(Topic ID: 145069)

How to keep dogs off

By SuaSponte275

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Doggie_playing_fireball.jpg
    Doggie_does_pinball.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I'll be buying a Pin for the first time soon. I have a German Shepherd and was wondering what people did to keep the pets off the machine, besides the obvious don't let them in the room. I'm thinking some plastic gates around it. Looking for some ideas. Thanks

#2 8 years ago

Does your dog jump on every surface? How do you keep it off the counter and kitchen table?

My dog like to sit under one, but has never tried to jump on one.

#3 8 years ago

Easy. I train mine.

#4 8 years ago

My Springer Spaniels have eaten the subwoofer wires quite a few times. I wrapped them in loom and rubbed a bar of soap on it....didn't work. Next , I went to Pet Supermarket and bought "fooey". Some disgusting spray that is super bitter...it worked. No more chewed up wires. Do not use keyless locks on your coindoors. One of my dogs opened up my NF coindoor with his paw, stuck his head in and took out some new plastic protectors I got from laserrific , and a small motorcyle. Chewed up the motorcycle, and left the plastic protectors , as they laid to flat to the tile floor to be picked up.

#5 8 years ago

Spray a bunch of cat, dog, and deer urine on all your other furniture. Your dogs will avoid your pinball machines entirely.

#6 8 years ago

I kick mine in the nuts.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Easy. I train mine.

Ha, trained or not, all it takes is one time for a dogs nails to run down the side. German Shepherds love jumping. Mines very well trained but like most Shepherds very curious. I don't forsee an issue but rather safe than sorry.

#8 8 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

I kick mine in the nuts.

Warning! Personal attack.We need a Moderator.lol

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Does your dog jump on every surface? How do you keep it off the counter and kitchen table?
    My dog like to sit under one, but has never tried to jump on one.

No she doesn't but it's happened. I figure she'll be chilling on my feet. I'll probably throw up a baby gate on one side and close to the wall on the other.

#10 8 years ago

If you cut the ground prong off the plug you might get a nice shock going through the side rails.

Any old timers want to agree

#11 8 years ago

I think your best option is to use the pinball-armor on your machines when you are done playing. But, a bit worried about the weight of a German Shepard jumping on the glass.

#12 8 years ago

Same way you keep your wife off the machine - buy a theme they don't like.

#13 8 years ago

Bad Cats?

#14 8 years ago

Just get him a chair to sit on so he can play along like our dog does.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, MI
    269-979-3836

Doggie_does_pinball.jpgDoggie_does_pinball.jpg

Doggie_playing_fireball.jpgDoggie_playing_fireball.jpg

#15 8 years ago

You gave your dog a Fireball home edition? I'm calling the ASPCA on you.

#16 8 years ago

So the main difference between dogs and cats is that dogs are trainable and give a crap if you're unhappy with them. Why not learn to train your dog properly so you don't have to put up ridiculous fencing around your pinball? Any dog that's jumping on a pinball machine is a completely out of control animal that needs severe training.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from FrankJ:

Easy. I train mine.

This & this... so hard

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

You gave your dog a Fireball home edition? I'm calling the ASPCA on you.

Well said!!

#19 8 years ago

Its only an issue when there are new people around and the dog gets excited. I have to tell people to move away from the machines or the dog will jump on them. Other than that, they know not to jump on things.
    Cats...that is a whole different story. Good luck training a cat, they do what they want to.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

So the main difference between dogs and cats is that dogs are trainable and give a crap if you're unhappy with them. Why not learn to train your dog properly so you don't have to put up ridiculous fencing around your pinball? Any dog that's jumping on a pinball machine is a completely out of control animal that needs severe training.

Get the shock collar out and super glue that button down like I'm constantly preaching

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from Riptor:

Cats...that is a whole different story. Good luck training a cat, they do what they want to.

Agreed and all my cats now live outside, looking in the window silently meowing all day - where they should be.

#22 8 years ago

The dog will ignore the pinball machine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-keep-dogs-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.