(Topic ID: 150952)

How to remove Williams' playfield from the pivot system?

By Nepi23

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Strohz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I am trying to remove my Indiana Jones' playfield and I have disconnected all the connections,
but how in earth can one remove the playfield and get it away from the pivot system? I think
I would need pictures on how to do this! I've heard that some "jaws should be opened to do this",
but I don't seem to understand to which piece this refers to.

Thank you for any info!

#2 8 years ago

Pull the playfield forward just enough so the rear wood panel clears the rear playfield glass channel, and lift the whole playfield straight up and out of the cabinet while its still horizontal. 2 people makes it easier, and it also helps to remove the backbox pivot bolts and plastic trim piece for more clearance inside the cab. You mainly need to not have the latches engage that allow the playfield to lock into the vertical service position

#3 8 years ago

If the playfield is pulled all the way forward and resting on the front panel of the cabinet, push it back, about a foot, the raise the front of the playfield up toward the top of the backbox. It will slide down onto the wood blocks. The lift it until it's vertical, might have to pull the bottom forward. Then lift straight up to remove.

#4 8 years ago

So it is just a matter on how to pull it off from the cabinet. And nothing needs to be opened? Great. There should be a youtube-video on how to do this

#5 8 years ago

There were quite a few good tips in this thread, including videos. I thought hanging it from the ceiling was genius:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-do-you-remove-a-playfield#post-2640700

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

12,500 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-remove-williams-playfield-from-the-pivot-system and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.