(Topic ID: 317288)

How to score a billion on Godzilla… and more!

By Beyndtstng

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 232 posts
  • 62 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 80 days ago by prentice
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What explanation and strategy would you like to see next?”

• How to play Monster Zero 9 votes
    17%
  • How to play Terror 2 votes
    4%
  • How to play Rampage 4 votes
    7%
  • Quickest way to get to Planet X 25 votes
    46%
  • Lighting and cashing Destruction Jackpots 14 votes
    26%

(54 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SEC-139-2024.01.25.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_0642 (resized).jpeg
5A234A66-EFBA-4E68-8EBB-2B6858A636B7 (resized).jpeg
20230117_194807 (resized).jpg
IMG_1254 (resized).jpg
6A4CFC5E-0FFB-404B-8291-E48B59F7B77E (resized).jpeg
66976941-B4F3-478D-9788-BBE9C25F9D66 (resized).jpeg
771875B2-A7D0-43CC-9EC4-872766F6993A (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
PXL_20220726_034332662 (resized).jpg
5D71A786-640C-464D-8716-8FAB829902A6 (resized).jpeg
signal-2022-07-13-13-54-25-608 (resized).jpg
9F1F1AC6-0F8F-4DDA-92EF-B9C3A9A1B273 (resized).png
8DA4CDD4-86C9-432C-A136-1DD0C7828B11 (resized).jpeg
40A858AC-6DAF-4E26-8AFA-D9B9FE918B32 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 12.04.06 AM (resized).png
There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I always stick with stern rubbers, since that is likely what you will find on location.

I like the play of factory black rubber on Stern games as well. Pinball Life "perfect play" is the closet approximation of all the non-rubber I've tried. I care a LOT about flipper feel, and don't notice much if any difference when I switch to those. If I recall correctly, Terry from Pinball Life said his goal with perfect play was to match the durometer (hardness) of black rubber.

My JP premium shipped with real red rubber, which is way bouncier than either black rubber or perfect play silicone.

#52 1 year ago

Still haven't hit a billion. I want a refund!

I'm very new to pinball, but I've already put 300 games on Godzilla(out of maybe 400 games of pinball ever). A good game so far is 500-800m, have several of those.

My issue with following the tutorial exactly is I have such a hard time getting the scoop, getting it many times in 3+ balls is not happening. I just eventually drain. So trying to get to the second city before stacking up annihilation is not working well.

Im trying to shift my focus to just getting the non-raid inserts going and not avoiding mg/gz multiballs, and just go for the scoop when I have a ball save.

Hopefully I'll keep getting better at ball handling and get better at the scoop shot and not draining so I can eventually get through the cities easier...

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

You can’t start super trains in a tier 2.

...and you can't start Kaiju battle once you've started super trains.

I was making this too hard. All you need to do is NOT collect 5 jet fighters during the first Jet Fighter attack. It's OK to start Jet Fighter attack - just collect 2 or 3 jet fighters. Then before hitting the scoop to start King G, make sure to start another Jet Fighter attack.

I didn't even do that well in King G and got 720M. I know I can get over 1B in King G.

Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 12.04.06 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-07-05 at 12.04.06 AM (resized).png
#54 1 year ago

I've gone over a billion on GZ a couple times now but always on older code so I'll have to study up. What I really need to know is how to score big points on RUSH. I just don't really get how some of these people are putting up monster scores in that game

#55 1 year ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

...and you can't start Kaiju battle once you've started super trains.
I was making this too hard. All you need to do is NOT collect 5 jet fighters during the first Jet Fighter attack. It's OK to start Jet Fighter attack - just collect 2 or 3 jet fighters. Then before hitting the scoop to start King G, make sure to start another Jet Fighter attack.
I didn't even do that well in King G and got 720M. I know I can get over 1B in King G.[quoted image]

Perfect! You can roll it into King G and delay the start of the 2X until after your first wave. Yes, 1 bil easily with a heat ray on the second wave. Nice!

#56 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Perfect! You can roll it into King G and delay the start of the 2X until after your first wave. Yes, 1 bil easily with a heat ray on the second wave. Nice!

Could you do a written treatment of your rules strategy?

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Could you do a written treatment of your rules strategy?

Very situational based. Tell me what your goal is and I could write a strategy for it.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Very situational based. Tell me what your goal is and I could write a strategy for it.

I'm just starting out don't really understand, what is the early game strategy?

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm just starting out don't really understand, what is the early game strategy?

Start at 32:00 minutes on this video. Ben uploaded them to YouTube. Let me know what specific questions you want answered.

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Start at 32:00 minutes on this video. Ben uploaded them to YouTube. Let me know what specific questions you want answered.

Thanks, just been watching!

Lots of stuff to learn, have to update my code still.

