Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20200217-155850_Gmail_copy_1080x1387 (resized).jpg
    20161009_073048 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atrainn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 4 years ago

I also just attempted to get coverage but was declined. Evidently they don't cover anything that runs on electricity. At least that is what I was told, so pinball would not be covered.

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Odd, I just paid my renewal policy with them Feb 10 and they didn't say anything
    Edit: I just emailed my underwriter at Collect Ins Serv and she confirmed they DO in fact cover pinball machines and other coin op devices. Looks like I'm good to go. Not sure where that other information came from?

It's pretty odd. I followed up and they said pins could be covered, but not arcade games. Initially they declined everything due to them running on electricity... I find the arcade game part odd because I know multiple people insuring their arcade games with collectinsure. At this point I'll probably just increase my personal property coverage under my home owners to make sure I'm covered.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Edit: I just emailed my underwriter at Collect Ins Serv and she confirmed they DO in fact cover pinball machines and other coin op devices. Looks like I'm good to go. Not sure where that other information came from?

I was declined by the underwriter at collectinsure.com after I submitted my application. Initially because they use electricity, then after I linked the various pinside threads they told me they could cover pinball but not arcade games. Maybe I'll try calling someone else there, but given this interaction I imagine any claim I may need to do wouldn't go well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider atrainn.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-insure-pinball-games?tu=atrainn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.