(Topic ID: 66462)

How to receive instant e-mail notifications for thread updates?

By jasonbar

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

060908_sz_24monitors.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Howdy-

I think I'm missing something obvious...
    Where is the setting to receive an e-mail notification when somebody posts in a thread in which I've posted or a thread that I've bookmarked as a favorite?
    I do receive instant e-mail notifications when somebody PMs me, but never on a thread update.

Thanks,
    -Jason

#2 10 years ago

as far as i know, there isn't any

#3 10 years ago

Nothing built into Pinside itself. I think you can make an RSS feed for a specific topic, but I am unsure exactly what an RSS feed does.

#4 10 years ago

Jason, I will follow every post you make for every thread and immediately text you when a new post comes in. Will that work for you?

060908_sz_24monitors.jpg060908_sz_24monitors.jpg

#5 10 years ago

it would be a feature that i would like to see added as well...

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Jason, I will follow every post you make for every thread and immediately text you when a new post comes in. Will that work for you?

060908_sz_24monitors.jpg 40 KB

Awesome system there Centerflank, Is how you keep tabs on the Mrs. and Pinside?

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from Darcy:

Awesome system there Centerflank, Is how you keep tabs on the Mrs. and Pinside?

Nothing gets past me on here, I actually havent been to work in about 137 days now.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Nothing gets past me on here, I actually havent been to work in about 137 days now.

Liar you posted a view of your office last week.

#9 10 years ago

Thanks, centerflank. Should I post my personal e-mail address here so everybody can have it & mail me when there's something posted that's of interest to me? :]

I too don't grasp RSS. I guess I haven't ever seen a forum that doesn't do e-mail notifications for posts in threads in which I've participated. I guess I need to make a script to hit ctrl-R on my browser every 5 minutes to see if there are new posts in my favorites! :]

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from jasonbar:

I too don't grasp RSS.

Take a look at http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/rss/profile/jasonbar. This is your personal RSS feed based on the topics you have added to your favorites.

I use this along with RSS2Email (http://www.allthingsrss.com/rss2email/) to do what you're asking for. It's not the easiest thing to set up, but it gets the job done. I agree, it would be nice if it was built in to Pinside.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

it would be a feature that i would like to see added as well...

Ditto

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-receive-instant-e-mail-notifications-for-thread-updates and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.