View topic image gallery

winger (resized).jpg
50685952_932590373613112_526755065722044416_n (resized).jpg
50862991_2225258197761762_3651611307074912256_n (resized).jpg
48926326_549686515547596_5834505392767369216_n (resized).jpg
50720484_385821228659588_3051753625937248256_n (resized).jpg
48419723_348824005901612_863015627353227264_n (resized).jpg
49501673_295202537804713_1969757085247733760_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 5 years ago

I got to play one of those at Louisville Expo a couple years ago. It's a really fun game: you need to be accurate off the right flippers or you're going to get screwed... a lot of thought went into that layout. Well worth resurrecting.

@loumatt is a very knowledgable GamePlan enthusiast, you should reach out to him for advice.

#50 5 years ago

You really should keep it for a little while.

And to everyone else, I'll stand up and vouch you're a reasonable guy: you held a mint original Firepower backglass for me while you were in Chicago and I was trying to send my family by proxy to pick it up. (I still have that BTW, it's going nowhere).

But back to keeping it: I've seen your rate of churn on games. Everything from projects to A-list keepers. I know it's just your MO. But this is a ONE of TEN: when are you ever going to get another?

Everything else comes and goes; whatever else you have, you can probably get again. So free space with the others, then see what "better than sitting in a basement" love you can give this Global Warfare. 1 of 10. You just said yourself, the bones are solid and you have other GP parts. I happen to know GP experts about an hour away who could probably help (not that I want to speak for them, but what are the odds?)... so it sounds like you're the guy to fix it.

At least give it a shot after a years' pursuit! If following an honest effort you then decide "eh... I'm out" then so be it. We've all been there. But it seems like you're maybe rushing just a bit too quick and risking seller's remorse for a quick buck. (And if you DID get it fixed, well it could only be worth more then right? And you could claim status as having fixed a 1-of-10 which would be even cooler cred to have in my book...)

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

As no one seems to have played one

Hey, I vouched for gameplay back on page 1!

Seriously though, I thought it was fun. I liked the sounds and it was reasonably quick. The one at the show had just been made working but was having some issues, and ultimately went down after a day. Still, I liked the gameplay enough to keep going back, I played it about 4 or 5 times.

What I recall is marveling at how that "safe" looking layout - just one outlane on the left and none on right! - was a trap. That pop bumper is set to totally screw you right down that left outlane, especially since the spinner lane could only be hit with a well-timed shot off the tip of the lower right flipper: too late and you're into pop death, too soon and you rebound off the post STDM. You can't trap the ball to line shot becuase the upper flipper opens an outlane right behind the lower flipper, so I was constantly having to battle speed and timing on the fly.

Then the drop banks: GLOBAL was again timed off the lower right and upper left, but the "AL" from the upper left risks the pop nest and that between-flipper out. FARE was off that upper left flipper which was fed by the spinner shot or perhaps a luck pop rebound...

...it was a really fun game in the contemporary 80's style, that kept me on my toes and coming back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goingincirclez.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-price-super-rare-game-plan-global-warfare-proto?tu=goingincirclez and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.