New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 150153)

How to pull pins out of a row of pins to work on them

By Joker2Wild

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 64 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by herg
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Escalera_Lift_1_(resized).JPG
    2016-01-24_10-44-23_(resized).jpg
    14536491001899239977_(resized).jpg
    IMG_1861_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    IMGA0391[1]_(resized).JPG
    IMGA0390[1]_(resized).JPG
    Magic_Sliders_(resized).jpg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago

I use the same ones as mustang paul from home depot then take the foam off and use pin footies from pinball life instead of the foam. Together thay are sturdy and slide real easy on my thick carpet that has a thick pad.
    Because of the plush carpet the pinfooties alone don't slide well enough for me and the plastic ones just bend and break on their own but together that are perfect.

#52 4 years ago

I have been using the Marco EZglide leg levelers for years and highly recommend them on hard surfaces. Especially when your games are in a tight row with less then 1" between the heads like mine.

2016-01-24_10-44-23_(resized).jpg

I also have a hydraulic lift table too from before but now all I use it for is to level and adjust the pitch on my games.

#53 4 years ago

This is how I do it

Escalera_Lift_1_(resized).JPG

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Others work okay but don't like to stay completely on with nudging and moving.

The ones I posted pictures of from Home Depot do. The game settles into the rubber and the plastic bottoms are nice and thick and won't cup on a loop carpet, deep pile I'm not to sure about.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

I use the same ones as mustang paul from home depot then take the foam off and use pin footies from pinball life instead of the foam. Together thay are sturdy and slide real easy on my thick carpet that has a thick pad.
    Because of the plush carpet the pinfooties alone don't slide well enough for me and the plastic ones just bend and break on their own but together that are perfect.

Well that answered my question.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I get on all fours, crawl under any lift up slightly with my back, sliding the game straight out. The turtle method is great for you and chiropractor recommended

The good ole turtle method. That's me.

#57 4 years ago

I have fake (laminate) hard wood floors, and I have rubber feet on the legs so they don't slide around. When I need to slide one out or move it, I just put a small piece of cardboard under each leg, but that method probably wouldn't work on carpet.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from floyd1977:

I have fake (laminate) hard wood floors, and I have rubber feet on the legs so they don't slide around. When I need to slide one out or move it, I just put a small piece of cardboard under each leg, but that method probably wouldn't work on carpet.

I use a sheet of cardboard to slide entire games around on carpet and laminate floors (when the games are up on end). I imagine your method would work on carpet as well.

#59 4 years ago

I have a set for larger carpet slides that I use to move the games around, the smaller one I have on usually slide, but the big ones slide more easily and I feel like won't damage the carpet and pad as much as smaller ones.

I considered a hydraulic lift, but I didn't feel like modifying a handle, and someone else told me they are prone to oil leaks in the hydraulics, which would damage the carpet signficantly.

My two cents.

#60 4 years ago

I have these on all my pins on a shag carpet floor. I can grab them by the front and slide them out no problem.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/LL25-EZG

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I get on all fours, crawl under any lift up slightly with my back, sliding the game straight out. The turtle method is great for you and chiropractor recommended

Ha ha, that sounds so funny how you worded that, but that's exactly what I do. It's faster than trying to use pinball scates when the pin is against the wall.

#62 4 years ago

Turtle method

#63 4 years ago

I use the turtle method when leveling a game.

#64 4 years ago

I was using the turtle method to level a game a couple days ago, and my 4 year old, in shock, asked "How did you do that?" I told him I just pushed up with my back a little. He said, "I can't reach. My arms are too short."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Cobra Amusements
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Tools
    PinShield
    $ 75.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Led
    B & K Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D Tech. Pinball Parts
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 122.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    $ 17.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside