB-404B-8291-E48B59F7B77E (resized).jpeg
66976941-B4F3-478D-9788-BBE9C25F9D66 (resized).jpeg
771875B2-A7D0-43CC-9EC4-872766F6993A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20220726_034332662 (resized).jpg
5D71A786-640C-464D-8716-8FAB829902A6 (resized).jpeg
signal-2022-07-13-13-54-25-608 (resized).jpg
9F1F1AC6-0F8F-4DDA-92EF-B9C3A9A1B273 (resized).png
8DA4CDD4-86C9-432C-A136-1DD0C7828B11 (resized).jpeg
40A858AC-6DAF-4E26-8AFA-D9B9FE918B32 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 12.04.06 AM (resized).png

There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 1 year ago

Godzilla made easy!

Update: I will be posting strategies every couple of weeks focusing on certain parts of the game. All with the goal in mind to get you to a billion and beyond! Ben has posted the videos to YouTube. See below.

Are you enjoying Keith Elwin’s latest masterpiece but finding the scoring confusing? Do you play GZ mb and primarily focus on the jackpots? Are you playing the tier 2 mb battle and trying to accomplish the objective? Are you staying in Tokyo and trying to accomplish all the major objectives before changing cities? Well, I’m here to tell you that you are playing the game wrong!

GZ is great in so many ways but the ruleset can be confusing for most casual players and even some tournament players. I will be going through the game for casual and advanced players, and I will be giving away all my strategies for free! Learn how to score a billion on GZ through easy to understand explanations and strategies.

I will be visiting the chromecandy twitch stream next week. We will be broadcasting a live tutorial Friday, June 24th at 10 am eastern. It’s an awkward time so it will be available as VOD afterwards. Bring your questions and curiosity to the chat.

Since some people don’t understand sarcasm (see my Elwin post about the IFPA fix), my opening sales pitch should not be taken seriously (but it is true). This game is almost universally liked, but I see a lot of posts in the owners forum about not knowing the rules and being happy to get 300 million. I have an LE and have put about 700 games on it. I have enjoyed all of the Elwin games because of the multiple ways to play them. The most misunderstood concept about GZ is the annihilation and carnage bonus. I’ll be explaining these two concepts and how to maximize their potential based on your skill level. I will leave a link to his stream below. If the time and or day changes, I will update this post. Finally, I have included my insider stats on the game. Not that I believe this validates my understanding of the game, but some of you might find it reassuring or pretentious. If it was either, then it was worth including.

Update: There are three tutorials available to view on youtube. The first is me playing through a game and explaining the concepts and paying particular attention to the annihilation bonus. The second tutorial has Ben from chromecandy playing with me offering advice in the background. The last video (which was chronologically the first) was me playing his game the day prior to the tutorial. My gratitude to anyone who wants to timestamp the video with what is being explained.

Video 1 (tutorial explanation starts around 32:00)

Video 2 - Walking Ben through a few games.

Video 3 - Some nice stacking in this video

http://www.twitch.tv/ChromeCandyPinball

40A858AC-6DAF-4E26-8AFA-D9B9FE918B32 (resized).png40A858AC-6DAF-4E26-8AFA-D9B9FE918B32 (resized).png
#2 1 year ago

Thanks! As a soon to be Godzilla owner, I look forward to learning more regarding the game's rules and recommended strategies.

#3 1 year ago

I’ll check it out. So far my randomness has yielded high scores in a short time as I have just received my GZprem. Looking forward to understanding the rules a little more.

#4 1 year ago

Can't wait for this one Babee!

#5 1 year ago

Make sure to set it up hard. no ball savers, no extra balls, steep pitch, no out lane posts, tight sling switches, tight tilt, etc. then scores will matter

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

Make sure to set it up hard. no ball savers, no extra balls, steep pitch, no out lane posts, tight sling switches, tight tilt, etc. then scores will matter

Speaking of those settings, this is how my machine is setup with the exception of a ball saver for making one of the skill shots. The machine I’ll be playing on is on stock settings. It may take me a few games to break my habit of only making very small moves while playing. We’ll make sure nothing is slowly down the loop shot, so I won’t be able to get an ally on demand.