I do have a question, the Maser Cannon seems to be lit all the time, but you don't go for it, what does that shot do?

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I do have a question, the Maser Cannon seems to be lit all the time, but you don't go for it, what does that shot do?

Maser cannon is random awards.

Here is a copy past from Captain Bzarre's sheet.

Collect mystery awards at the Maser Cannon standup target when flashing. Qualify the target by either rolling over the switch directly right of the pop bumper - and / or hitting the standup target itself - 3 times + 1 per collection.

Awards:

5M
+1 Bonus X
+1 Tail Whip
Advance Fighter
Advance Train
Advance RAMPAGE
Destroy Saucer
Light Ally
Light Destruction Jackpot
Light Inlanes
Light Kaiju Battle
Spot Powerline
Spot Bridge Attack
Spot Tank
Start Mechagodzilla Battle (activates the Neo Barrier, only available once per game)
Start Hedorah (see below)

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Definitely one of the most dangerous shots -- even a successful hit sends the ball to the right side where the pop bumper is waiting to drain you. The MC is also the Super Jackpot shot for Tank Multiball, so there are at least a few times where you want to actually shoot for it.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Maser cannon is random awards.
Here is a copy past from Captain Bzarre's sheet.
Collect mystery awards at the Maser Cannon standup target when flashing. Qualify the target by either rolling over the switch directly right of the pop bumper - and / or hitting the standup target itself - 3 times + 1 per collection.
Awards:
5M
+1 Bonus X
+1 Tail Whip
Advance Fighter
Advance Train
Advance RAMPAGE
Destroy Saucer
Light Ally
Light Destruction Jackpot
Light Inlanes
Light Kaiju Battle
Spot Powerline
Spot Bridge Attack
Spot Tank
Start Mechagodzilla Battle (activates the Neo Barrier, only available once per game)
Start Hedorah (see below)

The only two of these awards worth the danger of shooting this intentionally would be light DJ and light ally. I don’t know if there are rules that govern which award you get (I assume there are some) or if it is random. Hedorah is not worth a lot unless you are getting switches to build up the value. You should try to start that one but only in mb or single ball with a ball save.

#64 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

The only two of these awards worth the danger of shooting this intentionally would be light DJ and light ally. I don’t know if there are rules that govern which award you get (I assume there are some) or if it is random. Hedorah is not worth a lot unless you are getting switches to build up the value. You should try to start that one but only in mb or single ball with a ball save.

Hedorah can be amazing if you have a ball that goes forever.

I'm not aware of any non-random rules governing MC awards (in normal play - I assume competition would make their order predetermined or deterministic).

#65 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Hedorah can be amazing if you have a ball that goes forever.
I'm not aware of any non-random rules governing MC awards (in normal play - I assume competition would make their order predetermined or deterministic).

Hedorah is always the next award if you have 2+ secret combos. i don't know any rules for it other than that.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Hedorah is always the next award if you have 2+ secret combos. i don't know any rules for it other than that.

correct

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Still haven't hit a billion. I want a refund!
I'm very new to pinball, but I've already put 300 games on Godzilla(out of maybe 400 games of pinball ever). A good game so far is 500-800m, have several of those.
My issue with following the tutorial exactly is I have such a hard time getting the scoop, getting it many times in 3+ balls is not happening. I just eventually drain. So trying to get to the second city before stacking up annihilation is not working well.
Im trying to shift my focus to just getting the non-raid inserts going and not avoiding mg/gz multiballs, and just go for the scoop when I have a ball save.
Hopefully I'll keep getting better at ball handling and get better at the scoop shot and not draining so I can eventually get through the cities easier...

How to get a billion without using the scoop… this will be tough because the power ups are tied to them. Assuming you can only start one tier 1, this would be my play on a premium:

Center spinner or left spinner to open the game up depending on where the tank is. You don’t want tank on the left spinner since it has bad shot difficulty to chance of drain if missed ratio (I’ll release my scale at some point haha). If the tank is there when you start, then use the ball save to collect that tank. It will also probably collect the first attack bridge with a successful shot because it hits the magna post.

Now you want to go right ramp/left ramp but don’t start a kaiju battle. You will want to start jets first. Once you start jets, then follow my tutorial by shooting the right ramp. Hold the right flipper up as it comes down and nudge the machine towards the backglass/translite to hop the ball over to your left flipper. Five jets lights your first ally… do NOT go for the sixth jet. Go ahead and get your mecha going now. The mecha spinner is a safe dead bounce to the right flipper from the left on a return. Do that until the turntable spins around. During this you should be hitting the attack bridge magna post when it is lit to work your way to bridge mb.

Get the ball trapped on the left and make sure Rodan is selected. Use the right flipper to change what ally you get. Here you will have to hit the scoop. You’ll probably be close to the first power up as well.

