(Topic ID: 317288)

How to score a billion on Godzilla… and more!

By Beyndtstng

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 232 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 85 days ago by prentice
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What explanation and strategy would you like to see next?”

• How to play Monster Zero 9 votes
    17%
  • How to play Terror 2 votes
    4%
  • How to play Rampage 4 votes
    7%
  • Quickest way to get to Planet X 25 votes
    46%
  • Lighting and cashing Destruction Jackpots 14 votes
    26%

(54 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_0642 (resized).jpeg
5A234A66-EFBA-4E68-8EBB-2B6858A636B7 (resized).jpeg
20230117_194807 (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).jpg
6A4CFC5E-0FFB-404B-8291-E48B59F7B77E (resized).jpeg
66976941-B4F3-478D-9788-BBE9C25F9D66 (resized).jpeg
771875B2-A7D0-43CC-9EC4-872766F6993A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20220726_034332662 (resized).jpg
5D71A786-640C-464D-8716-8FAB829902A6 (resized).jpeg
signal-2022-07-13-13-54-25-608 (resized).jpg
9F1F1AC6-0F8F-4DDA-92EF-B9C3A9A1B273 (resized).png
8DA4CDD4-86C9-432C-A136-1DD0C7828B11 (resized).jpeg
40A858AC-6DAF-4E26-8AFA-D9B9FE918B32 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 12.04.06 AM (resized).png
There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 1 year ago

Is there a list anywhere of what heat ray will and won't spot for you?

#202 1 year ago

Ugh.

Beat all the monsters in King of Monsters Part 1 so I have of a base bounty of 1.8 billion. In Part 2, I complete every shot except all three of the under the flipper ones (of course).

My brain tells me I'm going to die trying to clear those three out. I tell my brain to shut up.

Even made shots for these can end your ball since there isn't a safe return to a flipper, but I hit the first two cleanly without losing control. I hit the third one and the scoop lights for the kill end shot.

The ball ball is doing the full loop around the mecha side lane and returning toward the center. All I have to do is get it onto my left flipper to shoot my now no-longer rejecting scoop (removing protector worked like a charm), collect the bounty, and end the game.

I lift my left flipper based on how the ball is coming in. The ball hits perfectly horizontally exactly into the side of the tip of my flipper. It drops straight down into the center drain. Game over.

Ugh.

#203 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Ugh.
Beat all the monsters in King of Monsters Part 1 so I have of a base bounty of 1.8 billion. In Part 2, I complete every shot except all three of the under the flipper ones (of course).
My brain tells me I'm going to die trying to clear those three out. I tell my brain to shut up.
Even made shots for these can end your ball since there isn't a safe return to a flipper, but I hit the first two cleanly without losing control. I hit the third one and the scoop lights for the kill end shot.
The ball ball is doing the full loop around the mecha side lane and returning toward the center. All I have to do is get it onto my left flipper to shoot my now no-longer rejecting scoop (removing protector worked like a charm), collect the bounty, and end the game.
I lift my left flipper based on how the ball is coming in. The ball hits perfectly horizontally exactly into the side of the tip of my flipper. It drops straight down into the center drain. Game over.
Ugh.

Big ole' oof there man, sucks. I made my second Planet X recently which I was able to get through a couple stages still not very close to KotM though.

#204 1 year ago
Quoted from KneeKickLou:

Big ole' oof there man, sucks. I made my second Planet X recently which I was able to get through a couple stages still not very close to KotM though.

Starting to feel like I'm cursed.

Next time prepping for King of the Monsters. I have angirus, mothra, and heat ray. No warnings. Shoot building to start KotM. It doesn't start. Instead, godzilla mb starts. Apparently, it takes precedence over the final wizard mode. Coming out of it, I have to make a double danger save. So now I start KotM with two warnings. One shot remaining in part two before the scoop when ball goes inlane but doesn't stay in. Pops out and I can't make a move to try to save it. Game over.

#205 1 year ago

Got a pretty crazy 2bil Monster Zero tonight! Most prior around 500mil. Wish I could clearly explain how the math added up. I do remember I built up to the 8x super jack pot and got a lot of red shots before multiball started. Jackpots were around 12 mil at the start. I had Rodan when I got the wallop super jack pot and that one shot alone awarded about 400m (!). I somehow got a second SJP and guess Rodan ended because it was 200m ish the second time. Along with the record came a 1bil+ Rodan record. So, Rodan clearly had a lot to do with it.

