(Topic ID: 573)

How to mount LOTR figurines....

By ChrisJK

14 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 14 years ago

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to mount the LOTR figurines on the new LOTR pinball. The plastics on this machine do NOT have pre-drilled holes like the original machine. I really do not want to drill holes in the plastics nor use super glue to hold the figurines on. Some kind of double-sided tape perhaps? Just taking suggestions here. Thank you.

#2 14 years ago

Id be tempted to make the figures permanent with some nice holes for wire ties or maybe order some plastic sets from the previous version if possible.

#3 14 years ago

Chris, you just have to buy the plastic set at pinbits.com (in the LOTR category)
You will not have to drill holes in any plastics.

#4 14 years ago

You know those hangar things 3M sells where you can stick them on the wall and then just pull and peel them off ?? They have to make that kind of "tape" as well. They advertise them all the time as never leaving a mark etc.

My other idea is tiny rare earth neodymium magnets. These are super super strong. You've seen them on Mythbusters. You could imbed or attach one to each figure and the just use another one on the other side of the plastic. This would also let you move things around when you wanted a different look.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/science/770f/

#5 14 years ago

I bet that if you put the figures in you'll never want to remove them. Plus, badly mounted mods/figures will always come loose and fall on your playfield during some monster game when you are just about to break the Grand Champion score.

In other words, make sure you mount the figures right without any change that they'll fall of!

An extra plastic set would be a good idea. Then you can keep your current plastics and drill holes in the new one (or maybe the new set will have pre-drilled holes).

#6 14 years ago

When you don't want to drill holes in the plastics maybe you can drill them in the figures.
I have 2 Figures ( A warrior and Wizard) in my D&D and drilled a hole in the foot of the figures and put them on top of a nut.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 39.50
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 41.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 12.95
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-mount-lotr-figurines and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.