Take Rodan with Megalon. Your GZ mb should almost be ready to go with all that jet work. You should need just one shot to the building to light the lock. Shoot the building to light your lock. Lock a ball. Now you should be able to use the ball save from the skill shot to see where megalon is. Your goal is to at least get 5 in a row as that is the multiplier at which he maxes out at. If he is on a shot you don’t like (i.e., left spinner), lock another ball and use your ball save to setup the shot. Lock a third ball to start mb if he is on another undesirable shot. During GZ mb focus only on him. It will be hard because yellow arrows denote a level jackpot in GZ mb. I believe the megalon will blink faster though.

After the fourth shot, you will light another ally. We are going to take add a ball here, but you will not use it in GZ mb. If you can finish megalon with 2X, you’re looking at 250+ million depending on switches in the mb. Overall score should be about 325-350 at this point. Out of the mb, collect the destruction jackpot and see which mb you are closer on, bridge or tank. Use your ball to get both ready to go (even if you lose a ball doing so). You should have a heat ray around this time. Since you don’t like the scoop, let’s take bridge mb first.

If you can get to the first super without using your heat ray, then that would be ideal. If so, then do what I am about to describe during the second round of bridge mb If you usually don’t get the super, then do as follows:

When bridge starts, use your heat ray to take all the single jackpots away. Skill drain till you get a ball on the right flipper and hit the magna post twice. You’ll probably still have a ball save going after doing this. Check out the tutorial for the ideal super timing on having a ball trapped on both flippers. Now right ramp for the super. Let’s the balls drain with the ball save so you can keep hitting right ramps. It will max out at 24 mil. Coming out of bridge, take your destruction jackpot. Your bridge should be at least 50 or 100 if you hit 3-4 supers or got through the next wave with supers. DO NOT use the add a ball yet. Now you need to hit the scoop for tank mb. Sucks if you drain… so don’t haha. If you miss the shot, remember if you are early or late and make the adjustment.

During tank mb, four tanks lights an untimed super at the maser cannon. Try to collect one super which will give you about 40 million. Now instead of going for the second super, focus on getting Tesla targets. Use your ball save here to complete the set and hit the strobing target five times. Hopefully you light the center Tesla spinner and pick off some targets. When out of the mb, you should have some Tesla shots to complete. I would NOT risk the DJ here because hopefully you are still running bridge as well. Here’s where we want to start mecha. One shot to each target… you’ll have to survive this to get your bil. Once in the mb, the jackpots are the same shots as some of the Tesla shots. Focus on completing Tesla first. If you can get a mecha super then great, but the key is to focus on completing Tesla. I like to use my second heat ray on that left spinner shot for Tesla. You’ll be about 500-600 million at this point. If you didn’t drain after bridge, then you’ll be running 3x annihilation. See my tutorial on how that scoring works.

You’ll probably have about 150 mil waiting at the scoop for your carnage bonus (depending on if you beat the kaiju on the same ball). Here’s where you make the choice, collect at the scoop for an overall score around 750 or make a push to raise the carnage value. If you can hit those ramps, then skip the scoop and go for another GZ mb. Watch the tutorial to see how to handle a rejected left ramp shot. This time it will take at least two shots to the center to light the building after maxing out the ramp shots. Start GZ mb and just focus on lighting the attack bridge for your 3x annihilation bonus. Bridge will be the highest value if you just have an average tank and Tesla. The bridge collect should be at least 10 million with the 3X. Don’t forget the add a ball in GZ mb. You can probably pick up the super in the mb as well. Coming out of it, you’ll be at around 900 mil. Shoot the scoop to collect probably a 300-400 mil carnage bonus.

If you drain while trying it to collect, then don’t worry about it. You’ll still get a 2X carnage collect (instead of 3-5X) because you played all the inserts before moving on. That should be worth 100 million and now you got your billion… with only three scoop shots. Would have been much easier to explain this in a video. Hope this helps. Go get it!

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Would have been much easier to explain this in a video. Hope this helps. Go get it!

Really appreciate you taking the time to write that up. definitely helpful and gives me some more ideas. the concept of using MBs to set up other stuff safely (setting up big annihilations) instead of going for highest MB score is really interesting and I need to work on that.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I've gone over a billion on GZ a couple times now but always on older code so I'll have to study up. What I really need to know is how to score big points on RUSH. I just don't really get how some of these people are putting up monster scores in that game

I’ve only put about 10 games in on Rush at a friend’s house. One of the things you want to do is collect records of the same color before shooting the time machine to start a mode. The record color changes every time you hit a RUSH target on the far right. Try to get at least three of the some color, and use your mb’s to play the modes out.

