Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by halflip87
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

Why would you want to make a pin more challenging? There are many reasons to up the brutal on a machine:
    1. 6 digit and too easy to roll
    2. Make the game better for league play
    3. Cut down on play times
    4. Improve your save skills

This thread should have generic and specific ideas, settings and rules.

I'll start with a generic idea from @alwaysrockin777: Alcohol plays a big part. Now it's hard to mandate consumption but too many can make a game much harder.

I know some people like long play times but this is bad for league play.

So have at it, what are your ideas?

#2 7 years ago

Here's specific tips for Bally Viking:
    1. Tune the saucer to shoot straight down the middle requiring a saving move.
    2. Tight Tilt
    3. Remove the large rubbers from the outlane and use post rubbers to make saves harder.

#10 7 years ago

One of the games we play at league is Swords of Fury and some players have started to do to well at it (long ball times too).

Some of the things done: Lightning flipper on the upper.
    Remove the rubber from the inlane post.

But it remains a long playing game.

Here's one thing I'd like to try: tighten up the sling switches. The ball slides past the left sling when coming down from the upper playfield. Sensitive slings would put you in jeopardy and take to focus off of the upper playfield as a source of easy points.

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from alwaysrockin777:

7.5 degrees on classic Stern SS machines. Crazy fast.

It still gets rolled though!

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from Redknight87:

On a serious note, have you tried glo balls and installing super bands on the flippers?

interesting thought. Do they play like powerball?

#17 7 years ago

some great suggestions here. What about game specific settings that influence gameplay?

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

No EB
    No BS
    Open outlanes
    That was how Main street Mayhem worked last year. They didn't even adjust the steepness. It worked great.
    I was amused by the complaints from people about no ball save. I'm a novice but I didn't have any trouble because I reminded myself every time. Most players, even the really good ones, would forget and lose their ball.
    If your league players get used to that then it's probably time to swap games out.

I really like the simplicity of this approach.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheddar.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-make-a-pin-more-challenging-to-play?tu=cheddar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.