(Topic ID: 82871)

How to Master Xmen?

By Deyanks98

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deyanks98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I know there's many pinball wizards in this group so I'm looking for some expert advice on how to complete all the Villains and Xmen. I've had this pin for about a month and I've been playing non stop, but man this pin kicks my butt. I had Tron for about 6 months and finally made it to Portal, but Xmen seems a lot harder to me. I don't mess around with default settings in the menu either, but I'm open to any suggestions on what strategies you guys use. Also how do you defeat Wolverine as it seems like a ton of shots to complete the Weapon X mode? I've hit the red arrows a ton when in that mode, but it doesn't seem like I'm progressing on it. Thanks.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

Follow the faster blinks arrows on Wolverine. Then shoot Wolverine. Repeat until the three center shots are bulking. Hit a combination of two of them and then wolverine. Mode is complete. Now do it again for more points and another +3 multiplier.

Great thanks. Sounds relatively easy. Lol.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

If you haven't seen them yet Deyanks, I've made some rules breakdowns of all the past XM updates. The base strategy and mode workings have pretty much been the same since v1.24, so check out that thread of mine of 1.24 rules for the broad strokes on the modes, and then each release after that I made another thread to notate the changes between the updates. It's a lot of reading, but it's well worth it.
As far as general strategy, Eskaybee is correct in that the Clops-> Storm combo is the integral base to successful scores. Get that Clops shot down and the game opens up. Next priority goes to Xavier's shot, then iceman/Phoenix at a tie for priority.
Try to save Weapon X Multiball for when you can stack it with a villain mode, preferably Sentinels or Sabertooth

Great thanks I'll definitely check out your past posts. I've gotten the Cyclops - Storm combo down pretty good. For some reason Xavier gives me a problem, but all the others I'm pretty solid at.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Rcade:

Here's the link to the "base" rules of 1.24. Please note that the scoring talked about and some things might have been changed since 1.24 was released, but it'll give you hpthe basic ideas and points to the mode shots.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rcades-x-men-v12415-rule-breakdowns

Great thanks I'll read through all of this. I appreciate the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Coos Bay, OR
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clinton, OH
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Deyanks98.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-master-xmen?tu=Deyanks98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.