Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Ricand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FixSimpson.JPG

#1 9 years ago

I'm messing with a POS Simpsons pin. Is there any screening material out there that would replicate the paint 'dots'? I used a micrometer and figured this is approximately a 44 line screen. The picture is a sample of the paint I'm trying to fix. I'd like to be able to hold a line screen stencil on it and hit it with an airbrush to approximate the dots. Anybody know a source of a screen stencil? I couldn't locate a screen printing material at 44 lines.

FixSimpson.JPG

#2 9 years ago

Old pair of nylons or panty hoe's. You can strech them some to change the hole size. It's a airbrushing trick to get that effect.

#3 9 years ago

I've thought about this before also - at one point I was going to make a silk screen using UV reactive emulsion and just print out the line screen then burn it to a screen and airbrush that - instead of screen printing so you can just do small section

Its a bit of work but might be one solution.

#4 9 years ago

I would go to a local T-shirt or sign print shop and see if they have any screens that have the same pattern size you need. They may possibly have a damaged or old screen lying around that you could use a piece of.

Line up the holes in the screen and Tape it on with masking tape, then you can use paint markers or any other permanent type marker to touch it up.

Thats what I would do first anyway. I googled screens for screen printing and they aren't cheap, so Getting a damaged or trash one would be the cheapest possibly free option.

#5 9 years ago

Yeah, I googled it a bunch and couldn't find anything in 44 line range. I'll try the t shirt shop idea. if I discover anything exciting I'll let you know. Thanks all, for your input.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 21.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside