Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

innerart04 (resized).jpg
innerart03 (resized).jpg
innerart02 (resized).jpg
innerart01 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi!
So I know there are some old posts regarding installing the inner art panels/decals, but as Im still a little unsure I thought Id ask here.
I just received a game of thrones pro inner art panel, the official stern one, and have seen some videos of how to install, but to clarify; Is there a difference in installing the Stern ones and for example Pingraffix blades?

On the Stern inner panel, is it just to spray some soapy water on the back, position and it will attach, or do i actually have tip of a thin layer on the back of the panel and then its adhesive beneath?

Thanks!

Mortren

#2 7 years ago

I find the Stern ones to be thicker and of better quality personally.

They are easy to install and you don't need to remove the playfield despite what some other people say. Just make sure you lightly spray the adhesive side with glass cleaner before you apply, that way you have a bit of wriggle room to reposition them. Otherwise the adhesive is really strong and once you put them down they arnt going to come off easily

Cheers

#3 7 years ago

#4 7 years ago

Yeah I started watching that video, I just did not get if he removed something from the back of the panel, or just used the spray on the white backside. it does not feel adhesive, would never get it to stick without it reacting to some liquid as it is?

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Yeah I started watching that video, I just did not get if he removed something from the back of the panel, or just used the spray on the white backside. it does not feel adhesive, would never get it to stick without it reacting to some liquid as it is?

You need to peel off the paper backing to expose the adhesive side, then lightly spray it with windex or soapy water, then apply

#6 7 years ago

Lightly soapy water worked a treat for me. Plenty of wiggle room, no need to remove PF. Just use a spray bottle and don't go TOO heavy, I sprayed mine and then let the excess drip off onto the floor. Just don't forget to go over everything with a cloth afterwards to squeeze out any excess water.

#7 7 years ago

I am about to install blades from stern on gb. By wetting the backs does it make it easier to put the art in place without removing the playfield. I did art on TWD a long time ago and remember it being a pita but I don't believe I wetted it. I was going to remove the playfield or move it up with some supports but if wetting does the trick it would make my life way easier. Thanks, Mike

1 week later
#8 7 years ago

Did this with a friend yesterday. Plugged out 2 connectors and the USB cable, removed the whole playfield and installed the panels. Looks great!

innerart01 (resized).jpginnerart01 (resized).jpg

innerart02 (resized).jpginnerart02 (resized).jpg

innerart03 (resized).jpginnerart03 (resized).jpg

innerart04 (resized).jpginnerart04 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,395.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-stern-inner-art-panel-got and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.