(Topic ID: 114491)

How to proceed: an incomplete trade with a dealer?

By Radius

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by yzfguy
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ellismeme.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Nearly 4 years ago, on R.G.P, I offered a CPAP & BiPAP machine in trade for pinball parts. Got several interested emails, responded, and eventually came to a trade agreement between myself and a prominent member of the pinball community.

Shipped him my BiPAP machine in March of 2011. Got no acknowledgement, other than the confirmation of delivery from the USPS. Finally I asked if he'd received it, which he had.

Over the next 3+ years I made numerous, and repeated attempts to get him to complete his side of the deal, resulting in claims of having not received my message, of my not responding to his message, but which never merited his reaching out to me, in an effort to complete the trade. Now, four years from the beginning of this exercise in frustration, when I again contact him, he claims he shipped his part of the deal, over a year earlier, without so much as letting me know it was on the way, and apparently, with no form of tracking/delivery confirmation.

My assertion is this begs credibility, in this day and age, when even the most basic of shipments are tracked, especially as this individual is an active tech and dealer in the pinball community. Also, I would think, with it taking so long to complete a trade, one would make an effort to track/confirm and/or let someone know that they had made good on their part of a deal.

So, I come here, as I do not see that I've another resource, and I do wish people to know that not everyone merits the sterling part of some people's reputation.

I do appreciate any constructive thoughts/suggestions.

Ray~

#2 6 years ago

ellismeme.jpg

#3 6 years ago

Ray, you are hosed.

Call the guy out.

If there are no tracking numbers, nothing was ever sent. (my bff did that to me all the time 20 years ago. Dude, did you send that out yet? Because you are one day away UPS. OK then, whats the tracking #?)

#4 6 years ago

Sorry about this situation.

Love seeing a humboldt guy on here. I spent most of my life up there and go back at least twice a year.

#5 6 years ago

cpap and bipap machines are prescription only items. its against federal law to sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to someone else. just saying...

#6 6 years ago

Tron- Yes, it is beautiful here, and still some of the best foods. Moved back here from the Bay Area, and am just getting things set to be in a position to work on my machines again, at least I hope so.

Had hoped that there would be an agreeable resolution- I'm very well acquainted with less positive sides of human nature, but optimism still hangs on. No getting around it, I realize that I have been taken, and yet I still feel bad about needing call him out.

It was -name and e-mail address removed-

Post edited by moderator: Please do not post names, contact info and personal info on Pinside.

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Radius:

No getting around it, I realize that I have been taken, and yet I still feel bad about needing call him out.

It was -name and e-mail address removed-

I wonder what he would say if you met him at Pin-A-Gogo?

#8 6 years ago

so i guess making the thread to get a reaction from him didnt work? my view. 4 years means problem has expired, you left it too late.... draw line, step over, move on with life..

#9 6 years ago

Rob has had his hands full recently. You could have called him out three years ago.

#10 6 years ago

Yup you waited too long. Live and learn, sometimes it hurts.

#11 6 years ago

I was wondering how someone could sleep at night after ripping someone off like that.....then I googled CPAP and found out it's the machine that helps out people suffering from sleep apnea. The perfect crime!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    SIlverball In Play
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    ArcadeArts
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Decals
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The Art of Pinball
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 22.50
    Magazines/books
    Pinball Magazine
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet Parts
    Troxel Repair
    $ 150.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 25.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Loop Combo Pinball
    $ 269.99
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 6.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 119.99
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    $ 209.99
    $ 29.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside