(Topic ID: 248557)

How To Raise The Bottom Panel With One Hand?

By icanswim70

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

As the name suggests, you can imagine the challenge of learning the repair game as is, throw in trying to adapt everything to do with one hand, and I think it's safe to say it makes for some interesting mods!

I feel like I've done pretty well (In the last few months I've learned expontentially and now regret posting my Sure Shot Forum as I taught myself what needs to be looked at in each area of the EM Repair game, and what to look for!)

Back to business, I figured out how to clean, disassemble, reassemble, adjust, and change most components with one hand. What I haven't been able to successfully adapt is lifting the bottom panel out of the machine, as it's narrow and can be a challenge for someone with two hands at the best of times.

I feel like thousands of brains work better than my half lol, so if anyone has any ideas on this I'd be extremely interested in hearing them.

Note: I've thought about using rope and tying it off underneath the cabinet, but i'm not convinced the cabinet can support that kind of pressure.

Cheers!

#2 4 years ago

Not certain on exactly what you're after here, but perhaps a chain hoist would help?

Slow and steady, up or down.

#3 4 years ago

You need expert advice from someone with a lot of practice working with one hand (mostly while holding a magazine in the other).

Anybody?

#4 4 years ago

Modified engine hoist would be my suggestion.

#5 4 years ago

Id put a c clamp in the spot between the flippers with a 1 foot piece of wood attached to make a handle that stuck out past the playfield that you could grab and pivot with 1 hand. Good luck!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-raise-the-bottom-box-with-one-hand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.