#7 1 year ago

Stream will be tomorrow around 10:00 am eastern. Annihilation bonus will be explained and maybe Ben could put some cool graphics with it. Put up a quick video this afternoon for those of you who can’t make it tomorrow. Feel free to post questions here.

#8 1 year ago

Here's a question. Yesterday I had a pretty decent game, beat two tier one kaijus (did I spell that right???), and had done one in Tokyo and the other in New York. Had quite a bit go on after that, started but didn't complete a tier 2 battle. At no point though did I get an option to switch to a third city, and I wasn't really sure what I would have to qualify to move on. Any tips or advice on that would be appreciated.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Here's a question. Yesterday I had a pretty decent game, beat two tier one kaijus (did I spell that right???), and had done one in Tokyo and the other in New York. Had quite a bit go on after that, started but didn't complete a tier 2 battle. At no point though did I get an option to switch to a third city, and I wasn't really sure what I would have to qualify to move on. Any tips or advice on that would be appreciated.

After you beat the tier 1 boss in NYC you would have had the option to change city. But sounds like you chose to fight a tier 2 battle instead.
Since you've already "Completed" Raid and stayed in that city, I believe you'd have to do another city feature (Bridge, Tanks, or Power) to relight city select

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

After you beat the tier 1 boss in NYC you would have had the option to change city. But sounds like you chose to fight a tier 2 battle instead.
Since you've already "Completed" Raid and stayed in that city, I believe you'd have to do another city feature (Bridge, Tanks, or Power) to relight city select

Correct, if you choose to stay in a city, then you need to complete another insert before it will let you leave. Once all four are collected, you will have to leave once you hit the scoop.

#11 1 year ago

Good luck making sense after the new code update today lol
This update was f'ing nuts

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

Good luck making sense after the new code update today lol
This update was f'ing nuts

Should be no problem. I agree with the monster zero adjustment for the jackpots. Oxygen destroyer should be a cool addition. I’ll probably be starting early tomorrow. If there is enough interest, I may do a repeat stream Saturday morning.

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I may do a repeat stream Saturday morning.

Please do. GZ is my new obsession

#14 1 year ago

Just went live with the tutorial. Come check it out.

#15 1 year ago

We just posted another quick tutorial with Ben playing as I commentated. Feel free to leave questions about strategy here or feedback. I didn’t get a chance to explain or parts of the game that will help you get that billion. I enjoyed doing the tutorial. Maybe we do another in the Fall with finished code.

Ben said he will try to upload the video to YouTube. You should have access on Twitch over the next few weeks.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

You need to play the tier 2 kaiju before you can change cities. The one exception is Tokyo which is why I think it confuses people. If you want to get out of each tier 2 to get to another city, then here is what you do:

King G - This is my favorite to play. You only need to finish one of the five lit shots before the scoop lights to collect the value. Easiest would be the building. First shot is green, second yellow, and red third. Shoot the scoop to end it.

Tier 2 mb mode - Forget the characters but it is the second choice. It’s a mb so just keep draining until you have one ball left on a trapped flipper.
Third Tier 2 - This is a switch hit and collect mode. If you have chromecandy juiced spinners, should only take one rip of the heat ray or mecha spinner. If you have mine or most routed games, you’re looking at two to three rips. Shoot the red building shot to flee and end the mode.

This is the safest way to another city (or Planet X), but don’t miss out on these modes if you aren’t playing for Planet X. Check out last Friday’s chromecandy stream for a nearly perfect king G with Rodan stack for almost half a billion in under sixty seconds!

#17 1 year ago

Similar to other Elwin pins, there’s soooo many ways to put up a great score on this game. And good trade off of maximizing score or going for progress. Fantastic pin!

#18 1 year ago

I just received my GZ premium today. This is good stuff. Following

#19 1 year ago

I am a Premium/LE owner and just wanted to say thank you for the videos. Very in depth and helpful.

