View topic image gallery

winger (resized).jpg
50685952_932590373613112_526755065722044416_n (resized).jpg
50862991_2225258197761762_3651611307074912256_n (resized).jpg
48926326_549686515547596_5834505392767369216_n (resized).jpg
50720484_385821228659588_3051753625937248256_n (resized).jpg
48419723_348824005901612_863015627353227264_n (resized).jpg
49501673_295202537804713_1969757085247733760_n (resized).jpg
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Didn’t you just work out a price to buy it off someone who knew how rare it is?
Why all the confusion? You just set the price when you bought it.
How much text can people possibly write about how to price it when you JUST priced it?
What am I missing?

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

I can tell you that I have a lot more into it than the prices you would be interested in.

I don't doubt it.

It's odd - when people buy machines, they are so concerned about it working/not working. I of course care about working condition when I'm paying top dollar, but everything can be repaired. It's the cosmetics that are most concerning to me, especially the playfield, and of course the game being complete, which this one is (as parts would be impossible to find). I have other game plan machines that I can use as guides or even use parts to get it up and running, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I'm the same. I've bought games in half parted out states and slowly went through the process of hunting for parts and reassembling them. It doesn't scare me too much. But, that also means my spending threshold on the base game is lower. As long as the cosmetics are in good condition, it doesn't matter if it flips or not if the price is right.

Repairs aren't always cost effective even if they can be done. The MPU and the battery damage tends to be a big problem area of game plan games, and can sometimes be time consuming or expensive to address.

If it was missing parts, you could potentially manufacture or cobble together what was missing, but again, the issue of cost effective repairs comes into play. Though, not that it really matters too much on a truly rare game like this. Some people will spare no expense.

#53 5 years ago

If you actually want to sell it locally, just shoot me a PM.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

How much text can people possibly write about how to price it when you JUST priced it?
What am I missing?

Good point.

Maybe it's to see how much meat is left on the bone?

#55 5 years ago

Behind the Stern/Bally favorites of this era, I do think Game Plan games are next in line for love. Look at Andromeda and Cyclopes and the prices they are fetching. Then the games like Loch Ness Monster which you alluded to, which is fetching crazy, crazy amounts (more than any Stern/Bally).

Look at sharpshooter I or II. Not high numbers and equally not high prices. Rare != desirable. It needs a hook of some sort. There has to be a story to it, great art, a game that was well ahead of its time but doomed. For most this is an unheard of prototype that never made it past the cutting room floor. Saying gameplan are next in line for love is just you talking it up. If they are due for love it doesn't matter. What matters is where they are today, not where they might be in two years.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

What matters is where they are today, not where they might be in two years.

I don't think Cyclopes and Andromeda were getting the higher prices they are now until people starting hyping them and bringing them to shows in the last couple years. Now that more people are interested in them, they can fetch a bit more than before.

#57 5 years ago

There is a piece of the puzzle missing that may take longer to track down if at all... it is one of X of 10 known made that still exist. It’s the “last X of 10 known to still exist” factor that would determine ultimate rarity and worth, again though, how are you going to track down the other nine, and how do you still put a price on that unless it is offered for private sale via auction or silent bids? I like the $3K figure but only because it sounds reasonable. Even ultra rare or popular machines have an upper limit... This is no NIB TBL... it is a nice piece of pinball history worth more than a system 11 A title to somebody, maybe more to the right person. Good luck either way you go.

#58 5 years ago

Very nice find indeed! Now find a Bally Star Ship and let’s do a package deal with that, the WPC95 Jackbot & the Global Warfare!!!

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I don't think Cyclopes and Andromeda were getting the higher prices they are now until people starting hyping them and bringing them to shows in the last couple years.

I blame @schudel5. He is the reason, after all, I'm building a Cyclopes from a populated parts playfield.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Look at sharpshooter I or II. Not high numbers and equally not high prices. Rare != desirable. It needs a hook of some sort. There has to be a story to it, great art, a game that was well ahead of its time but doomed. For most this is an unheard of prototype that never made it past the cutting room floor. Saying gameplan are next in line for love is just you talking it up. If they are due for love it doesn't matter. What matters is where they are today, not where they might be in two years.

If it was working and had decent sounds/music/code, I would guess $5-6k to a handful of people that have really large collections and chase rarity.

Non-working, $3-4k. As no one seems to have played one, there is no guarantee that it has any music/sounds/code at all even when working.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballj:

This is my bad. That was the first time having that game out of the collection and to a show. It lasted prob like 2 hours before I had to start working on it, and never got it fully working again there. Also the reason why I put it in the Vendor room instead of the "free play room", as I knew it would be lucky if it made it the entire weekend I brought it to the Louisville show a couple times. Last year it stayed up till Sat evening, which I thought was a huge success!!

Yeah that was too bad, I was really excited when I first saw it. By the time I had a chance to play it, it wasn't working. Then when it was back up and running, as you said it wasn't fully working. I can't remember now what was wrong, only that something wasn't right which took the fun out of it. I sure admired it a lot, though, and I'd love to see it again someday.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

As no one seems to have played one

Hey, I vouched for gameplay back on page 1!

