9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by m00dawg
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider m00dawg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I've had my machine close to a year now and I'm still trying to solve this Is there any way to help silence the chatter or rattle heard when launching the ball? The launch ramp is rattling against the warm factor return ramp and I can't seem to ever adjust it where that doesn't happen. It only shows up after the machine has been on for an hour or two (so when I first power it on the ramp is nearly silent). So for normal use it's ok, but when I we have folks over or do a tournament it can get annoying.

I did some digging on the forums and found this to silence rattle of the glass:

http://pinballpro.net/shop/anti-rattle-tape-ar-1/

But I don't have that exact problem - it seems to be the ramps vibrating against the ramps. Curious what folks use that isn't unsightly?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4 9 years ago

Mine used to touch the glass too actually I was able to lower it so that doesn't happen, but yeah the delta ramp return is right under it. It's weird that it doesn't do it when it's "cold" since it seems like they're always touching regardless.

So for yours you shifted the delta ramp over so the bottom/tops of the habitrails no longer touched? I'm kinda afraid to adjust mine since the screw the connects the Delta to the left side of the launch ramp was sketch the last time I tried to adjust it.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

I had the same rattle but it was the launch ramp touching the glass. The tolerance is tiny because the launch ramp sits up so high.To lower it, just loosen the screw where the habitrail crosses over itself, push the habitrail slightly towards the front of the machine and re-tighten the screw. That may fix your noise.

Yep I've been able to keep it from hitting the glass. Maybe I over did it though and that's what it's rattling on the other habitrail? It's weird because it's never a problem until the game has been on for a couple of hours. I wouldn't think the metal would expand that much to cause the issue only after it's warm. I have LEDs on everything except the canons as well so I wouldn't think it would be getting nearly as hot in there as it used to.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 63.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 9.95
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Sanford, NC
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 599.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods
Toppers
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider m00dawg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-quiet-sttng-ball-launch-rattle?tu=m00dawg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.