Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pinthetic
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Just got a RBION and the Idol magnet has raised about a 1/10 inch from the pf and mushroomed out. I want to replace the magnet with a new one and make it flush with the pf. However, because of how it's worn, just popping out the entire magnet mechanism from under the pf is not possible. I was hoping to use a flat head screw driver and just wind the magnet up through the top of the pf, but with all my force, I can't budge that screw. Any ideas on what to do?

Loosen the nut first. The nut is 1-1/8 inch if I recall correctly.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Man, I tried to get this nut off at first and it wouldn't budge. I'll give it a bit more pain today and see if it moves.

I use a socket wrench. The problem is most people don't have a 1-1/8 inch socket wrench.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from LilRocky:

Nut came right off with 1 1/8th bit for the socket wrench and didn't use any heat. Now that the nuts off, I went back to trying to budge the core, and still nothing. This is pretty damn annoying as I'm just doing damage to the core's slit when I try to turn a screw driver in it. If I use heat, are there chances of me damaging the magnet?

It may help to have a giant sized screwdriver. The larger the head the easier it is to turn without stripping the magnet core slot.
Also, just for clarity (you probably know this already), you need to turn the screwdriver clockwise to drive the core out of the top of the playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-remove-a-mushroomed-magnet?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.