New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 261543)

How to install the ball trough cover and ramp cover on Willy Wonka

By Jasontaps

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by LTG
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

rampprotect (resized).JPG
wonkaballtroughfix (resized).jpg
willywonk913.jpg

#1 7 months ago

I just posted a video to Youtube how to install these 2 covers.
Hopefully some of you will find it useful.
Video updated 2/9/2020

willywonk913.jpg

#2 7 months ago

I think the white spacer is suppose to go on the Bottom of the clear plastic not the top. Great video really cool to see someone take the time to help others.

#3 7 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

really cool to see someone take the time to help others.

Yes it is.

LTG : )

#4 7 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I think the white spacer is suppose to go on the Bottom of the clear plastic not the top. Great video really cool to see someone take the time to help others.

Yes. Thanks for taking the time. Great video. I do believe the white spacer goes under the plastic cover.

#5 7 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

the white spacer is suppose to go on the Bottom of the clear plastic

rampprotect (resized).JPGwonkaballtroughfix (resized).jpg
#6 7 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Quoted from 2Fun:

Yes. Thanks for taking the time. Great video. I do believe the white spacer goes under the plastic cover.

Quoted from LTG:

Yes it is.

Thanks guys. It was a fun process. I will correct that one scene and repost with the spacer below the cover.
The first time I loose fitted everything, I put it that way, but the head on the screw seemed like it was going to pop right through the hole of the cover. I really think both screws should have a nylon washer.
I will update the URL once I get it edited.

#7 7 months ago

why are either of them needed?

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

why are either of them needed?

The ramp cover stop balls from flying off the ramp and doing damage such as breaking the Oompa Loompa.
The trough cover stops balls that drain from falling into the cabinet.

#9 7 months ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

The ramp cover stop balls from flying off the ramp and doing damage such as breaking the Oompa Loompa.
The trough cover stops balls that drain from falling into the cabinet.

i didn't realize there was a trough issue. So balls actually fall out of that spot and into the cabinet? Weird.
what about if a piece of rubber comes off or something else (screw, etc)? Usually when they make their way to bottom of play field they fall into the trough and that is where they fallout safely (where this new trough cover goes), so a piece doesn't get stuck in trough to clog up the balls, yes?

#10 7 months ago

where can these parts be purchased in any event?

#11 7 months ago

where can these parts be purchased in any event?

Open a ticket on the JJP support desk. See if they can help.

i didn't realize there was a trough issue. So balls actually fall out of that spot and into the cabinet?

Can happen.

what about if a piece of rubber comes off or something else (screw, etc)? Usually when they make their way to bottom of play field they fall into the trough and that is where they fallout safely (where this new trough cover goes), so a piece doesn't get stuck in trough to clog up the balls, yes?

Cover is only on the end. Small things would never fall out in that direction, they'd still fall through the V groove in the bottom of the ball trough.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Sale Pending!
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 14.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside