(Topic ID: 30980)

How To Install Shaker Motor into Pirates (PoTC)

By markmon

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_0825_(resized).jpg
IMG_0822_(resized).jpg
IMG_0819_(resized).jpg
IMG_0821_(resized).jpg
IMG_0818_(resized).jpg
ps-solder.jpg
ps-location.jpg
ps-runwires.jpg
ps-ground.jpg
ps-mount.jpg
There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

They now have them in stock for AFM.

#52 7 years ago

Hey Markmon,
Tip of the hat for gratitude on the shaker use info you have provided.

Question: Can the STtTNG shaker be used on:

IJ Pinball Adventure, NGG, GHS2, White Water, NBA Fastbreak, Indy 500, TOTAN, RBION, Nascar, Monopoly, or T3 ??

How can you determine where you can use the STtNG shaker motor?

Big Thanks, Mike

#53 7 years ago

I would like to know on Addams Family, T3, Congo, SWT and LW3 if this will work on any of these?

Thanks

#54 7 years ago

You can use these shakers on many stern data east and williams / bally they hook up to the flasher i have one on a sopranos real easy to hook up red wire goes to the postive side on the flasher black wire is ground blue wire is the trigger goes to the neg side of the flasher im 99.99 percent sure they will work on all pins above

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

I would like to know on Addams Family, T3, Congo, SWT and LW3 if this will work on any of these?
Thanks

I can confirm you use an STTNG motor on Congo. My question is, can you use one of those AFM motors on a POTC?

My other question is, why doesn't Pinbits ever get enough of these things in stock? Seems they'd make a killing on them if they stocked enough.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can confirm you use an STTNG motor on Congo. My question is, can you use one of those AFM motors on a POTC?
My other question is, why doesn't Pinbits ever get enough of these things in stock? Seems they'd make a killing on them if they stocked enough.

Seems like they would, especially since Stern and Cointaker shakers have been as low as 99 bucks, these STTNG and AFM are 250. Seems like if someone made a board that would allow this to be done with either of those shakers they would make a ton off that board as well.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Seems like they would, especially since Stern and Cointaker shakers have been as low as 99 bucks, these STTNG and AFM are 250. Seems like if someone made a board that would allow this to be done with either of those shakers they would make a ton off that board as well.

Exactly. I put a shaker in metallica for a hundred bucks and as much as I would like a shaker in POTC, I will not be paying 250 for one.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes u can use afm shaker for potc

#59 7 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

You can use these shakers on many stern data east and williams / bally they hook up to the flasher i have one on a sopranos real easy to hook up red wire goes to the postive side on the flasher black wire is ground blue wire is the trigger goes to the neg side of the flasher im 99.99 percent sure they will work on all pins above

When you state "positive side of flasher" can you clarify w pictures? Same for "neg side of flashers". I am thinking positive side is upstream side and neg side is downstream side. Wondering pictorially where they are and what that looks like.

BTW: I put one in my STtNG last night and it is fabulous!! Easy peasy install with directions to follow for older goobers like me.

Thanks, Mike

#60 7 years ago

Just got done playing a few games on Dale Jr. with the STtNG shaker from pinbits installed. This was a missing piece for Nascar, the shaker!!! It makes a BIG difference. Easy Peasy install looking close at pics by pinsiders. That's one of the reasons to donate!!!

T3 is next, then RBION?

BTW: Pinbits have the IJ shakers on sale today. Happy Memorial Day weekend!!

#61 7 years ago

Delete

4 months later
#62 7 years ago

Finally got around to installing the STTNG shaker kit into my POTC. Thanks to Markmon for the easy to follow directions. Works great, I'm pretty pleased with it. Now just need to tune the pot to adjust the motor to my liking.

Now to get some LEDs installed into the cannons on the ship. I think I will also wire those to the same flasher to complete the effect.

1 month later
#63 7 years ago

In POTC, when does the shaker motor start up?

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

In POTC, when does the shaker motor start up?

Not. As far as I know. I add a shaker but that is a separate system triggered on the flasher of the ship.

2 years later
#65 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

2 years later and still out of stock. LOL

2 months later
1 year later
#67 3 years ago

After this many years, is there an easier/more tried way of doing a shaker in POTC? Details and links will be appreciated.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

After this many years, is there an easier/more tried way of doing a shaker in POTC? Details and links will be appreciated.

Yes, Pinshakers. I have one in my tspp. I think pinball life sells them, but Pinshakers has a website. Very easy install, plug and play.

3 years later
#69 3 months ago

Wondering who now sells a shaker kit that can be placed on the potc now.
Seems everyone is out or no longer in production - Ex: AFM Shaker kit

#70 3 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Wondering who now sells a shaker kit that can be placed on the potc now.
Seems everyone is out or no longer in production - Ex: AFM Shaker kit

I have seen the same thing and wonder why they just don't made 50 or 100 every so often. Yes they many not sell like hot cakes like they once did. But there are still games out there. Maybe a place like marco will get a batch for them to sell. I just got the pin sound one that's a stand alone for a date east game. I get the desire to make a new flasher one for more newer games.

#71 3 months ago

https://cointaker.com/products/stern-sam-system-shaker-motor
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts-blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/502-5027-00_install.pdf

This seems to be an option for SAM machines, but POTC isn't specifically listed. I think all of these kits worked by sensing the presence of control voltage on one or more of the coils or flashers or motors, so I suspect the kit could be used with a bit of DIY/research. Pinshakers was the most elegant solution at $400, but as you can see on their website, the control board V4 is still available, but the control 'taps' and the cable to connect them to the V4 board interface for SAM are not being produced. (He probably never designed/produced the tap/cable for SAM, and focused only on the tap/cable for WPC and Gottlieb)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 18.00
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 218.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-shaker-motor-into-pirates-potc/page/2?hl=gordonshumway and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.