47%
  • No 4 votes
    21%
  • Too cheap! WTF 6 votes
    32%

(19 votes)

#1 3 months ago

Hi all,
I am wondering is there is a way to reach local operators to support during the quarantine for rentals. I know there is a Beatles and JP machines around me that I could rent to support.
-A

#2 3 months ago

I know a few guys near me renting out MMr and MBr for $60 a week. I have 4 games on location, but dont plan to rent out any pins

#3 3 months ago
Quoted from Arcmeka:

I am wondering is there is a way to reach local operators

Internet search for Amusement Operators in your area.

Then check manufacturer websites for distributors in your area. Call them for contacts.

LTG : )

#4 3 months ago

you might be able to find someone but depending on your location it may be currently illegal to for a business to deliver and maintain machines at the moment.

as a small hobby operator i rented out a couple before non-essential businesses were ordered to stop operations and have had several requests since, but i've decided in the interest of not only complying with the government order but also to minimize my own potential exposure that i will not be renting out any more games. sad, since i several in storage and it'd be nice to have some income while all my locations are shut down, but i don't see that the risk is worth it.

#5 3 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Internet search for Amusement Operators in your area.
Then check manufacturer websites for distributors in your area. Call them for contacts.
LTG : )

Thanks, I'll get it a try.

#6 3 months ago
Quoted from mc300baud:

you might be able to find someone but depending on your location it may be currently illegal to for a business to deliver and maintain machines at the moment.
as a small hobby operator i rented out a couple before non-essential businesses were ordered to stop operations and have had several requests since, but i've decided in the interest of not only complying with the government order but also to minimize my own potential exposure that i will not be renting out any more games. sad, since i several in storage and it'd be nice to have some income while all my locations are shut down, but i don't see that the risk is worth it.

Hopefully in the coming weeks we see some easing into those guidelines to allow for business to do rentals. Also moving forward it really is a great way for machines to be in people's home without the large upfront investment. I hope machine rentals becomes a thing.

#7 3 months ago

I’d definitely be interested in renting a game or two down the road or even possibly temporary trades with another person. I’m sure moving damage is a huge concern for either party so something would have to be arranged there. I know I would treat another persons game as if it were mine and hopefully they would also respect my game the same way.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Trade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside