(Topic ID: 211304)

How to install Psoc 4200 firmware to Open Pinball project?

By Checho

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Checho
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hi guys. I am from Argentina and I need some help.
    I had the last year a customized pinball, "Peter Capusotto y su Pinball". I made over a Judge Dredd and with a P-Roc board. The software was the Mission Pinball Framework, an amazing softaware, completely free. Right now, I want to make a pinball from scratch, with Open Pinball Framework.
    I purchased four Psoc 4200 Cypress board, and I followed the pinballmakers page to install the firmware (http://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php/OPP), but there is something wrong in my installation, because I cannot.
    In a command line, this is the registration:
    C:\Users\Chechinho\Desktop\opp\Python\cyflash>c:\Python27\Python.exe -m cyflash.__main__ --serial COM[COM4] --serial_baudrate 115200 ..\..\Creator\Gen2Images\Gen2.rev0.2.0.0.cyacd
    CyFlash version: 1.07
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "c:\Python27\lib\runpy.py", line 174, in run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
    File "c:\Python27\lib\runpy.py", line 72, in run_code
    exec code in run_globals
    File "C:\Users\Chechinho\Desktop\opp\Python\cyflash\cyflash\__main__.py", line 2, in <module>
    bootload.main()
    File "cyflash\bootload.py", line 229, in main
    session = make_session(args, data.checksum_type)
    File "cyflash\bootload.py", line 88, in make_session
    import serial
    ImportError: No module named serial

C:\Users\Chechinho\Desktop\opp\Python\cyflash>

I appreciate your help. Salutations.

#2 6 years ago

I believe the part where you have --serial COM[COM4] should just be --serial COM4 like so:

c:\Python27\Python.exe -m cyflash.__main__ --serial COM4 --serial_baudrate 115200 ..\..\Creator\Gen2Images\Gen2.rev0.2.0.0.cyacd

#3 6 years ago

Your issue - the missing serial module - is covered in the troubleshooting section of Pinball Makers.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for your help. I proved different things, I changed the baudrate to 115200, I proved at cmd and powershell. Powershell is doing this:
    PS C:\Users\Chechinho\Desktop\opp\Python\cyflash> c:\Python27\Python.exe -m cyflash.__main__ --seri
    al COM4 --serial_baudrate 115200 ..\..\Creator\Gen2Images\Gen2.rev0.2.0.0.cyacd
    Error al ejecutar el programa 'Python.exe': El ejecutable especificado no es una aplicación
    válida para esta plataforma de sistema operativo.En línea: 1 Carácter: 1
    + c:\Python27\Python.exe -m cyflash.__main__ --serial COM4 --serial_bau ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~.
    En línea: 1 Carácter: 1
    + c:\Python27\Python.exe -m cyflash.__main__ --serial COM4 --serial_bau ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: ( [], ApplicationFailedException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NativeCommandFailed

PS C:\Users\Chechinho\Desktop\opp\Python\cyflash>

I am reading the troubleshooting right now, I hope to solve this trouble. Mission Pinball Framework an OPP together are awsome. Thanks for your answers.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks to everybody. It was two problems: python crashed and lack of pyserial.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-psoc-4200-firmware-to-open-pinball-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.