#70 1 year ago

I appreciate reading and discussing all these rules, I can't really make all the shots that are required (need to practice more).

I have a general question, can you think of an example of a rule that is 'too powerful' or that is a loophole to big points that seems like cheating?

I was thinking about BM66 which is great, there is an exploit path if you get Freeze (minor villain) you can basically spam the commissioner Gordon target and make the bat-phone collect basically as high as you want because the hurry-up never decreases (there is a risk because you could lose it all since it's a dangerous shot and can't do it during multiball.).

Do you think GZ has a rule feature that is so powerful that it seems almost unfair because it's a big exploit potential?

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Do you think GZ has a rule feature that is so powerful that it seems almost unfair because it's a big exploit potential?

Not that I've found, and if there is, it will be nerfed in future updates. KME's specialty is making you play the whole game well, earn it all.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:Do you think GZ has a rule feature that is so powerful that it seems almost unfair because it's a big exploit potential?

The beautiful thing is, Godzilla is getting a lot of play. There was one exploit, if I recall correctly, that was dealt with in one of the recent updates. Maybe someone else can confirm / provide more info. It was Bridge multiball. Hit all of the jackpots to light super jackpot at the right ramp. This also kicks out a 3rd ball. My understanding is, as long as you keep hitting the super jackpot, the jackpot timer gets reset. So you'd cradle two balls on the right flipper, hit the right ramp, and when the ball feeds into the cradle, tip one over to the left flipper - repeat. But like I said - that 'exploit' has been dealt with.

#73 1 year ago

I wouldn't call it an 'exploit' - but I play with lock lit.

Gigan: it allows me to repeat the right ramp 8 times. It's not an exploit because comboing left/right ramps garners quite a few more points. If you play it near perfectly, in 1x, Gigan can be worth >135M points. If you loop the right ramp (with lock lit), it's worth about 75M at 1x.

Titanosaurus with lock lit is good because the far right target is a tight shot. With lock lit, the right ramp feeds the left flipper. So keep hitting it until you hit it late enough that you clip that right target.

Jet Fighters with lock lit is good - again because you can repeat the right ramp until you get 5 jets.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

I wouldn't call it an 'exploit' - but I play with lock lit.
Gigan: it allows me to repeat the right ramp 8 times. It's not an exploit because comboing left/right ramps garners quite a few more points. If you play it near perfectly, in 1x, Gigan can be worth >135M points. If you loop the right ramp (with lock lit), it's worth about 75M at 1x.
Titanosaurus with lock lit is good because the far right target is a tight shot. With lock lit, the right ramp feeds the left flipper. So keep hitting it until you hit it late enough that you clip that right target.
Jet Fighters with lock lit is good - again because you can repeat the right ramp until you get 5 jets.

Also not an exploit, but during ball save on bridge I'll try to quickly hit enough easy jackpots to qualify the magnet, intentionally drain, and then hard plunge the balls into the magnet as they return to the shooter lane to complete the two hits required to light the super on the right ramp. Not uncommon to end up with the super lit before ball save expires.

#75 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Also not an exploit, but during ball save on bridge I'll try to quickly hit enough easy jackpots to qualify the magnet, intentionally drain, and then hard plunge the balls into the magnet as they return to the shooter lane to complete the two hits required to light the super on the right ramp. Not uncommon to end up with the super lit before ball save expires.

I posted this 24 hours ago in response to avoiding the scoop for a billion. I’m calling copyright infringement haha.

#76 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

I posted this 24 hours ago in response to avoiding the scoop for a billion. I’m calling copyright infringement haha.

Ha. Missed that. Great minds...

