Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by StevenP
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

We recently purchased a pre-loaded USB stick with version updates from Pinball Classics. Online instructions refer to Alpha and Delta updates. Instructions are a little different for each. Does anyone know how to find out which type we have? We have been waiting for a return call from Rob for 3 days.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Tom & Karen

#2 10 years ago

What version did you get? The last full (alpha) update was 1.24. That was followed by 1.25 (a delta) and then the jump to 3.0 (also delta). You need to install 1.24 before installing 3.0 (you can bypass 1.25). Hope this helps.

#3 10 years ago

Turn game off, plug in memory stick. Turn game on. It loads 1.24, about 10 to 15 minutes. It says when it is done, unplug the memory stick. Turn game off, wait 30 seconds or so. Turn back on. Done.

Then with the game on plug in the memory stick, go to Utilities - USB Update, hit enter, screen blacks out for 15 to 30 seconds, comes back on. Unplug memory stick.

Then hit the ENTER button, look at lower right corner of the screen to see if it says 3.0

LTG : )™

#4 10 years ago

Damn. I misunderstood the question. Sorry...but you can always count on Lloyd!!!

#5 10 years ago

Where do we find "utilities"? 1.24 downloaded, we removed memory stick, turned machine off for approx 30 seconds, then turned game back on, plugged in stick, verified 1.24 installed, but screen shows high games scores and nothing about utilities. Sorry, we are not computer savy.
Thanks

#6 10 years ago

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/

At the bottom of the page

Edit:
Oops

Try page 26 on the manual

http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com/downloads/woz/Wizard_of_Oz_Manual_2_2_Oct_2013.pdf

When you go into the menu system it should one of the main options

#7 10 years ago

Thanks so much for your help. 3.0 is now installed, but we are unable to set machine up for free play again. We go to settings, pricing settings, select free play which has defaulted to "no" and now we are stuck. We have checked the manual, bu tit is not shown how to proceed from this point.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from tommypinball:

Thanks so much for your help. 3.0 is now installed, but we are unable to set machine up for free play again. We go to settings, pricing settings, select free play which has defaulted to "no" and now we are stuck. We have checked the manual, bu tit is not shown how to proceed from this point.

Go to Settings - Pricing - Stop on free play - hit the enter button, then the NO is highlighted, then hit the + diagnostic button to change it to Yes, the - to no, then hit Enter again to stop the highlight. Exit out.

You are on Free Play.

#9 10 years ago

We have hit the + button, but the highlighted "no" does not change to yes.

#10 10 years ago

We have hit the + button, but the highlighted "no" does not change to yes.

Go to Tests - Switches - Dedicated, then push the + and - diagnostic buttons, see if they work there.

#11 10 years ago

Very sorry I somehow missed your call Tom. It's been a very busy weekend with service calls and the MGC.

When you select the "No" press the enter button so that "No" is surrounded by a gray box, then you can use the "+" to change to "Yes".

--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#12 10 years ago

Rob, thanks for the response. When we select the "No" and highlight it then press the "+" button nothing happens. No "blip" sound as we hear when we press the "-" button either. Tried Lloyd's suggestion as well, but only options that light up are in second row return #5 J602-2 & return #7 J602-8

#13 10 years ago

Tried Lloyd's suggestion as well, but only options that light up are in second row return #5 J602-2 & return #7 J602-8

Did you do this in dedicated switches and not matrixed ?

If so your switches aren't working. Check for shorts on the back, broken wire common to them and all coin door switches, from door into the machine. Check connectors inside the coin door too, one may be unplugged.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks for all your help. Disconnected and reconnected wire connections and now "Free Play" has changed to "Yes". As well, we have tried to clear the high scores, but have been unable. Any suggestions?

#15 10 years ago

You can't clear the factory high scores. You have to beat them to remove them! (Do people really buy updates on a usb stick???)

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

(Do people really buy updates on a usb stick???)

My experience has been not everyone has the computer skills to download and put on a stick.

And not everyone has a computer.

They love pinball, that comes first.

LTG

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

You can't clear the factory high scores. You have to beat them to remove them! (Do people really buy updates on a usb stick???)

You can first lower the high scores then you can reset them

#18 9 years ago

One thing I surmised from this thread is you can set up a usb drive with unetbootin and v1.24, then just copy the v3.0 folder to the same drive, and update a pre-1.24 game to 3.0 with the single usb drive.

My confusion above is, if people are posting here about buying flash drives with the updates, they obviously have a computer and basic skills. And unetbootin is pretty easy to run, with the step-by-step instructions. delta updates involve simple unzipping of a file, again with instructions online. (But the instructions are a bit more complex than necessary, having you copy the zip file to the usb drive and then unzipping to the same drive. Much easier to simply download the zip to a computer, double click on it, and send the extracted file to the usb drive--or, unzip and then drag the woz_update folder to the usb rive. No need to copy/dl the zip file to usb at all.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

My confusion above is, if people are posting here about buying flash drives with the updates, they obviously have a computer and basic skills.

My experience has been a lot different.

May be easy for you. Not all are so talented. And for those, Rob gives them help.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My experience has been a lot different.
May be easy for you. Not all are so talented. And for those, Rob gives them help.

Thanks, but I really don't consider myself "talented," just basically computer-literate. But I'll go with your assessment, as you've dealt with this particular issue a lot more than me! And apparently my perspective is skewed. I'm an older guy (too), and I guess I figure most younger people are more computer savvy than I am.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-install-pre-loaded-usb-stick-for-wizard-of-oz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.