Seriously though, I thought it was fun. I liked the sounds and it was reasonably quick. The one at the show had just been made working but was having some issues, and ultimately went down after a day. Still, I liked the gameplay enough to keep going back, I played it about 4 or 5 times.

What I recall is marveling at how that "safe" looking layout - just one outlane on the left and none on right! - was a trap. That pop bumper is set to totally screw you right down that left outlane, especially since the spinner lane could only be hit with a well-timed shot off the tip of the lower right flipper: too late and you're into pop death, too soon and you rebound off the post STDM. You can't trap the ball to line shot becuase the upper flipper opens an outlane right behind the lower flipper, so I was constantly having to battle speed and timing on the fly.

Then the drop banks: GLOBAL was again timed off the lower right and upper left, but the "AL" from the upper left risks the pop nest and that between-flipper out. FARE was off that upper left flipper which was fed by the spinner shot or perhaps a luck pop rebound...

...it was a really fun game in the contemporary 80's style, that kept me on my toes and coming back.

#63 5 years ago

Take more pictures to upload to IPDB!
.................David Marston

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from dmarston:

Take more pictures to upload to IPDB!
.................David Marston

I sent some a while back and they were never added.

#65 5 years ago

Have you come up with a number yet?

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Have you come up with a number yet?

No, not yet. Thinking about keeping it for awhile and getting it 100%. There's an added complexity of me being in Cincinnati and the game in Chicago, so I'm not sure when I can get to it.

P.S: Hope you are enjoying the Banzai run. That's one that I miss and regret selling

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sell it to Banger is my vote.

Yeah, so that way I can play it.

#68 5 years ago

I'm confident I can get it working for you but I can't travel to Chicago.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I'm confident I can get it working for you but I can't travel to Chicago.

I can most likely bring it back to Cincinnati whenever I can get there. I have 4 other machines that I need to transport back, too. I will keep you updated, but I doubt it will be in during Q1 2019.

#70 5 years ago

. I move machines in and out pretty frequently, and am in the middle of a move so looking to trim down the collection.

looking to trim the collection, of a game you acquired yesterday. That's not trimming the collection, that's flipping. if you were thinning the herd you wouldn't have bought the game yesterday. You had no intention of keeping this game. That being said there's nothing wrong with flipping games. people just get pissy they aren't the ones coming out ahead. do what everyone here does, ask at least a grand over what you think its worth then take the offer you like.

#71 5 years ago

If you need to know all of the details, I bought this game in a package and am keeping the other game. It's not as rare and frankly, I don't collect the oddities which is why I am selling this game.

Picked up yesterday, but I've been after this machine for over a year. Not sure what you are getting at?

which is it, you been after this game for a year, or it's just a throw in you didn't want?

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

which is it, you been after this game for a year, or it's just a throw in you didn't want?

Please read the thread before posting. I’m moving and have less room. I’m putting up a number of games for sale to see which ones sell first as I rather not throw them in storage for an unbeknownst amount of time. There seems to be more drama on Pinside than daytime TV these days.

Also, this is not a for sale ad. This thread was intended to discuss value and how to sell a game without a history or record of price.

#73 5 years ago

You are allowed to buy and sell games
You are allowed to sell games for more, or much more than you paid
You are allowed to buy a game in the morning and sell it for a profit by lunch
You are allowed to do all this, please get off your soap boxes.
#flippingisnotacrime

#74 5 years ago

I'm a hobbyist. When I think of flipper, I think of something completely different. I'm not a business - I'm a dude who enjoys the hunt of the find, playing, trading, buying, selling, and fixing them. I chased this game because I knew it was an oddity, and it was stashed away in a rinky-dink basement (as pictured in my original post) getting absolutely no love. I'm more of a modern guy, so while I love the provenance, I rather trade this or sell this to help fund a more recent game. I have no issue putting this in a storage unit, but for some reason, that seems even worse than selling or trading? Call me whatever you want - I disagree and that's fine.

Your doing nothing wrong, you and I are quite the same actually when it comes to hunting games, fixing them, playing them etc. there isn’t one seller on here that has sold a game for less than they bought it for at some point. Good luck with your sale, I would do the same thing!

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

If Cyclopes can get over 5k, I would think this would be at least 7500...

The Cyclopes that sold for $5200.00 was a working, playing game. Everything was working and working well. It needed shopped and cleaned up. I don't remember what the op told me at the time but when he brought it in I think he told me it had been living in one house for the last 20 years.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBallPeteFromSD:

Great find. We could use one at the Museum of Pinball in Banning CA. We do not have this title. I will let the owner know to keep an eye out for when you go to sell it.
Don't worry about the pinside haters, they are a waste of time.

Like everybody else here, I have been busy building my small collection of pins and have them locked away for my private enjoyment. I have had a few people over to enjoy them, but I am not the great entertainer so they are pretty much hidden.

