Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 52 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DutchTommy
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

After getting hold of a Tron LE recently I was very eager to set it up... so out went WH2O and in came Tron... a truly stunning game!

After playing it for a while I feel I'm struggling... My understanding is that the main aim is to get to the portal, which means lighting the central column of lights... the most difficult of which seems to be GEM... this requires a very tight shot from the upper flipper to the right inner loop... it's so tight that it's rare that I make it... the right target in front of the left ramp seems way too low, obscuring the balls passage to this GEM shot... What I find I'm doing, therefore, is purely aiming to get GEM lit... it seems in doing that that all the other lights get lit with no effort... and the chances are that by the time I get GEM, then I've almost got everything else by accident... and then starts Sea of Simulation... and what's the first shot you have to make? Yep, GEM!! I've been trying to get GEM for the entire game, and now, when I finally get to where I want to be, I have to shoot GEM again... Typically I fail and loose the ball, so then we're back getting the column lights, and more GEM shots... maybe I'm just very bad at the cross playfield shots, ar maybe I'm playing this game wrong... But to be honest it's making me think I made a mistake buying this game... I want to like it, I want to keep it... Help me someone!

#4 12 years ago

Thanks for that, it was an intersting read, and it will certainly effect how I play the game!! I do think, however, that the difficulty in making the right inner loop will still dominate the strategy needed to get to the Portal... Do other Tron players find this shot incredibly difficult? If only the 'U' target of ZUSE was a bit further back it would open up the shot and ballance out the game...

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

So while in Quorra keep hitting the center bank for the add-a-balls and then the center bank will drop when no more are available giving you easier access to the Gem/Super Jackpot shot.

Thanks, I picked this up in the writeup pinmike sent the link to also... but I don't find the 3-bank in front of the disk is in the way of the right inner loop anyway... what's in the way is the 'U' of ZUSE... from what I can gather...

I'll try getting to the Daft Punk multiball too It that the one also known as 'black multiball', or is that something else?

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from ARTMAN:

If you stand over the left side of your game and look at that shot you'll see that three bank is blocking it. The Zuse target would be an obstacle but I think you'll find you'll be shooting it further down on the flipper so it doesn't really get in the way. The shot is easiest when it's a slow rolling ball.

I'm itching to get the glass off and put a straight edge from the flipper contact point required to make the shot (assuming a slow ball) and the left of the ball entry... just to see what's really in the way on mine

I've only heard of black multiball... apparently it's when all the lights go out except the ramp lights (therefore only possible on the LE model)... is this what happens in DP multiball? If so, then this is what I'd heard as 'black miultiball'...

Understood re the slow rolling ball... the ball will be lower down the flipper to make the shot, and therefore the ball path will be lower at the offending obsticals... Having the flipper a bit lower would also help... I wonder how much adjustment there is on the flipper without drilling the bush hole in the playfield... or maybe I could drill it just a bit bigger

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from emo:

Stop moaning and play better haahaa

I will try harder sir...

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

When the T-R-O-N targets are down, the rubber behind it makes for an excellent slingshot.

Good tip, have noticed this accidental GEM shot myself...

After a few 1000 games the 'U' of ZUSE target should be hammered back enough to make the shot a bit easier too... hang on, I've just had an idea... now where's that hammer!?

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from darkmiss:

Can't you change something in the software to make GEM easier?

This goes against the grain for me... for some reason I prefer to change something in the hardware

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballslave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-play-tron?tu=pinballslave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.