Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TaylorVA
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2015-01-02 15.52.27.jpg

#1 4 years ago

I couldn't find an answer on this one, but let me know if this is a dup.

I am wanting to remove the entire playfield from my TOTAN, so I can work on the cabinet, but can't quite figure out how to release the playfield from the cabinet.

Do I need to remove the bolts holding the hinge that the playfield attaches to, or is there a way to release the playfield without having to remove the hinge? If I do have to remove the hinge, how do I remove it without dropping the playfield into the cabinet?

2015-01-02 15.52.27.jpg
#2 4 years ago

be careful needs to be lifted out properly or will rash the inner cab on a side and drop in. someone here will chime in but I believe both sides need to be unhinged at a time with help while lifting out

#3 4 years ago

Wait, I think I'm starting to see how it work... Do I just need to push on the triangular lever, and pull it right out? Is it really that simple?

Quoted from rollinover:

be careful needs to be lifted out properly or will rash the inner cab on a side and drop in. someone here will chime in but I believe both sides need to be unhinged at a time with help while lifting out

Yep I can tell that the pf is freakin' heavy, I have someone here to help me lift it out. I guess I'll lay the pf on its side once it's out?

#4 4 years ago

Get the playfield back in the neutral position or the installed position. Now lift it up without sliding it forward or towards you. When you have the playfield at about an 75 degree incline pull it straight up from the cabinet so the triangles clear the back of the two pins.

#5 4 years ago

I posted this a while ago.

#6 4 years ago

I always put pfs straight up in the air or on a rotisserie once out

#7 4 years ago

The method taylorva posted is by far the best way to remove a playfield, and I feel so stupid for never thinking of that.

#8 4 years ago

If you remove the legs you can pull it out yourself.

#9 4 years ago

I am a big fan of Taylor's method if you have a way to attach your playfield from say ceiling beams. Then, you can remove the playfield by removing the hinges dropping the cabinet. I have never tried doing it without removing the hinges so I am not sure if you can leave the hinges on and then lift the cabinet so the top hinges clear the top of the triangle, then move the cabinet forward and drop it.

Removing the hinges can be a pain because the bolts and nuts have thread lock compound. If you are going to work on the cabinet, it's probably something you will need to do anyway.

If you don't have beams, have someone help you. As RingMaster said, when the playfield is in the neutral/installed/play position, it lies on the top hinge, but above the tip of the triangle so you can lift it straight up.

5 months later
#10 4 years ago

Removing TWD playfield to put in the side art.

I assume two people, one on either side and go straight up then let rest on the front part of the playfield? Easier to remove all the legs first so it is easier to lift?

Thanks

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

Removing TWD playfield to put in the side art.
I assume two people, one on either side and go straight up then let rest on the front part of the playfield? Easier to remove all the legs first so it is easier to lift?
Thanks

If you have on the ground with the legs off it will be much easier to lift out but not necessary. You can slide some butcher paper down the sides so as to not scratch up the sides if worried about. Just make sure everything is disconnected and you have a proper place to set the playfield down once it is out. Good luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside