(Topic ID: 180845)

How to repair chip in playfield - when you have the chip

By fnosm

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I got a chip on my Full Throttle playfield when one of the motorcycle wheels lowered without me noticing creating a straight edge for the ball to slam into. The good news is I found the chip. I have been told to just use super glue to reattach the chip to the playfield.
    The chip is pretty small about 1/8" x 1/8" and it is paint only, no wood attached. I am hoping for better instructions than just super glue it.
    Like, what kind of super glue works best, how much to use, should I paint the super glue over the chip and surroundings?
    What to hold and position the chip with when gluing it.
    Any other suggestions like how to keep it from chipping again (mylar?) are welcomed as well.

#2 7 years ago

Carefully super glue it back on, cover it with a small piece if mylar to protect the repair.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-repair-chip-in-playfield-when-you-have-the-chip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.