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

How to get a billion without using the scoop… this will be tough because the power ups are tied to them. Assuming you can only start one tier 1, this would be my play on a premium:
Center spinner or left spinner to open the game up depending on where the tank is. You don’t want tank on the left spinner since it has bad shot difficulty to chance of drain if missed ratio (I’ll release my scale at some point haha). If the tank is there when you start, then use the ball save to collect that tank. It will also probably collect the first attack bridge with a successful shot because it hits the magna post.
Now you want to go right ramp/left ramp but don’t start a kaiju battle. You will want to start jets first. Once you start jets, then follow my tutorial by shooting the right ramp. Hold the right flipper up as it comes down and nudge the machine towards the backglass/translite to hop the ball over to your left flipper. Five jets lights your first ally… do NOT go for the sixth jet. Go ahead and get your mecha going now. The mecha spinner is a safe dead bounce to the right flipper from the left on a return. Do that until the turntable spins around. During this you should be hitting the attack bridge magna post when it is lit to work your way to bridge mb.
Get the ball trapped on the left and make sure Rodan is selected. Use the right flipper to change what ally you get. Here you will have to hit the scoop. You’ll probably be close to the first power up as well.
Take Rodan with Megalon. Your GZ mb should almost be ready to go with all that jet work. You should need just one shot to the building to light the lock. Shoot the building to light your lock. Lock a ball. Now you should be able to use the ball save from the skill shot to see where megalon is. Your goal is to at least get 5 in a row as that is the multiplier at which he maxes out at. If he is on a shot you don’t like (i.e., left spinner), lock another ball and use your ball save to setup the shot. Lock a third ball to start mb if he is on another undesirable shot. During GZ mb focus only on him. It will be hard because yellow arrows denote a level jackpot in GZ mb. I believe the megalon will blink faster though.
After the fourth shot, you will light another ally. We are going to take add a ball here, but you will not use it in GZ mb. If you can finish megalon with 2X, you’re looking at 250+ million depending on switches in the mb. Overall score should be about 325-350 at this point. Out of the mb, collect the destruction jackpot and see which mb you are closer on, bridge or tank. Use your ball to get both ready to go (even if you lose a ball doing so). You should have a heat ray around this time. Since you don’t like the scoop, let’s take bridge mb first.
If you can get to the first super without using your heat ray, then that would be ideal. If so, then do what I am about to describe during the second round of bridge mb If you usually don’t get the super, then do as follows:
When bridge starts, use your heat ray to take all the single jackpots away. Skill drain till you get a ball on the right flipper and hit the magna post twice. You’ll probably still have a ball save going after doing this. Check out the tutorial for the ideal super timing on having a ball trapped on both flippers. Now right ramp for the super. Let’s the balls drain with the ball save so you can keep hitting right ramps. It will max out at 24 mil. Coming out of bridge, take your destruction jackpot. Your bridge should be at least 50 or 100 if you hit 3-4 supers or got through the next wave with supers. DO NOT use the add a ball yet. Now you need to hit the scoop for tank mb. Sucks if you drain… so don’t haha. If you miss the shot, remember if you are early or late and make the adjustment.
During tank mb, four tanks lights an untimed super at the maser cannon. Try to collect one super which will give you about 40 million. Now instead of going for the second super, focus on getting Tesla targets. Use your ball save here to complete the set and hit the strobing target five times. Hopefully you light the center Tesla spinner and pick off some targets. When out of the mb, you should have some Tesla shots to complete. I would NOT risk the DJ here because hopefully you are still running bridge as well. Here’s where we want to start mecha. One shot to each target… you’ll have to survive this to get your bil. Once in the mb, the jackpots are the same shots as some of the Tesla shots. Focus on completing Tesla first. If you can get a mecha super then great, but the key is to focus on completing Tesla. I like to use my second heat ray on that left spinner shot for Tesla. You’ll be about 500-600 million at this point. If you didn’t drain after bridge, then you’ll be running 3x annihilation. See my tutorial on how that scoring works.
You’ll probably have about 150 mil waiting at the scoop for your carnage bonus (depending on if you beat the kaiju on the same ball). Here’s where you make the choice, collect at the scoop for an overall score around 750 or make a push to raise the carnage value. If you can hit those ramps, then skip the scoop and go for another GZ mb. Watch the tutorial to see how to handle a rejected left ramp shot. This time it will take at least two shots to the center to light the building after maxing out the ramp shots. Start GZ mb and just focus on lighting the attack bridge for your 3x annihilation bonus. Bridge will be the highest value if you just have an average tank and Tesla. The bridge collect should be at least 10 million with the 3X. Don’t forget the add a ball in GZ mb. You can probably pick up the super in the mb as well. Coming out of it, you’ll be at around 900 mil. Shoot the scoop to collect probably a 300-400 mil carnage bonus.
If you drain while trying it to collect, then don’t worry about it. You’ll still get a 2X carnage collect (instead of 3-5X) because you played all the inserts before moving on. That should be worth 100 million and now you got your billion… with only three scoop shots. Would have been much easier to explain this in a video. Hope this helps. Go get it!

Just skimmed through this. Lots of good info. And the great irony is that anyone with the skill level to pull this off to get a billion wouldn't need to. Because they'd already be capable of getting a billion (a few, really) just playing through the game casually, accomplishing stuff here and there without squeezing every last point out of every city

#78 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I appreciate reading and discussing all these rules, I can't really make all the shots that are required (need to practice more).
I have a general question, can you think of an example of a rule that is 'too powerful' or that is a loophole to big points that seems like cheating?
I was thinking about BM66 which is great, there is an exploit path if you get Freeze (minor villain) you can basically spam the commissioner Gordon target and make the bat-phone collect basically as high as you want because the hurry-up never decreases (there is a risk because you could lose it all since it's a dangerous shot and can't do it during multiball.).