#20 1 year ago

+1. definitely learned a lot and have not made it all the way through yet. i have a hard time avoiding "traps" on the easy to drain shots "ooh, pop bumper is flashing!.... drain" so it was nice to hear as you play stuff like "don't shoot that... focus on this". The center spinner + attack bridge combo was great too. I am getting the bridge a lot faster now

Sorry if you mentioned this at some point and i missed it. Do you always try to have your big annihilation on the second city? ever on the first city? Should i just try to Kaiju and change to second city as soon as i can? (while building up to buy not playing bridge/power/tanks)

#21 1 year ago

This was such a helpful video - thank you! I keep going back and rewatching and taking notes.

And my score has vastly improved!

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

+1. definitely learned a lot and have not made it all the way through yet. i have a hard time avoiding "traps" on the easy to drain shots "ooh, pop bumper is flashing!.... drain" so it was nice to hear as you play stuff like "don't shoot that... focus on this". The center spinner + attack bridge combo was great too. I am getting the bridge a lot faster now
Sorry if you mentioned this at some point and i missed it. Do you always try to have your big annihilation on the second city? ever on the first city? Should i just try to Kaiju and change to second city as soon as i can? (while building up to buy not playing bridge/power/tanks)

Change out of Tokyo ASAP (after defeating the kaiju). You probably have started none of the monster features (Tesla, bridge, tank) but your progress on each carries to the next city. London is the best because it’s boosts your DJ base value by 4 million when you win. This also gives another shot at a tier 1 monster which means another chance at an ally after finishing over 50% of a kaiju. Ideally, you want your biggest bridge and/or tank/Tesla in the last city. By then, you should have hit at least 3-5 DJ’s. Some GZ are hard because the ball is dropped too far from the flipper. There were a couple that I could have had if I timed it perfectly. Imagine that 290 bridge mb with an annihilation bonus at 10% (5 DJ’s plus conquering Tokyo). That would have been 87 mil if I was running the other two and can be doubled to 174 if I had Rodan going during the collect. Remember, I get to collect the sum of those annihilation bonuses at the scoop for the carnage bonus. This value can be multiplied by up to 5x if you collect by running everything on the same ball. That is where you get the 2+ bil carnage collects!

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from GroggyFrogFace:

This was such a helpful video - thank you! I keep going back and rewatching and taking notes.
And my score has vastly improved!

Glad to hear it. Would love to see some before and after score pictures!

I watched some of the video today. Made a few errors. The next train award after super trains is 1x destruction jackpot. Didn’t get a chance to talk about how the train insert it lit. Made a terrible choice going for king g instead of finishing titanosaurus because I thought I had Rodan running in addition to the 15 second boost. Didn’t get a chance to talk more about Hedorah and how Godzilla power ups work. Just means more content for the next stream in a few months!

#24 1 year ago

I watched your twitch stream and it was great! I just got 1.3 billion with some of your key tips. My previous high was 800 million. Thanks much

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Change out of Tokyo ASAP

I like to try to finish the k-battle in tokyo, so you get the extra ball when you defeat the next k-battle in the second city.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from DNO:

I like to try to finish the k-battle in tokyo, so you get the extra ball when you defeat the next k-battle in the second city.

Let me clarify my advice. Change out of Tokyo after you defeated the kaiju was what I meant. You can change out sooner, but you definitely want the reward you described plus the extra 1% annihilation bonus from controlling Tokyo.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Let me clarify my advice. Change out of Tokyo after you defeated the kaiju was what I meant. You can change out sooner, but you definitely want the reward you described plus the extra 1% annihilation bonus from controlling Tokyo.

When I left for Paris with a x5 multiplier, after finishing up Ebirah - AND - getting both tank and bridge multi-balls (per the video), my score made my jaw drop.

And then I promptly blew it in Paris!

But getting the power up and finishing those tasks were key! Great advice.

#28 1 year ago

Really enjoyed the stream, learned a bunch. Hopefully will be getting the Premium in July.

