(Topic ID: 67637)

How to not be discouraged in this market?

By ardvark666

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

raven.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Man this market is brutal. These prices are cray. It's gonna burst. Shit even if it doesn't, I'll just wait until the zombie apocalypse and steal some machines. I'm safe from zombies. 2k for a T2 no thank you. It's back to hookers and blow for a while.

#2 5 years ago
    Quoted from ardvark666:

It's gonna burst..

Nope. People been talking about this nonsense for years and it hasn't happened. Simple supply and demand. More people getting into the 'hobby' than machines available.

#3 5 years ago

Thank God we finally have a price thread to discuss this.

#4 5 years ago

Sucker born every minute I suppose.

#5 5 years ago

Guess you should sell your Xenon before the bubble pops

#6 5 years ago

Fine. If you must have it. 3200 it's a huo, le, with the limited editon 24k ramp.

#7 5 years ago

I will sell you my BSD for $4,500 (in addition to your HUO LE Xenon).

#8 5 years ago

In 2 weeks that might be a bargain. Damn. I'll throw my harley in with the Xenon. That machine is too sassy for me anyway.

#9 5 years ago

Just keep your eyes open for bargains. They don't pop up as much anymore - restored/repaired games from collectors will always be more than projects from non-pinball people. Just be patient and you'll find a game for a good price - but you'll have to put the time & work into it to make it nice.

#10 5 years ago

Yeah. I'm from jersey though. We are an impatient breed. I was told that the silverball museum has like a monthly pass thing tho. That my satiate my needs. Rather than drive 20 min tho I prefer to break my own. Bust out the fluke and make things spark.

#11 5 years ago

There are plenty of excellent games decently priced... in the US or in France.
    I am very happy with my Stargate and WPT (both reasonably cheap). Add a Black Hole, one Bally from the 80's (in addition to your Xenon), an EM for a change, and you will end up with an enjoyable lineup costing perhaps less than a Stern LE or MMR...

#12 5 years ago

Price just went up to $5,700 plus your Xenon & Harley. This machine is AWESOME.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from ardvark666:

Fine. If you must have it. 3200 it's a huo, le, with the limited editon 24k ramp.

Pics or it didn't happen

#14 5 years ago

jlm33, you would have to use my holy grail pin as your example. I can't find a Stargate within driving distance (I'd go 500 miles easy) for sale at all. Some day........hopefully.

I don't know any way not to be bummed out that you now have to pay double for the same entertainment you could get just a couple of years ago. I will say that if prices get to the point where B and C titles are reaching the 2K mark, this hobby will price itself out of many young and new players range. Just my opinion of course and what do I know.
    Cheers!

#15 5 years ago

There's plenty of stuff out there that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. You just have to be willing to work on it yourself and have patience while looking. So many of the high prices are "I want it NOW" price... just relax, the machines have been around for 10/20/30/40+ years and aren't going anywhere.

#16 5 years ago

Get an existing MM. From what I've been reading they are basically free.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from ardvark666:

Man this market is brutal. These prices are cray. It's gonna burst. Shit even if it doesn't, I'll just wait until the zombie apocalypse and steal some machines. I'm safe from zombies. 2k for a T2 no thank you. It's back to hookers and blow for a while.

Don't sell your machine.

F the impending Pinball Depression.

You'll have nowhere safe to hide you blow Bro.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from RustyLizard:

Thank God we finally have a price thread to discuss this.

you get a lot of thumbs up for comments like these. I'm jelly.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from Chrizg:

People been talking about this nonsense for years and it hasn't happened. Simple supply and demand. More people getting into the 'hobby' than machines available.

It USE TO to be said that the price for a Medieval Madness will only go up for the same reason. It's simple, they said with great authority, supply and demand. Then the unimaginable happened and the market produced more. Suddenly the price dropped overnight.

If this whole remake saga has taught us anything it's that supply can increase and at some point demand will decrease as well.

Don't ever believe that pinball is somehow different than any other collectible market. It's enjoying a resurgence now but this too will change. And maybe quite suddenly.

#20 5 years ago

Don't forget that the MM remake was supposed to have happened many years ago from Wayno.

Had he followed through, the price would have never climbed into the stratosphere in the first place.

A remake of the most loved pinball machine of all time is not a new idea.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A remake of the most loved pinball machine of all time is not a new idea.

Raven fans will be glad to hear this.

LTG : )

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from rplante:

It USED to be said that the price for a Medieval Madness will only go up for the same reason. It's simple, they said with great authority, supply and demand. Then the unimaginable happened and the market produced more. Suddenly the price dropped overnight.
    If this whole remake saga has taught us anything it's that supply can increase and at some point demand will decrease as well.
    Don't ever believe that pinball is somehow different than any other collectible market. It's enjoying a resurgence now but this too will change. And maybe quite suddenly.

Classic example of supply and demand? Sounds like the great authority voices were right.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from rplante:

It USED to be said that the price for a Medieval Madness will only go up for the same reason. It's simple, they said with great authority, supply and demand. Then the unimaginable happened and the market produced more. Suddenly the price dropped overnight.

They only went down in your mind. Please post the fire sale prices that are verified. Wishful thinking.

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Raven fans will be glad to hear this.
    LTG : )

Huh?

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

They only went down in your mind. Please post the fire sale prices that are verified. Wishful thinking.

Well I stand corrected. Apparently the price for a MM has been unaffected by the remake.

Thanks for setting me straight.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from JosiahCox:

jlm33, you would have to use my holy grail pin as your example. I can't find a Stargate within driving distance (I'd go 500 miles easy) for sale at all. Some day........hopefully.

If you want to go 750 miles there is a Stargate in Reno for $1700. I think it is listed in a thread here somewhere.

#27 5 years ago

Man. You go and have a fine thread and it never fails, someone Medieval Madnesses all over it. I'm calling for a 1 week ban on any reference to that title at all. Also, I was only kidding on the hookers and blow. I gave them up for Lent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 254.99
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    € 4.99
    Flipper Parts
    Multigame
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 229.99
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 180.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Customs
    $ 2,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 159.99
    $ 9,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 12.50
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 14.95
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside