• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4130727B-A6B2-494C-9E19-8F456EBCE176 (resized).jpeg
030B0440-85FE-4D16-A34E-AFAE0DC7EDA7 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

I was able to repin the single sided player 1 connector on my Royal Flush Deluxe. How does one repin players 2,3,4 when they are looped over like shown in the picture? Many thanks

030B0440-85FE-4D16-A34E-AFAE0DC7EDA7 (resized).jpeg030B0440-85FE-4D16-A34E-AFAE0DC7EDA7 (resized).jpeg4130727B-A6B2-494C-9E19-8F456EBCE176 (resized).jpeg4130727B-A6B2-494C-9E19-8F456EBCE176 (resized).jpeg
#2 5 years ago

If you can manage to fit both ends of the wire in the pin reliably you'd need to solder short single lengths in or something. But I'd just avoid repinning those if at all possible.

#3 5 years ago

Thanks for that, I guess it’s not vital to have them repinned, however I was getting some lit segments on 2 and 3 when it should’ve stayed dark. Jiggling 2,3 and 4 ‘s wires gets activity on them too. Anybody had experience with repinning this style of connector?

#4 5 years ago

You have to jam both sides into the crimp pin unless you use the same IDC style of connector. It can be done in most cases but you might have to not have the insulation into the connector pin so it's a little less secure but will still work.

#5 5 years ago

Ok thanks guys. Will do.

#6 5 years ago

I generally don't repin system 80 connectors other than on the power supply or if there's a problem somewhere. They don't necessarily *need* to be repinned.

#7 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I generally don't repin system 80 connectors other than on the power supply or if there's a problem somewhere. They don't necessarily *need* to be repinned.

+1 on that. I too re-pin only when and where necessary.

2 years later
#8 3 years ago

I also need to repin these. Anyone got any tips? Hopefully I can fit 2 wires in 1 pin.

#9 3 years ago

Splice the two wires together then solder one wire off the end of the splice and pin that. Think flux capacitor.

#10 3 years ago

Haha ok that makes sense. What size wire should I use for it?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from kimbleseven:

Haha ok that makes sense. What size wire should I use for it?

18 gauge should be fine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-repin-this-gtb-sys-80?hl=slochar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.