This game is surprising me how a couple of good mode outcomes can really blow up the score. I do love that, though, so much better than the chopping wood feeling many games can’t escape from. For now, I remain thrilled, somewhat mystified, and sadly feeling like I’ll never top the mode score.

6A4CFC5E-0FFB-404B-8291-E48B59F7B77E (resized).jpeg6A4CFC5E-0FFB-404B-8291-E48B59F7B77E (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#206 1 year ago

Thanks to Beyndtstng and all of the other users here who have shared their strategy. I didn't get everything right by any stretch, and had a few crappy balls in this game but manage to finally get there. Tokyo/Ebriah -> London/King G -> and ended in Paris fighting Titanosaurus (I think?) Reading back, King G may not have been the best strategy in London but I hadn't battled him before so I went for it. Super fun and again the info here in the thread was really helpful in understanding some strategy.

IMG_1254 (resized).jpgIMG_1254 (resized).jpg
#207 1 year ago

Beyndtstng - have you done something like this for JP? Or have a tutorial to recommend? I understand the rules but I’m definitely not optimizing scoring…. Thanks!

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from scootss:

Beyndtstng - have you done something like this for JP? Or have a tutorial to recommend? I understand the rules but I’m definitely not optimizing scoring…. Thanks!

Check out chromecandy’s YouTube channel. I played JP for a couple of hours. I did not go as in-depth on that but there are some good tips there.

2 weeks later
#209 1 year ago

Thanks Jim!

20230117_194807 (resized).jpg20230117_194807 (resized).jpg
#210 1 year ago

Love that your initials are YEM!

Hoping for a festival this year!

#211 1 year ago

Haha, yep. Its at a bowling alley with a 25 minute tweezer available on the jukebox too. I'm holding out hope for another 3 night deer creek run.

#212 1 year ago
Quoted from sullivcd40:

Thanks Jim!
[quoted image]

Great job!

#213 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Got a pretty crazy 2bil Monster Zero tonight! Most prior around 500mil. Wish I could clearly explain how the math added up. I do remember I built up to the 8x super jack pot and got a lot of red shots before multiball started. Jackpots were around 12 mil at the start. I had Rodan when I got the wallop super jack pot and that one shot alone awarded about 400m (!). I somehow got a second SJP and guess Rodan ended because it was 200m ish the second time. Along with the record came a 1bil+ Rodan record. So, Rodan clearly had a lot to do with it.
This game is surprising me how a couple of good mode outcomes can really blow up the score. I do love that, though, so much better than the chopping wood feeling many games can’t escape from. For now, I remain thrilled, somewhat mystified, and sadly feeling like I’ll never top the mode score.
[quoted image]

This is a crazy monster zero. I always lock the first ball before the ball save ends since you are getting very little value (1x) for each red build up shot. This is critical since losing your ball in this stage is death. After that you can play around with it. I like to use the heat ray on the third level. Gives you every shot on the playfield into your jackpot value. Two 8X collects here would be huge. Also a smart place to use it when the three jackpot collects are on the hardest random shots to hit (loop, left ramp, spinner). Remember you are getting multiplied value for the jackpot with every ball on the playfield!

#214 1 year ago

Finally crossed a billion after understanding all of the rules of any mode I had made it to before and watching your videos! Just had to learn to play better haha. Ball one I quickly started gigan and immediately drained and was discouraged. But just like the videos say, doesn’t matter! Any ball can blow the game up. I didn’t cleanly stack or prepare much, but I did get to battle ghidorah for the first time and played monster zero for only the second time, so I was very happy with this game. I played bridge, godzilla, tank, mechagodzilla and victory multiball all right in a row. I was multiball’d out! I left an extra ball on the table like a dummy by draining during jets needing just two more easy ramps… had battle in my third city lit and missed my scoop shot into a drain without mothra on two dangers. Thanks for the instructions and videos!

5A234A66-EFBA-4E68-8EBB-2B6858A636B7 (resized).jpeg5A234A66-EFBA-4E68-8EBB-2B6858A636B7 (resized).jpeg
#215 1 year ago
Quoted from evanc:

Finally crossed a billion after understanding all of the rules of any mode I had made it to before and watching your videos! Just had to learn to play better haha. Ball one I quickly started gigan and immediately drained and was discouraged. But just like the videos say, doesn’t matter! Any ball can blow the game up. I didn’t cleanly stack or prepare much, but I did get to battle ghidorah for the first time and played monster zero for only the second time, so I was very happy with this game. I played bridge, godzilla, tank, mechagodzilla and victory multiball all right in a row. I was multiball’d out! I left an extra ball on the table like a dummy by draining during jets needing just two more easy ramps… had battle in my third city lit and missed my scoop shot into a drain without mothra on two dangers. Thanks for the instructions and videos!
[quoted image]

Congratulations!