#29 1 year ago

Beyndtstng Great video. Repetition is the key to learning so would love to see more low level detailed videos soon. The commentary during game is awesome. Can you make one on the tricks to reach planet X?

#30 1 year ago

Beyndtstng what pitch is your game at?

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Beyndtstng what pitch is your game at?

My personal one is about 6.8 to 6.9.

@twenty84, what is the pitch for the machine on the stream?

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from Kent_Diego:

Beyndtstng Great video. Repetition is the key to learning so would love to see more low level detailed videos soon. The commentary during game is awesome. Can you make one on the tricks to reach planet X?

Would love to, Kent. Unfortunately I don’t have any steaming equipment. Ben has been asking me to build one but I’m not the mechanical type. Maybe someone needs to start a go fund me page to pay someone to build it for me haha. I enjoyed doing the tutorial and wish I could do it more often.

The “trick” to reach Planet X is to burn through the tier 2 modes as I described above. Play titanosaurus and megalon with GZ or Mecha mb focusing on completing the mode. Get your extra balls from 2nd city conquered, 10 jets, and 3 saucers. That will give you six balls to get to Planet X which equates to 1.5 balls per tier 1. My best tip to get there would be to ALWAYS choose Mothra and don’t waste him flailing around in mb. I didn’t get a chance to cover my ally strategy on stream but will do so in this topic.

Now if you are wanting to get to Planet X with a lot of value, then there is a different strategy for that.

#33 1 year ago

I haven’t watched your videos yet. Can you explain imposter awards? I will have a little bit of time over the weekend but that’s the one thing that nobody has really been able to tell me much about

#34 1 year ago

With apologies to the OP, "imposter battle" is awarded when the ball is swinging on the magna grab, and you release it perfectly timed to drop down the left spinner/rampage lane. Very, very hard to pull off, at least on my home machine. I think I've done it twice in 100+ games, and cheated it once after an errant drop with a quick flip back up through the lane.

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

With apologies to the OP, "imposter battle" is awarded when the ball is swinging on the magna grab, and you release it perfectly timed to drop down the left spinner/rampage lane. Very, very hard to pull off, at least on my home machine. I think I've done it twice in 100+ games, and cheated it once after an errant drop with a quick flip back up through the lane.

Is it just the 15M? I should have elaborated sorry lol

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from DK:

I’ve looked at tilt forums twice and didn’t see this. Thank you!

No problems Yancy. He is correct, first imposter awards you 15 mil but more importantly an ally.
Second is 20 million and +1% to your annihilation bonuses for the game. 3rd is 30 million plus a 1X increase to your DJ multiplier. Fourth is 250 million!

I have only done 3 once (and before I created a profile). The problem with most GZ’s, including mine, is the ball won’t swing enough to pull it off. If your ball is swinging, the key is to hit flippers at about 135 degrees from the far right of the post on the upswing. Next time I’m in Rochester, I’ll make sure we get a few on stream.

Here’s a pro tip that Yancy alluded to:

If the magna grab animation is on and the ball didn’t stick to the post, get a trap on the right flipper (you’ll have about 8 seconds to do this). Shoot the left spinner shot but flip both flippers at the same time. This simulates the magna drop and the game thinks it swung from the post. I have done this more than a few times. This also works on the skill shot if you don’t hit enough switches (I’m guess three) when you plunge the ball. Elwin may get wise to this and cancel this “trick” by disabling both when the left spinner activates… but I think it should stay considering most of us struggle to get a GZ to swing the ball properly.

In the next tip installment, we will be talking about jet fighters and why the premium is worth 2k more for one of its features haha.

#39 1 year ago

How to get the Super in Mecha MB and qualify Terror!

Terror of Mecha is one of the most enjoyable modes about Godzilla. It requires you to get to a level 4 power up and score a super in mecha mb. Some people are struggling to get there, so here are my tips to get that super in mecha mb!

