• Latest reply 4 years ago by onlydjz
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

cup (resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

Although not a new, clear cup ( do they exist) I have obtained a very nice yellowed one and want to replace my cracked cup. I can’t figure out how to go about doing this repair. Can anyone give me a step by step or at least point me in the right direction for getting this repair done?

#2 5 years ago

for starters, if I recall correctly, you can only remove the cup from the back side of the rear board so you’ll have to either remove the playfield or at least remove it from the hinges.

3 weeks later
#3 5 years ago

I recently removed the cup in my Diner to clean the play field. The cup is screwed to a 90 degree metal bracket that is held by 4 screws onto the back wall of the play field. I rotated the play field up, lifted it out of the hinge mounts and then dropped it on top of the mounts so it sat a little higher and farther forward. With a little mirror I could guide a stubby screwdriver into the 4 screws holding the bracket to the play field and get them out to remove the cup/bracket assembly. Same process to get it back in.

#4 5 years ago

Thanks for the detailed description. I'll give it a try this weekend.

1 year later
#5 4 years ago

bump
How can I pull it from the wood frame? Any advice?

#6 4 years ago
cup (resized).jpgcup (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
New Cumberland, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-replace-diner-coffee-cup?hl=deleenhe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.