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

This is a crazy monster zero. I always lock the first ball before the ball save ends since you are getting very little value (1x) for each red build up shot. This is critical since losing your ball in this stage is death. After that you can play around with it. I like to use the heat ray on the third level. Gives you every shot on the playfield into your jackpot value. Two 8X collects here would be huge. Also a smart place to use it when the three jackpot collects are on the hardest random shots to hit (loop, left ramp, spinner). Remember you are getting multiplied value for the jackpot with every ball on the playfield!

Yeah thats a huge Monster Zero score. I had apro on loan for a few weeks, and now another mate has loaned me his premium (i loaned him Maiden). I struggle with Monster Zero. Sometimes only get like 25M on it. Whereas Terror of Mechagodzilla i almost can't get less than 150-200M.

I'm really enjoying learning the game. Can get Monster Zero most games, best is Power up 9, 3.5 Billion. Have got to Planet X twice, but never beaten it. So just to confirm a basic strategy i use - and happy for any advice, suggestions or refinement:

2 x ramps, scoop and Gigan
Finish gigan, change to London
Don't collect Destruction jackpot (on the pro i had at least) before changing cities or redoing 2 x ramps in London, as it buidling MB is lit, the pro wouldn't let me qualify another mode.
So once in London - 2 x ramps to light next battle
Than collect destruction jackpot
Then start Megalon (i found it or Titanasouras best to combine with MB), then start building MB
From there - see where the game leads.
If Tier 2 battle lit and i've done Tank, Bridge and Powerlines, go middle multiball Tier 2 mode
If not, got 1st Teir one mode for best points

I suppose what i don't understand well enough with scoring (to max points, not finish game). Am i better staying in a city to play ALL of bridge, tank and powerlines, or travel to next city to advance the game and potentially get planet x, more power ups, terror of mechagodzilla more etc?

#217 1 year ago

I had me first ever 1 Billion point ball one. Got through all of the city features defeated Ebirah cashed out a 213 Million Carnage bonus was pretty excited about that. Wasted a bunch of my EBs but still ended with 2.4 and both TOMG and MZ completed.

1 week later
#218 1 year ago

I have got a special request on destruction jackpot build, collection and multipliers strategy.
I a not clear about the best way to collect your destruction jackpot? How is it build?
Obviously the more you destroy the city the more you drop the bonus and the more you beat the kaiju the more you drop the multipliers up.
Shall it be collected after each mods? Same question for the city bonus multipliers?

And question bonus - what’s the strategy with the upper loop? Beside collecting bonus what does it bring to the scoring strategy?

Dear experts You’ve got two hours!

#219 1 year ago

I'd like to know more about this too, but I do have a tip for making the upper flipper shot off the magnet. If I hold the left flipper button halfway in (so the lower left flipper is up, upper left flipper is down) then I have a much better success percentage. Shortens your reaction time and makes it feel closer to the standard flip time of the lower flippers.

2 months later
#220 11 months ago

Holee shit. I posted this in the GZ owners thread but I think it's relevant here too. I just got awarded TEN BILLION for a single loop session.

gz loops.jpggz loops.jpg

I shot 16 consecutive loops, from a 5x magna-grab start, in Paris with it conquered for the loop value bonus, and Rodan running. The screen was showing a base value of over 40M per loop, up to x10 for the consecutive loop multiplier, and then x2 for Rodan meant over 800M PER SHOT.

I have no idea how the base value got that high. It would be 8M before the magna-grab multiplier. I had 80-some loops previously in the game, with several streaks of 5-6 or so. I didn't think to shoot the loop again to see the base value after that before the game ended. Maybe Rodan somehow doubled the base value and also doubled the final collect? Or did it really just get that high from earlier loops and the Paris increase.

The number is huge, but man that destroyed my high score board, that one combo overwhelmed an entire game and I'll never beat that through normal play...

#221 11 months ago

Posted this in the GZ owners thread too but it got buried there so I'll do this here too for more visibility. There is a bug with my big loop combo and I tested and reproduced it.

Rodan doubles loop scoring TWICE! It doubles both the base value shown on screen AND the final collected value after that.

