(Topic ID: 329208)

How to install wood playfield post

By JoeJet

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeJet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

Seems simple enough, but trying to install this post 02-4426 #6-32 / #8 SMS

But the post has a plastic sleeve that gets installed with it so a socket wrench / nut driver will run into the plastic sleeve before you can screw the post down. If you keep spinning with no downward pressure the post will just strip the hole!!!!??

What’s the proper way to install this?

Thanks!!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #8 1 year ago

Thanks all. I was doing both, overthinking but also had a real issue. The post I started with was the absolute worst post to start. It’s a Funhouse and a NEW playfield - and for some reason that one post is over the mech underneath with a screw close by, so I was both not having the ability to push it down and at the same time was running into a screw making the hole get stripped!

In other places I redrilled the holes a bit wider and then screw them in with the metal post ALONE then backed it out and screwed it in with the plastic sleeve allowing it to go in easier.

Thanks all - if I run into any other issue will try the other suggestions here but so far the other ones are going in well following the process above.

Ouch:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #10 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sucks when its a small post like this that doesn't cover much....but you'll never see it again

Yep! Learning experience and thank goodness it’s under a plastic. To lock in the clear I threw a washer on it - thanks JJP! .

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #15 1 year ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

oof, yeah that looks bad. Whats the trick to doing it without cracking the clear again? Run a drill bit in reverse to kind of chamfer the hole?

Yes in general but again this happened because I ran into a screw coming from the other side and it started to spin and right at the point where the nut driver was hitting the plastic. Bad luck.

Yes I am going to drop some clear on there also just in case, good idea and yep on another washer.

Amazing coincidence but thankfully in a completely enclosed area.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeJet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-wood-playfield-post?tu=JoeJet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.