If a pin like this were to find its way to an open museum a lot of people could have a chance to enjoy it.

#77 5 years ago

Jesus Christ, read the thread before posting. I’m moving and have less room. I’m putting up a number of games for sale to see which ones sell first as I rather not throw them in storage for an unbeknownst amount of time. There seems to be more drama on Pinside than daytime TV these days.
Also, this is not a for sale ad. This thread was intended to discuss value and how to sell a game without a history or record of price.

I read it all before posting, you've chased it for a year and want to sell it in a day. Read what I actually wrote, there's nothing wrong with doing that. Just don't expect people to like it when you look to flip games.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

I blame schudel5. He is the reason, after all, I'm building a Cyclopes from a populated parts playfield.

And you can also blame Mike for the increased interest and cost of Williams Ringer.

Brad

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Williams Ringer.

LOL, say that 5 times fast...

winger (resized).jpgwinger (resized).jpg
#80 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

What am I missing?

This ^^^^^^^^

#81 5 years ago

The obscure/rare pinball market is not in my knowledge base. I paid what the seller thought was fair, so that price was determined by only two people. Is the Mr. Pinball price guide that most people reference only a culmination of 1 sale for each game? If I buy a garbage whitewater off of a collector for $8K, does that make it worth $8K?

#82 5 years ago

The obscure/rare pinball market is not in my knowledge base. I paid what the seller thought was fair, so that price was determined by only two people. Is the Mr. Pinball price guide that most people reference only a culmination of 1 sale for each game? If I buy a garbage whitewater off of a collector for $8K, does that make it worth $8K?

Didnt that say 5k 2 minutes ago??

10k by 1pm!

#83 5 years ago

I don’t see why all the fuss over determining the price. This is all a moot point since I discovered... wait, what I meant to say was “This will be a moot point once I discover time travel...” But yes it did say 5K...

The obscure/rare pinball market is not in my knowledge base. I paid what the seller thought was fair, so that price was determined by only two people. Is the Mr. Pinball price guide that most people reference only a culmination of 1 sale for each game? If I buy a garbage whitewater off of a collector for $5K, does that make it worth $5K?

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

I read it all before posting, you've chased it for a year and want to sell it in a day. Read what I actually wrote, there's nothing wrong with doing that. Just don't expect people to like it when you look to flip games.

He didn't ask people to like him, he just asked for opinions.

Seriously people, channel that negative energy somewhere else.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

10k by 1pm!

I was afraid that people would argue 5K for a garbage whitewater is 'market value.' I should stop second guessing myself, as well as keep responding to comments on here.

#86 5 years ago

I was afraid that people would argue 5K for a garbage whitewater is 'market value.' I should stop second guessing myself, as well as keep responding to comments on here.

If you really want to sell it then put up a for sale ad and just put that you are taking offers. There is no other way to go about it. Real collectors of oddball games can set the price. These idiots that keep trashing you are cheap bastards that want a deal and have no idea what they are talking about. The value isn't set on this game yet. Your sale will be the standard.

#87 5 years ago

I thought 5k for a garbage WH2O was about right... I hate that machine... and if you sold me one for $5k, I would be tempted to gut the cabinet and toss it in the dumpster, yes THAT is how much I hate playing Whitewater in tournament. Never bothered me when I payed to play it back in the day, but I just heavy sigh every time I see it in our league tournament lineup. I mean “garbage” could meen anything from a warped lost wood wreck to a roached out dumpster queen, not sure, but $5k would be pretty steep for either.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

10k by 1pm!

Gosh, I know why your username sounds familiar. Looking at your history, you were the one trying re-sell a Menards toy for a 2x profit.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/animated-afm-topper-at-expo

I start a thread asking the value and how to sell an oddball game with no history and get flack from you, while you try and resell a $89 toy for $199 to the community. Seems appropriate that you are the one who called me a flipper.

#89 5 years ago

Gosh, I know why you name sounds familiar. Looking at your history, you were the one trying re-sell a Menards toy for a 2x profit.
I start a thread asking the value and how to sell an oddball game with no history and get flack from you, while you try and resell a $89 toy for $199 to the community. Seems appropriate that you are the one who called me a flipper.

As I have said dozens of times in the past - if you research the guys giving you a bunch of shit they are typically the same guys that do what they are accusing you of. Bottom line is you asked a simple question and yet several days later you have gotten very few answers and a lot of BS which seems to be typical here on Pinside.

I have learned to accept this or don't waste you time posting here. As with most other forums about 5 to 10% of the people cause 90% of the problems & drama. Just learn to ignore them and all is fine.

#90 5 years ago

Gosh, I know why your username sounds familiar. Looking at your history, you were the one trying re-sell a Menards toy for a 2x profit.

Shit - I paid $150 each AT EXPO and was hoping to get some beer money from one. They were spotted at Menard's 3 weeks later if you look back at that post. Never did sell it. Hope you have better luck with your game.

I also recall apologizing yesterday if I jumped to a conclusion on your game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 179.99
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-price-super-rare-game-plan-global-warfare-proto/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.