I did this test with the glass off. Light Rodan (easiest way is impostor battle #1) and start him. Shoot 10 consecutive loops by pressing the loop switch. These ten shots will show the following:

1,000,000 x 1
1,030,000 x 2
1,060,000 x 3
1,090,000 x 4
1,120,000 x 5
1,150,000 x 6
1,180,000 x 7
1,210,000 x 8
1,240,000 x 9
1,270,000 x 10

The base values are the starting 500k + 15k per shot, then doubled by Rodan. The total of those ten shot values is 64,900,000. But the loop total screen will show 118,450,000 and the score will increase by that much.

Now the even weirder part is that the loop total isn't quite double. What's happening is that the BASE value gets subtracted out after multiplying, presumably to counteract that Rodan already doubled it... but what would need to happen is that the MULTIPLIED value gets subtracted out. (Or more simply just don't double that by Rodan at all since the base value already was.)

(There was no bug with the base value of 40M that I saw. That's correct. Original base up to 2 million, +500k for Paris, x2 for Rodan, x5 for Magna-Grab, x2 from powerup level 7 which I had. That all comes to 50M possible base; in my game the original base wasn't quite up to 2 million but a little below.)

2 weeks later
#222 11 months ago

I'll also chip in a strategy post, getting back to the topic of this thread. Here's my path to scoring a billion with fair consistency:

Shoot the ramps and building to bring the building into lock position, but don't start locking balls yet. Start Kaiju Battle and pick Gigan. Use the building in lock position to beat Gigan by looping the right ramp over and over. Jets will also start during this and the ramp shots are an easy way to knock that off too.

Afterwards, just leave Tokyo right away. On the scoop shot, you'll have two allies lit if you got the jets; arrange this for Anguirus and Mothra if you can, since there's nothing lit right away to use Rodan's 2x. Also when you get powerup #2, take the 5x time bonus.

In the the next city (probably London), light the kaiju battle and start Titanosaurus, and now lock balls and stack Godzilla MB onto that. Including the Anguirus add-a-ball, you'll complete Titano easily, including the 5x time bonus. You should also manage a GZ super jackpot to qualify Monster Zero.

All that together gives you one extra ball, possibly a second one from the second instance of Jets, and the destruction jackpot up to 20-30M x 3. Now is the time to start going for Bridge and Tank multiballs, to collect the nicely boosted destruction jackpots afterwards. Also, a great time to use Heat Ray is during the *second* wave of either Bridge or Tank, after the first super jackpot, since that's when the values have escalated and more shots are required to do it again.

Once Tesla Strike starts, stack that into Monster Zero. MZ gives you basically forever to hit all the Tesla shots with no risk after one ball lock, and they overlap with the shots for MZ itself.

Finally, if you manage to have done Bridge, Tank, and Tesla all on the same ball, then go for Mechagodzilla MB (and maybe the second instance of GZ), but ignore the goals and just entirely bang on the annihilation bonuses. Those will easily score tens of millions per hit, and once you cash out the carnage bonus you should be well over a billion.

2 weeks later
#223 10 months ago

What should i be telling my brain so i can start to stall the ball w my live catches like him?

#224 10 months ago
Quoted from TheBananaPeel69:

What should i be telling my brain so i can start to stall the ball w my live catches like him?

Your probably flipping too early because you fear it being a rocket shot. Just give it that extra little beat. It has to be the right angle too, search Abe Flips on YouTube he’s got a great tutorial for this.

7 months later
#225 3 months ago

IMG_0642 (resized).jpegIMG_0642 (resized).jpeg

Ugh. So close. Had like 800mil after ball 2 and 3 extra balls. Then choked hard.

#226 3 months ago
Quoted from shan0_mac:

[quoted image]
Ugh. So close. Had like 800mil after ball 2 and 3 extra balls. Then choked hard.

Been there...that was me for a while till I finally broke a billion. You'll get there for sure.

#227 3 months ago
Quoted from shan0_mac:

[quoted image]

That's been me until last night - finally broke 1B! Scored 1.7B. Felt good after so many 900+M scores....

1 week later
#228 86 days ago
SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdfSEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf
#229 86 days ago

That's a weird kaiju

#230 85 days ago

…?

#231 85 days ago

Wrong thread!

#232 85 days ago

All good! Anyone with an avatar from The State gets a free pass by me. Just saw them perform last month in SF, soooo great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 185.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chula Vista, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.