Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by halflip87
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carycarmichael.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 7 years ago

This is a great topic!

Here is my formula for making games more difficult:

- Set game specific rules to hard (or in some cases easy - I set Last Crusade on IJ08 to easy, as you get locked into that mode).
    - Reduce time to complete modes, re-light MB, etc.
    - Turn off Ball Save.
    - Turn off Exta Ball.
    - Turn off additional ball save features, like the pop up post on Harley Davidson or Family Guy.
    - Widen outlanes.
    - Align flips slightly lower. I may investigate different coil stops to allow for proper resting-flip alignment, but less travel, and therefore less ability to trap, if possible.
    - Tighten tilt.
    - Adjust Kicks and Pops to be more sensitive.
    - Install 23/64" black rubbers on inlane posts - less up bounce at outlanes.
    - Remove inlane post rubbers on some games. I have Sopranos and Dirty Harry this way.
    - On center posts I either remove the rubber, or install a black 23/64". I don't remove the post, though.
    - I've put lightning flippers on games that shouldn't have them. I did this on Batman Dark Knight.
    - Install regular white rubber on kickers.
    - Install Titan rings on all single post applications. If above outlanes then more down bounce.
    - Install SuperBand rings in multi-post ring applications. If above outlanes more down bounce.
    - Install SuperBand post sleeves where applicable - huge rebound in my experience, very punishing for missed shots.
    - Use regular flipper rubber. Red and yellow are my most used. I think these make trapping harder, but that may also be an incorrect opinion on my part - I was told that black rubbers may be more difficult, but I ain't cleaning up after that crap.
    - I haven't tried this on my EMs, but I heard folks use to replace stock pop bumpers with the next-following generation pops, so that they are more powerful. I'm not sure if this is actually doable, or smart, but it sounds interesting.
    - Clean and Wax.

My decision for Titan or SuperBand rings is also to limit maintenance, as they should last longer than regular rubber. I don't mind rotating and changing Flipper or Kicker rubbers more frequently, and I prefer the feeling of these over Titans or SuperBands in these applications.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider carycarmichael.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-make-a-pin-more-challenging-to-play?tu=carycarmichael and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.