(Topic ID: 317288)

How to score a billion on Godzilla… and more!

By Beyndtstng

7 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by evanc
  • Topic is favorited by 163 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What explanation and strategy would you like to see next?”

• How to play Monster Zero 6 votes
    16%
  • How to play Terror 2 votes
    5%
  • How to play Rampage 2 votes
    5%
  • Quickest way to get to Planet X 16 votes
    42%
  • Lighting and cashing Destruction Jackpots 12 votes
    32%

(38 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5A234A66-EFBA-4E68-8EBB-2B6858A636B7 (resized).jpeg
20230117_194807 (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).jpg
6A4CFC5E-0FFB-404B-8291-E48B59F7B77E (resized).jpeg
66976941-B4F3-478D-9788-BBE9C25F9D66 (resized).jpeg
771875B2-A7D0-43CC-9EC4-872766F6993A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20220726_034332662 (resized).jpg
5D71A786-640C-464D-8716-8FAB829902A6 (resized).jpeg
signal-2022-07-13-13-54-25-608 (resized).jpg
9F1F1AC6-0F8F-4DDA-92EF-B9C3A9A1B273 (resized).png
8DA4CDD4-86C9-432C-A136-1DD0C7828B11 (resized).jpeg
40A858AC-6DAF-4E26-8AFA-D9B9FE918B32 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 12.04.06 AM (resized).png

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 57 days ago

Is there a list anywhere of what heat ray will and won't spot for you?

#202 57 days ago

Ugh.

Beat all the monsters in King of Monsters Part 1 so I have of a base bounty of 1.8 billion. In Part 2, I complete every shot except all three of the under the flipper ones (of course).

My brain tells me I'm going to die trying to clear those three out. I tell my brain to shut up.

Even made shots for these can end your ball since there isn't a safe return to a flipper, but I hit the first two cleanly without losing control. I hit the third one and the scoop lights for the kill end shot.

The ball ball is doing the full loop around the mecha side lane and returning toward the center. All I have to do is get it onto my left flipper to shoot my now no-longer rejecting scoop (removing protector worked like a charm), collect the bounty, and end the game.

I lift my left flipper based on how the ball is coming in. The ball hits perfectly horizontally exactly into the side of the tip of my flipper. It drops straight down into the center drain. Game over.

Ugh.

#203 56 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Ugh.
Beat all the monsters in King of Monsters Part 1 so I have of a base bounty of 1.8 billion. In Part 2, I complete every shot except all three of the under the flipper ones (of course).
My brain tells me I'm going to die trying to clear those three out. I tell my brain to shut up.
Even made shots for these can end your ball since there isn't a safe return to a flipper, but I hit the first two cleanly without losing control. I hit the third one and the scoop lights for the kill end shot.
The ball ball is doing the full loop around the mecha side lane and returning toward the center. All I have to do is get it onto my left flipper to shoot my now no-longer rejecting scoop (removing protector worked like a charm), collect the bounty, and end the game.
I lift my left flipper based on how the ball is coming in. The ball hits perfectly horizontally exactly into the side of the tip of my flipper. It drops straight down into the center drain. Game over.
Ugh.

Big ole' oof there man, sucks. I made my second Planet X recently which I was able to get through a couple stages still not very close to KotM though.

#204 54 days ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Big ole' oof there man, sucks. I made my second Planet X recently which I was able to get through a couple stages still not very close to KotM though.

Starting to feel like I'm cursed.

Next time prepping for King of the Monsters. I have angirus, mothra, and heat ray. No warnings. Shoot building to start KotM. It doesn't start. Instead, godzilla mb starts. Apparently, it takes precedence over the final wizard mode. Coming out of it, I have to make a double danger save. So now I start KotM with two warnings. One shot remaining in part two before the scoop when ball goes inlane but doesn't stay in. Pops out and I can't make a move to try to save it. Game over.

#205 53 days ago

Got a pretty crazy 2bil Monster Zero tonight! Most prior around 500mil. Wish I could clearly explain how the math added up. I do remember I built up to the 8x super jack pot and got a lot of red shots before multiball started. Jackpots were around 12 mil at the start. I had Rodan when I got the wallop super jack pot and that one shot alone awarded about 400m (!). I somehow got a second SJP and guess Rodan ended because it was 200m ish the second time. Along with the record came a 1bil+ Rodan record. So, Rodan clearly had a lot to do with it.

This game is surprising me how a couple of good mode outcomes can really blow up the score. I do love that, though, so much better than the chopping wood feeling many games can’t escape from. For now, I remain thrilled, somewhat mystified, and sadly feeling like I’ll never top the mode score.

6A4CFC5E-0FFB-404B-8291-E48B59F7B77E (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#206 30 days ago

Thanks to Beyndtstng and all of the other users here who have shared their strategy. I didn't get everything right by any stretch, and had a few crappy balls in this game but manage to finally get there. Tokyo/Ebriah -> London/King G -> and ended in Paris fighting Titanosaurus (I think?) Reading back, King G may not have been the best strategy in London but I hadn't battled him before so I went for it. Super fun and again the info here in the thread was really helpful in understanding some strategy.

IMG_1254 (resized).jpg
#207 30 days ago

Beyndtstng - have you done something like this for JP? Or have a tutorial to recommend? I understand the rules but I’m definitely not optimizing scoring…. Thanks!

#208 24 days ago
Quoted from scootss:

Beyndtstng - have you done something like this for JP? Or have a tutorial to recommend? I understand the rules but I’m definitely not optimizing scoring…. Thanks!

Check out chromecandy’s YouTube channel. I played JP for a couple of hours. I did not go as in-depth on that but there are some good tips there.

2 weeks later
#209 9 days ago

Thanks Jim!

20230117_194807 (resized).jpg
#210 5 days ago

Love that your initials are YEM!

Hoping for a festival this year!

#211 5 days ago

Haha, yep. Its at a bowling alley with a 25 minute tweezer available on the jukebox too. I'm holding out hope for another 3 night deer creek run.

#212 4 days ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Thanks Jim!
[quoted image]

Great job!

#213 4 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Got a pretty crazy 2bil Monster Zero tonight! Most prior around 500mil. Wish I could clearly explain how the math added up. I do remember I built up to the 8x super jack pot and got a lot of red shots before multiball started. Jackpots were around 12 mil at the start. I had Rodan when I got the wallop super jack pot and that one shot alone awarded about 400m (!). I somehow got a second SJP and guess Rodan ended because it was 200m ish the second time. Along with the record came a 1bil+ Rodan record. So, Rodan clearly had a lot to do with it.
This game is surprising me how a couple of good mode outcomes can really blow up the score. I do love that, though, so much better than the chopping wood feeling many games can’t escape from. For now, I remain thrilled, somewhat mystified, and sadly feeling like I’ll never top the mode score.
[quoted image]

This is a crazy monster zero. I always lock the first ball before the ball save ends since you are getting very little value (1x) for each red build up shot. This is critical since losing your ball in this stage is death. After that you can play around with it. I like to use the heat ray on the third level. Gives you every shot on the playfield into your jackpot value. Two 8X collects here would be huge. Also a smart place to use it when the three jackpot collects are on the hardest random shots to hit (loop, left ramp, spinner). Remember you are getting multiplied value for the jackpot with every ball on the playfield!

#214 2 days ago

Finally crossed a billion after understanding all of the rules of any mode I had made it to before and watching your videos! Just had to learn to play better haha. Ball one I quickly started gigan and immediately drained and was discouraged. But just like the videos say, doesn’t matter! Any ball can blow the game up. I didn’t cleanly stack or prepare much, but I did get to battle ghidorah for the first time and played monster zero for only the second time, so I was very happy with this game. I played bridge, godzilla, tank, mechagodzilla and victory multiball all right in a row. I was multiball’d out! I left an extra ball on the table like a dummy by draining during jets needing just two more easy ramps… had battle in my third city lit and missed my scoop shot into a drain without mothra on two dangers. Thanks for the instructions and videos!

5A234A66-EFBA-4E68-8EBB-2B6858A636B7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!