New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 265240)

How to Lower default H.S.T.D

By Gorgar666

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by DanQverymuch
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 months ago

How do I navigate the 2 buttons on a DE Starwars. Adjust “Lower” the Sooo...High default High Scores....PITA....I can’t enter my initials...default is like 100 billion...Damn.

#2 7 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

How do I navigate the 2 buttons on a DE Starwars. Adjust “Lower” the Sooo...High default High Scores....PITA....I can’t enter my initials...default is like 100 billion...Damn.

Play better?

#3 7 months ago

Lol, 100 billion?

#4 7 months ago

looks like the manual shows how to reset HSTD https://www.ipdb.org/files/2358/Data_East_1992_Star_Wars_Manual.pdf

#5 7 months ago

Yes, resets to defaults( which are extremely high). Need to Manually lower the defaults...

#6 7 months ago
Quoted from Gorgar666:

Need to Manually lower the defaults...

I don't know if you can on a Data East game.

On Williams DMD games you could.

Go to H.S.T.D. stuff. Lower them in those settings. Escape diagnostics. Then hit the high score reset button on the coin door. That should reset it to the changed defaults.

LTG : )

#7 7 months ago

The defaults are stored in adjustments 24 through 29.

Then use adjustment 12 to load these new backup scores, otherwise nothing will happen until High Score Reset occurs after so many games. Or use the button like Lloyd says.

See manual page 18.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
PinSound
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 50.00
Wanted
4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saukville, WI
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside