Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DutchTommy
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

After getting hold of a Tron LE recently I was very eager to set it up... so out went WH2O and in came Tron... a truly stunning game!

After playing it for a while I feel I'm struggling... My understanding is that the main aim is to get to the portal, which means lighting the central column of lights... the most difficult of which seems to be GEM... this requires a very tight shot from the upper flipper to the right inner loop... it's so tight that it's rare that I make it... the right target in front of the left ramp seems way too low, obscuring the balls passage to this GEM shot... What I find I'm doing, therefore, is purely aiming to get GEM lit... it seems in doing that that all the other lights get lit with no effort... and the chances are that by the time I get GEM, then I've almost got everything else by accident... and then starts Sea of Simulation... and what's the first shot you have to make? Yep, GEM!! I've been trying to get GEM for the entire game, and now, when I finally get to where I want to be, I have to shoot GEM again... Typically I fail and loose the ball, so then we're back getting the column lights, and more GEM shots... maybe I'm just very bad at the cross playfield shots, ar maybe I'm playing this game wrong... But to be honest it's making me think I made a mistake buying this game... I want to like it, I want to keep it... Help me someone!

I've had the exact same issue, and I think any owner of Tron has as well.

The Gem shot is hard. Too hard imo. I spent several days playing Tron and doing nothing but practicing the Gem shot. It helped some, I got better at it. But..it is still difficult and can make for a frustrating experience.

It does suck when the only thing that you care about or are concentrating on is that single shot!

I've tried the ricochet method that others mention. It can work, but frankly it works less than just hitting it with the upper left flipper.

8 months later
#44 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Yeah,
Practice, practice, practice...
Seriously though,
If you can get your right ramp timing down no matter what the ball speed is, GEM will become that much easier to complete.
In a perfect world my first plunge would be right ramp, loop through pops, right ramp, loop through pops (again), right ramp and then slam it into the arcade for a nice EOL bonus. Then, I drop the bank, go for Quorra while trying for GEM (finishing off P-U-N-K, if that shot is too late), finish D-A-F-T and then collect the extra ball while simultaneously starting at least Quorra and possibly Lightcycle Multi at the same time.
Regardless of HOW you play, TRON is a great machine that still gets me amped after all of these months of ownership.
When you are on point, it makes for one hell of a ride.

Word.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-play-tron?tu=robt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.