(Topic ID: 137556)

How to install shaft on WOZ witch motor?

By WesleyCowan

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Hogey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I recently goofed and was trying to adjust the shaft on the witch motor as she wasn't going up and down well. Unfortunately I broke the shaft in the process. My fault. I got a new one yesterday from JJP. I didn't have a lot of time last night but starting looking and I'm unsure how to proceed in actually what I need to do to install this. Basically what and where on the motor do I need to take things apart to do this?

#3 8 years ago

I hate when the witch won't go up and down properly on the shaft.

#4 8 years ago

Maybe your shaft is to short.

#5 8 years ago

Needs more lube, friction will make the witch bind as she moves up and down

#6 8 years ago

If it needs lube added you are not installing it right.

#7 8 years ago

Just did that and hopeful to get an answer later on. I just about had the witch working. In fact she was working correctly sometimes, but wouldn't always. So tried to make a slight bend in the shaft and although I thought I was being careful...yup another "fix" resulted in accidental breakage. Had it when I make a small pinball problem worse.

1 week later
#8 8 years ago

Turned out to be very easy and just involves detaching two screws off of the motor and pushing out the old shaft but making sure the indentation on the new one goes in the right direction. Wasn't hard or time consuming at all.

3 years later
#9 5 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Turned out to be very easy and just involves detaching two screws off of the motor and pushing out the old shaft but making sure the indentation on the new one goes in the right direction. Wasn't hard or time consuming at all.

Thanks for following up, I haven't broken mine yet but the witch isn't going up and down and I'm going to have to tweak it. But going to try and order a new one.

#10 5 years ago

You only need the Motor and the rod. It comes together. It's about 75$ + shipping.

Installation was very easy.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

You only need the Motor and the rod. It comes together. It's about 75$ + shipping.
Installation was very easy.

Perfect, thanks!

#12 5 years ago

Cost is $109 plus shipping for the motor and screw (rod). Just ordered one for a friend of mine..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 91.00
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-shaft-on-woz-witch-motor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.