Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_2991 (resized).JPG
IMG_2992 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

Hi-

I am also trying to put a Titan Stern Slim rubber on the left sword ramp post. I've tried heating with some lithium grease on the nut, trying to put the rubber on from the threaded end. Twice, one time with a helper holding the heat gun. No luck - 2 rubber posts split.

Can anyone enlighten me further?

-Adam

#8 4 years ago

Thanks for further help, LTG . I still can't get it on. The hex nut is narrower than the floating/sliding washer, so I try from the 10-32 screw side of the post, and the 10-32 part is long enough to make it so you cannot come in at an angle on the nut. My photos below.

I am beginning to think that the flare on top of the post is not intentional, as the manual shows no parts like this with a washer stuck on the top. I think that I can file off the flared metal, then slip on sleeve, then mount Gimli VUK wire form above with 2 washers - one above the sleeve, below the wire form, and one above the wire form, just below the nylon lock nut.

Sorry, I duplicated some info from a post I just made in the LOTR club. Just trying to determine if this flare on the top of the post is intentional, and hope to get a few more eyes see the question in this post. Reference https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-lord-of-the-rings-journey-begins-members-club/page/85#post-4992692

-Adam

IMG_2991 (resized).JPGIMG_2991 (resized).JPGIMG_2992 (resized).JPGIMG_2992 (resized).JPG
#13 4 years ago

Thanks LTG and Pin_Guy for all the help. The post came from left entrance to sword on LOTR. It gets hit a lot, so I'm not surprised at how beat up it is. It *is* #14 in the LOTR manual, #10-32 bottom thread, #6-32 top thread (530-5332-01). I filed off the flared metal at top and removed the washer, making it easier to add the stern slim post rubber.

For now, I swapped it with the same post that's in good condition because it was hidden under the sword in a protected area. For later, I'm going to order some replacement hardware for LOTR and Star Wars (Pro) so I don't have to wait or scramble to fix something in the future!
-Adam

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 7.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

10,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Juneau, WI
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life

$ 12.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
$ 39.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Adaminski.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-replace-rubber-posts-on-lotr?tu=Adaminski and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.