Mecha mb works by hitting one teal shot then a mecha target. The next teal shot will be one of the two remaining. Hit that shot and a different mecha target. The final stage is to hit the remaining teal shot and the last mecha target. This starts a timed super jackpot build phase with a short ball saver. Shot any spinner to build the super jackpot value. Once it is finished, the super will light at the mecha side lane (the switch to the right of the mecha on the playfield). Shooting through the mecha spinner gets you a 1x super. Shooting it from the side flipper scores a 3X super. Either will qualify terror.

Flailing around is only going to get you the center mecha jackpot and one or two mecha targets at best. The hardest initial teal shot to get is the left ramp. Get a ball trapped on the right when it starts. Let the other balls drain during the ball save. Shoot the left ramp first and get the side mecha target by shooting the center (heat ray) spinner and holding the side flipper up. Right ramp should be next followed by the target closet to the scoop. You can shoot either target but I find this one to be the second hardest to randomly hit. Then hit the center jackpot at the building and the middle mecha target. Once you reach this stage, you get a ball save to build up the jackpot. DON’T DO THIS if you are struggling to collect the super. Just get a ball trapped on the left flipper. Wait for the buildup stage to end. Shoot the mecha spinner for the single super and qualify Terror.

I would not use the heat ray on the super unless I was running out of time or the ball was draining. I would use it on the left ramp. He (Elwin) should make the heat ray deterministic (take out the hardest shot to hit first) but I believe it is random. The only way to purposely use it on the left ramp is to have that be the only shot lit. That means taking out the other two teal shots first.

This is the awesome (or annoying) part of this game. Elwin is the last thing from a flailer. He wants you to hit purposeful accurate shots. Both the left ramp and right ramp are as far up the playfield as possible with steep angles (right) or tight entries (left ramp). You’ll get much higher scores the more controlled you play.

Once you get there (and you will!), check out the beginning of my tutorial on chromecandy to see how to get great value out of Terror!

#40 1 year ago

Thanks for doing your tutorial I really enjoyed it, you talk through the decisions, shots and tips so well. Looking forward to watching the JP one and any future ones you do.

#41 1 year ago

Do you only get a time bonus on the tier 1 battles if you complete them the 1st attempt?

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Do you only get a time bonus on the tier 1 battles if you complete them the 1st attempt?

You get the time bonus whenever you complete the tier. If you do it on the first try, then it is 500,000 points multiplied by the time remaining. If you have to replay the tier 1, it’s only 50,000 points multiplied by the time remaining. You can compensate for this by choosing the 5X time bonus as the level 2 power up.

#43 1 year ago

Thanks will be checking out this thread. I’ve owned the LE but have not put a lot of games on it yet, as I’ve also got DP and BM66.

#44 1 year ago

I finally achieved the 500M for King G. I played it in 1x and managed to get about 575M.

I tried to do it in 2x, but every time I was in 2x I did poorly. Besides, my 2x would run out before I was ready to cash out anyway - and it's the cash out value I want 2x'd.

So my question is, what is the best way to START 2x during King G?

First Jet Fighter attack awards an ally, but it would be difficult to get to King G without doing the first Jet Fighter attack. If you do it 'right' you should have all three allies when you start King G. Here is my strat:

- Start Titanosaurus. Get an ally, and preferably complete.
- Start jet fighters. Get another ally.
- Hit scoop with allies (Mothra and Anguirus - I often mess this part up by having Rodan selected), switch cities (don't care which).
- Start Gigan with lock lit, or light lock during Gigan. Loop right ramp 8 times. Ally lights at 4.
- Avoid scoop
- Hit left ramp/right ramp to light Kaiju

If I do all of this, I will start King G with 2x. But my GOAL is to start 2x DURING King G, so I can get up to 10x then cash out at 2x.

So, how can I light an ally / start 2x DURING King G?

Starting another Jet Fighter attack will award an extra ball. So that's no good. And concentrating on 3rd Jet Fighter attack is a losing strategy, because it becomes really hard to earn jet fighters.