One of the best thing about the Elwin games is the lack of a manageable exploit. JP has one built way deep in, IMDN had the Icarus bug… don’t recall if he fixed that one. While GZ doesn’t have a big one, there are some things I would adjust:

1. Light all ally’s is too strong in late game to be a level 9 award. You can get 1+ billion DJ collects running Rodan. I would like to see him trade this off with the level 5 or 7 award.

2. Loops are pretty worthless at a current fixed value. Would be nice if he made them worth increasing value as you shot loops. Would make the 2X loop value worth taking.

3. A bonus beyond the standard combo 2X for completing gigan perfectly (7 straight combo shots). Maybe 40 mil in addition. Make me want to try and pull this off and reward me for doing so.

4. Put some logic in the magna post. If I clip it and it doesn’t grab the ball, I only score the points and lose the chance at the imposter. Give me the points but turn the magna grab back on to grab the ball on the next hit.

4a. Let me blow off all animations when the magna post actually grabs the ball. It will only swing reliably for a few seconds. Lost many opportunities because the bridge animation was playing or the titanosaurus finisher shot was lit.

5. Monster zero left spinner should be worth a greater jackpot value than the other shots that are safe and repeatable. Two to three times more value. Same goes for the last shots in rampage. 2X value for left spinner. Right now most people will shoot another shot and time it out.

6. For Ebriah, a bonus for “shatzing” the right inlane to finishing the mode (like the double saucer award). Having Neal make a call out accusing you of stealing his technique would be an especially nice touch!

7. If I already have all three ally’s collecting a fourth should add 60 seconds to my Rodan time.

8. Briefly show me what ally is lit if I make the super secret skill shot. When I miss, you can just remove the light.

These adjustment requests are like someone saying to clean the protective glass on the Mona Lisa. The game is already one of the best ever. These are some tweaks to balance the game out more.

#79 1 year ago
Quoted from UltraPeepi:

The beautiful thing is, Godzilla is getting a lot of play. There was one exploit, if I recall correctly, that was dealt with in one of the recent updates. Maybe someone else can confirm / provide more info. It was Bridge multiball. Hit all of the jackpots to light super jackpot at the right ramp. This also kicks out a 3rd ball. My understanding is, as long as you keep hitting the super jackpot, the jackpot timer gets reset. So you'd cradle two balls on the right flipper, hit the right ramp, and when the ball feeds into the cradle, tip one over to the left flipper - repeat. But like I said - that 'exploit' has been dealt with.

I own the LE so the bridge drops the ball on the playfield after the super. Always seems to go anywhere but the left flipper haha.

#80 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

One of the best thing about the Elwin games is the lack of a manageable exploit. JP has one built way deep in, IMDN had the Icarus bug… don’t recall if he fixed that one. While GZ doesn’t have a big one, there are some things I would adjust:
1. Light all ally’s is too strong in late game to be a level 9 award. You can get 1+ billion DJ collects running Rodan. I would like to see him trade this off with the level 5 or 7 award.
2. Loops are pretty worthless at a current fixed value. Would be nice if he made them worth increasing value as you shot loops. Would make the 2X loop value worth taking.
3. A bonus beyond the standard combo 2X for completing gigan perfectly (7 straight combo shots). Maybe 40 mil in addition. Make me want to try and pull this off and reward me for doing so.
4. Put some logic in the magna post. If I clip it and it doesn’t grab the ball, I only score the points and lose the chance at the imposter. Give me the points but turn the magna grab back on to grab the ball on the next hit.
4a. Let me blow off all animations when the magna post actually grabs the ball. It will only swing reliably for a few seconds. Lost many opportunities because the bridge animation was playing or the titanosaurus finisher shot was lit.
5. Monster zero left spinner should be worth a greater jackpot value than the other shots that are safe and repeatable. Two to three times more value. Same goes for the last shots in rampage. 2X value for left spinner. Right now most people will shoot another shot and time it out.
6. For Ebriah, a bonus for “shatzing” the right inlane to finishing the mode (like the double saucer award). Having Neal make a call out accusing you of stealing his technique would be an especially nice touch!
7. If I already have all three ally’s collecting a fourth should add 60 seconds to my Rodan time.
8. Briefly show me what ally is lit if I make the super secret skill shot. When I miss, you can just remove the light.
These adjustment requests are like someone saying to clean the protective glass on the Mona Lisa. The game is already one of the best ever. These are some tweaks to balance the game out more.

You could write that in the tiltforum, then it will be seen.

#81 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

You could write that in the tiltforum, then it will be seen.

Did it last night.

#82 1 year ago

J E T S…. Jets, jets, jets!

As promised, my full jets strategy.

Background: Jets are more lucrative on the premium/LE than the pro because of the way you need to light them after the second cycle. When you start the game, you will see both inlanes lit for jets under the triangular jet inserts. You need three of each inlane to start jets. You can tell how many jets you have by the plastic jet inserts at the bottom of each inlane. Once jets is started, three shots will cycle back and forth on the playfield on a points hurry up. You need to hit a shot before the points are gone (there is a small grace period on the timer). Each shot scores the displayed value and increases the value of the next shot. The safest way to get most of the jets is by shooting the right ramp and hoping the ball over from the right flipper to the left flipper with a nudge (see tutorial video for demonstration). After collecting five jets in a cycle, a sixth jet will light at the left spinner to collect all previous values. Do NOT shoot this dangerous shot! After collecting your fifth total jet, you will light an ally.

On the second cycle of jets, only one of the two inlanes will be lit. If the right inlane is lit, and the building is not in the lock position, then shoot the right ramp to collect all three jets. The insert will now switch to the other side. Instead of trying to shoot the left ramp three times, shoot the white arrow(s) to get the building into the lock position. Now the right ramp will feed the left inlane. Shoot the right ramp three more times to start jets again. During the second cycle, focus on the right ramp to get five more jets. Your 10th total jet awards extra ball!

For every cycle after this, you need to light one of the jet insets by going down the mecha side lane. This is easy on the premium/LE when the mecha spinner is available. You need to light/collect six times to start the third cycle of jets. Your 15th total jet collected increase your DJ by 1x.

Strategy: The first three awards are in sets of 5. Therefore, you don’t need the sixth jet in any cycle. The left spinner shot is very dangerous, especially after going down the right inlane. Another reason to always shoot the right ramp is that your hurry up points go back to max value each time you go down an inlane during jets.

Jets are unique in that they continue to run even when a ball is sitting in the shooter lane after a lock. You’ll notice that the mecha side lane is lit red for a skill shot after a lock. You can wait for the jets to cycle to the side lane before plunging the mecha side lane to collect the skill shot and another jet!

Anytime the mecha spinner is open, I am usually going to shoot it for progress on mecha and to light my next jet. You cannot light more than one jet a time. You need to collect the lit jet before lighting the next one. Despite the insert being lit, jets are not inlane collectible in multiballs, rampage, MZ, TOM or super trains. Before starting a mb, see where your jets are. If you are only one of two away, then it may be a good idea to start that jet cycle before getting into the mb. You will almost certainly collect 5 jets in mb. This also makes the sixth jet worth going for (with the ball save).

Pay attention to whether a jet is lit prior to launching a ball. If it is not, then consider taking the mecha lane skill shot. This will give you points and light your next jet. For advanced players (and you Maverick’s out there), your 21st , 33rd, and 45th jet lights an ally. Collecting Rodan in late game can make destruction jackpots worth a ridiculous value. Of note, 5% of your jets value is added to the temporary DJ. More about DJ value later.

That is all… aha, ha, ha, ha!

#83 1 year ago

When do you try to have 15 jets done by??

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

When do you try to have 15 jets done by??

Mid to late game. The later in the game, the higher your DJ multiplier should be. If I had a really good rampage, GZ mb, or Mecha mb, then I may activate it earlier.

#85 1 year ago

Last night I started a DJ worth 60m+ x 10...with Rodan running. Of course, I missed it after three attempts. ARGH!

#86 1 year ago
Quoted from noysboy:

Last night I started a DJ worth 60m+ x 10...with Rodan running. Of course, I missed it after three attempts. ARGH!

This is one of the reasons this game is so epic. He gives you these pinball moments.

Just played a pro. The mecha spinner feeds the jet relight so I have updated the latest post. Guess the building and the dropping bridge is your justification for premium. That and this will probably be the best game ever after 1.0 code.

#87 1 year ago

Beyndtstng i noticed in your stream tutorial that you said always choose London as the second city. What is the reason behind that?

#88 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Beyndtstng i noticed in your stream tutorial that you said always choose London as the second city. What is the reason behind that?

Each city gives you a perk when you complete it. Similar to JP. London increase your base DJP value. New York boosts your saucer value and Paris increases your loop value. Both worthless compared to London. You can argue whether Paris or NY is the third city, but London should always be the second. Plus one of the combos (right ramp, left ramp, scoop) is something you are trying to do anyway.

#89 1 year ago

Pulled this off yesterday with a tweak to my upper flipper power. Entered me in the “exclusive” one billion club. Let’s see some of those scores from you all!

