View topic image gallery

winger (resized).jpg
50685952_932590373613112_526755065722044416_n (resized).jpg
50862991_2225258197761762_3651611307074912256_n (resized).jpg
48926326_549686515547596_5834505392767369216_n (resized).jpg
50720484_385821228659588_3051753625937248256_n (resized).jpg
48419723_348824005901612_863015627353227264_n (resized).jpg
49501673_295202537804713_1969757085247733760_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#39 5 years ago

Keep it for a while. If it's really a space issue, sell something else, or put something else in storage. Play the crap out of it and if you don't like it, then sell it. At least that way you can honestly say it wasn't for you and it's time to move on.

Not trying to be a dick or anything, but as a casual observer I think you're missing the point. You've been chasing this game for a year. You finally get it. And less than a day goes by and you're talking about selling it. That says flipper to me. Just as an outsider looking in, mind you.

That said, the previous owner agreed to a price and you paid him. It's your game and you have every right to do whatever you want with it. TNT it off a building if you want to. I just know that if you'd been hounding me for this game for a year and I finally gave in and sold it to you, I know how I'd feel if I found out you sold it the next day. Again, not trying to be a dick, just trying to help you understand how the previous owner could be hurt by this.

Pricewise, I don't know where to put it. Cyclopes and Brenna's Quicksilver both sold for $5K. Not as rare, but certainly desirable games. This one? Who knows. Not many people have played it. I played it at Expo, but it was not set up properly and didn't play well. A 1 of 10 game and I walked away after one game. I think I would start at $5-6K and see what kind of interest you get. On ebay, the rarity alone would certainly get people to throw stupid money at it.

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

I'm a hobbiest. When I think of flipper, I think of something completely different. I'm not a business - I'm a dude who enjoys the hunt of the find, playing, and fixing them. I chased this game because I knew it was an oddity, and it was stashed away in a rinky-dink basement (as pictured in my original post) getting absolutely no love. I'm more of a modern guy, so while I love the provenance, I rather trade this or sell this to help fund a more recent game. Call me whatever you want - I disagree and that's fine.

That's exactly my point. I've seen your activity here long enough to know that you're not a flipper. I was only stating how this is seen by other people not in the know, possibly even the previous owner.

I mean, c'mon, 1 in 10? How could you NOT set this thing up and play it?

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think Cyclopes and Andromeda were getting the higher prices they are now until people starting hyping them and bringing them to shows in the last couple years.

I blame @schudel5. He is the reason, after all, I'm building a Cyclopes from a populated parts playfield.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

This is my bad. That was the first time having that game out of the collection and to a show. It lasted prob like 2 hours before I had to start working on it, and never got it fully working again there. Also the reason why I put it in the Vendor room instead of the "free play room", as I knew it would be lucky if it made it the entire weekend I brought it to the Louisville show a couple times. Last year it stayed up till Sat evening, which I thought was a huge success!!

Yeah that was too bad, I was really excited when I first saw it. By the time I had a chance to play it, it wasn't working. Then when it was back up and running, as you said it wasn't fully working. I can't remember now what was wrong, only that something wasn't right which took the fun out of it. I sure admired it a lot, though, and I'd love to see it again someday.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 98.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-price-super-rare-game-plan-global-warfare-proto?tu=dothedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.