I suppose if I do Titanosaurus, then Ebirah I could avoid ramps. In Ebirah, hit enough shots to light ally, but don't complete. Ebirah is a good choice, because I can get Heat Ray ready while waiting for it to time out. Now I can start King G without hitting another ramp. This means, I hit the ramps for the 3rd time DURING King G, Jet Fights should start (hopefully). I should hit scoop before earning Jet Fighter ally, select Fight. THIS time, I should hit enough Jet Fighters to light ally. So 2nd scoop should START 2x, select Fight. Then on my 3rd scoop, I should be at >10x, and I should get it done DURING 2x. It should be worth a lot.

If Jet Fighter won't START during King G, I may be able to start Jet Fighters before starting King G. Then I'd have to make sure to hit 1st scoop before collecting 5th jet fighter. Either way, the goal is to start 2X during King G, then cash out before 2x runs out.

Thoughts?

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

I finally achieved the 500M for King G. I played it in 1x and managed to get about 575M.
I tried to do it in 2x, but every time I was in 2x I did poorly. Besides, my 2x would run out before I was ready to cash out anyway - and it's the cash out value I want 2x'd.
First Jet Fighter attack awards an ally, but it would be difficult to get to King G without doing the first Jet Fighter attack. If you do it 'right' you should have all three allies when you start King G. Here is my strat:
- Hit scoop with allies (Mothra and Anguirus - I often mess this part up by having Rodan selected), switch cities (don't care which).
- Start Gigan with lock lit, or light lock during Gigan. Loop right ramp 8 times. Ally lights at 4.
- Avoid scoop
If I do all of this, I will start King G with 2x. But my GOAL is to start 2x DURING King G, so I can get up to 10x then cash out at 2x.
Starting another Jet Fighter attack will award an extra ball. So that's no good. And concentrating on 3rd Jet Fighter attack is a losing strategy, because it becomes really hard to earn jet fighters.
I suppose if I do Titanosaurus, then Ebirah I could avoid ramps. In Ebirah, hit enough shots to light ally, but don't complete. Ebirah is a good choice, because I can get Heat Ray ready while waiting for it to time out. Now I can start King G without hitting another ramp. This means, I hit the ramps for the 3rd time DURING King G, Jet Fights should start (hopefully). I should hit scoop before earning Jet Fighter ally, select Fight. THIS time, I should hit enough Jet Fighters to light ally. So 2nd scoop should START 2x, select Fight. Then on my 3rd scoop, I should be at >10x, and I should get it done DURING 2x. It should be worth a lot.
If Jet Fighter won't START during King G, I may be able to start Jet Fighters before starting King G. Then I'd have to make sure to hit 1st scoop before collecting 5th jet fighter. Either way, the goal is to start 2X during King G, then cash out before 2x runs out.
Thoughts?

If you can hit loops, hit 6 of them.

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

- Avoid scoop
Thoughts?

Jet fighters will not start in any tier 2. If you started it prior to hitting the scoop, then I’m not sure if the scoop would be lit for a tier 2 (haven’t tried it). If you were trying to blow up king g, then you want the power ups +10 seconds on tier 2 (3), Rodan +15 (7) and light all ally’s (9). After you select power up 9, light the scoop with the ramps and choose king G. This gives you 75 seconds to clear two waves. Doable with a heat ray and you are hitting 3 consecutive loops in addition to your ramps. You only need to take one beyond red to light the scoop for the collect. If you couldn’t get through two waves in time, then I would collect at the scoop before Rodan expires. A billion point king G is possible, but you need to play it about perfect. The add a ball wouldn’t be much value, but Mothra and the oxygen destroyer would be very helpful. The only way to get the ally in King G would be the six consecutive loops as blueberry describes.

A cheap way to get two ally’s is to start super train (assuming you have the premium) and collect two train jackpots. You would definitely need the first two power ups I mentioned. I would not recommend this as a strategy for a super high scoring game or a tournament… but it would be cool to pull off. Good luck!

#47 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Jet fighters will not start in any tier 2.

I didn't suspect so. I think I noticed the red light on the inlanes go out sometimes, and figured the tier 2 would be one of those times.

Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I’m not sure if the scoop would be lit for a tier 2 (haven’t tried it)

I had it lit once and was interested to find out, but I bricked and insta-drained.