8DA4CDD4-86C9-432C-A136-1DD0C7828B11 (resized).jpeg8DA4CDD4-86C9-432C-A136-1DD0C7828B11 (resized).jpeg9F1F1AC6-0F8F-4DDA-92EF-B9C3A9A1B273 (resized).png9F1F1AC6-0F8F-4DDA-92EF-B9C3A9A1B273 (resized).png
#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Pulled this off yesterday with a tweak to my upper flipper power. Entered me in the “exclusive” one billion club. Let’s see some of those scores from you all![quoted image][quoted image]

Average score 1 billion...dang..I set a new high score of 859m tonight

#91 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Average score 1 billion...dang..I set a new high score of 859m tonight

You’re getting close though! How did you set it up?

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

You’re getting close though! How did you set it up?

Generally I am getting all the inserts in the first city since i have a hard time finding the scoop. On this game like many I drained before getting much done in second city. I just try to focus on whatever shots are easiest / advance me the most on inserts... This game I got the jet and saucer EB but still only had about one good ball! I have yet to get a really killer bridge/Tesla score that I can get a bunch of annihilation / carnage from.

Interestingly, this score came after my first ever pinball event, pingolf at local league..which was the first time playing a non GZ since I got it a few weeks ago (350 plays). So maybe I need to get out of my house more

#93 1 year ago

Topped one billion for first time last night!

Absolutely have Beyndtstng to thank for it, as I got there trying to follow his advice in this thread and the main tutorial vid on YouTube.

Tips like putting more emphasis on tanks and bridge (though surprisingly my billion last night was with NO bridge!), better understanding of jets and Tesla, doing London second, etc.

Thank you Beyndtstng

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Generally I am getting all the inserts in the first city since i have a hard time finding the scoop. On this game like many I drained before getting much done in second city. I just try to focus on whatever shots are easiest / advance me the most on inserts... This game I got the jet and saucer EB but still only had about one good ball! I have yet to get a really killer bridge/Tesla score that I can get a bunch of annihilation / carnage from.
Interestingly, this score came after my first ever pinball event, pingolf at local league..which was the first time playing a non GZ since I got it a few weeks ago (350 plays). So maybe I need to get out of my house more

Have you thought about using your heat ray and the very start of bridge? This will collect all single jackpots and light the magna post for the two double jackpots. When the balls exits the trough, pull your plunger all the way back to collect the first double. You should get the second double with a ball save. Then shoot the right ramp to collect a few supers. Should come out of it with 50 mil. I try to play Tesla in a mb or stacked with jets. You’re getting close!

#95 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballBJB:

Topped one billion for first time last night!
Absolutely have Beyndtstng to thank for it, as I got there trying to follow his advice in this thread and the main tutorial vid on YouTube.
Tips like putting more emphasis on tanks and bridge (though surprisingly my billion last night was with NO bridge!), better understanding of jets and Tesla, doing London second, etc.
Thank you Beyndtstng

Glad to hear this! Next step is to collect the super in mecha and qualify terror. Easy 200 million even if not played well. Congratulations.

#96 1 year ago

Finally squeaked in my first billion point game! And of course, for the first time, Stern Insider didn't record my score and my achievements. First time fighting King Ghidorah, first saucer multiball, etc. Very exciting game.

signal-2022-07-13-13-54-25-608 (resized).jpgsignal-2022-07-13-13-54-25-608 (resized).jpg
#97 1 year ago

I think people know this but in case not, if you have a good multiball going, especially tank or bridge and have the Anguirus Ally, if you wait until your second to last ball drains, basically as soon as it gets down to 1 ball, then hit the lockdown button immediately to use the ally to add a ball if you want to keep it going and it will add 2 balls.

#98 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I think people know this but in case not, if you have a good multiball going, especially tank or bridge and have the Anguirus Ally, if you wait until your second to last ball drains, basically as soon as it gets down to 1 ball, then hit the lockdown button immediately to use the ally to add a ball if you want to keep it going and it will add 2 balls.

Yes. You can also resurrect bridge and tank mb even when you get down to one ball. You just have to make sure you do so before it shows you the total score with animation. About a 1-2 second grace period.

#99 1 year ago
Quoted from Beyndtstng:

Yes. You can also resurrect bridge and tank mb even when you get down to one ball. You just have to make sure you do so before it shows you the total score with animation. About a 1-2 second grace period.

Yes! Exactly what i was referring to, that you have a one to two second delay where you can resurrect the the multi-ball and then actually it gives you two balls back and not only the one that drained.

#100 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Yes! Exactly what i was referring to, that you have a one to two second delay where you can resurrect the the multi-ball and then actually it gives you two balls back and not only the one that drained.

Mine was slightly different. The game actually recognizes you only have one ball left but still gives you one ball back. If you do it as soon as the ball hits the trough, then the game credits you for two in play and you get two back. Either way we are both playing some more mb!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walton, KY
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Pinball Machine
Mad Pinball Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 232 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-score-a-billion-on-godzilla-and-more/page/2?hl=mapalot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.