Quoted from Beyndtstng:

If you were trying to blow up king g, then you want the power ups +10 seconds on tier 2 (3), Rodan +15 (7) and light all ally’s (9)

Oh heck no. In order to pull that off I would be very deep into the game. I am trying to do it as my 1st tier 2. I do expect the +10 seconds on Tier 2; but nothing beyond that before getting into King G. Also, I do expect to have the heat ray ready.

Quoted from Beyndtstng:

The only way to get the ally in King G would be the six consecutive loops as blueberry describes.

May be time to practice loops. The most consecutive loops I've been able to pull of is 5. So 6 while in King G is running, will be a bit of a challenge.

Quoted from Beyndtstng:

A cheap way to get two ally’s is to start super train (assuming you have the premium) and collect two train jackpots. You would definitely need the first two power ups I mentioned. I would not recommend this as a strategy for a super high scoring game or a tournament… but it would be cool to pull off. Good luck!

Yes, I have premium. I did notice in Super Trains I managed to get two allies (I think I got 5 supers) - but it takes quite a while. This wouldn't work too well while Tier 2 was counting down; but might be interesting to setup before going into King G.

Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I would not recommend this as a strategy for a super high scoring game or a tournament

Yep. Just for fun.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

I didn't suspect so. I think I noticed the red light on the inlanes go out sometimes, and figured the tier 2 would be one of those times.

I had it lit once and was interested to find out, but I bricked and insta-drained.

Oh heck no. In order to pull that off I would be very deep into the game. I am trying to do it as my 1st tier 2. I do expect the +10 seconds on Tier 2; but nothing beyond that before getting into King G. Also, I do expect to have the heat ray ready.

May be time to practice loops. The most consecutive loops I've been able to pull of is 5. So 6 while in King G is running, will be a bit of a challenge.

Yes, I have premium. I did notice in Super Trains I managed to get two allies (I think I got 5 supers) - but it takes quite a while. This wouldn't work too well while Tier 2 was counting down; but might be interesting to setup before going into King G.

Yep. Just for fun.

You can’t start super trains in a tier 2. It would need to be before. You get an ally for each train jackpot in super trains, so you should have had three lit at the scoop with 5 jackpots.

If you can carry jet fighters into a tier 2, then that would be my recommended way to do it. Start it like that. Keep shooting the right ramp to collect the jet fighters and the king shot. This will light an ally at the scoop. Do not collect Rodan until you have cleared all shots. Chose fight to hopefully get you back to 60+ seconds. Now with Rodan, clear the second wave. Use a heat ray to take away all shots once. That might be 800+ mil if you hit all shots and collect at the scoop with 2X running. You’d probably have to go through some of the third way and collect before Rodan expires to get the bil. You’re making me want to try this tomorrow haha.

You may be able to use one heat ray early and light another if your center spinner is juiced, and you always feed your side flipper with the center spinner shot. You have to collect super spinner before starting another heat ray. I don’t recall if you can do that in a tier 2 or if you have to be in regular play. Go find out and report back if you pull it off!

#49 1 year ago

Beyndtstng - I really enjoyed your Godzilla video and learned a lot.. Also own JP so I've been watching your video on that at the moment. Quick question for you - I am looking to replace my flipper rubbers in the near future - curious if you have any preferences when it comes to rubber brands & manufacturers. Appreciate your help!

#50 1 year ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

Beyndtstng - I really enjoyed your Godzilla video and learned a lot.. Also own JP so I've been watching your video on that at the moment. Quick question for you - I am looking to replace my flipper rubbers in the near future - curious if you have any preferences when it comes to rubber brands & manufacturers. Appreciate your help!

I always stick with stern rubbers, since that is likely what you will find on location. I didn’t have a chance to go into too much depth on JP. Will do so in a future video. Ben is working on trying to get the videos uploaded to YouTube. I forgot that we streamed some the day before the tutorial. There’s some good stuff there too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
O'fallon, IL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Gov's Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Parker, CO
8,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Shelby, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 210.00
There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more?hl=apinjunkie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.