Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by NimblePin
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images.jpeg
    B&T.jpeg
    MP.jpeg
    images.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 12 years ago
    Quoted from DrAzzy:

And the Pinball 101 DVD, i'll give that a try - is it available as DVD only (no paid download)?

The DVD is kind of hard to find these days but it is still sold in a few places.

You can "rent" it on youtube, however, it's a permanent rental so you can watch it over and over whenever you want. The advantage of youtube version is it's full HD if you have a computer and internet connection that can hang.

You can also buy it from the iTunes app store. It's sold as an "app". It's $1.99. I don't think the screen size is ideal for this kind of video, though.

I have some of the DVDs. If you are going to California Extreme or Pacific Pinball Expo, I will sell you one for the low low price of $15. I also have The Pinball Collector.

#31 12 years ago

As for skills I will just repeat what other people have said.

1. Play one handed. I think this is more productive on slower games, open playfield games, and even EMs. AFM is a great game to play one handed. Fun House is extremely difficult.

2. Nudge *forward* to avoid side drains. When the ball is heading for the top of the sling or the post between the in/out lanes, nudge *forward*. Your goal is to just knock the ball out of that area altogether, not to make it choose a particular lane.

3. Bungled flipper catches. Sounds like the OP is "walking the plank" a lot. This takes experience and practice to recognize when it is likely to go off the edge. Generally speaking, once you realize the ball is going over the edge you should get rid of it (flip it away, even if it's not an aimed shot), the sooner the better. When you flip the ball near the very, very edge of the flipper it tends to hit targets low and on the side of the playfield. They go wild and too fast to react to. So the sooner you realize the ball won't behave, the sooner to get rid of it because the sooner you get rid of it the more vertical your shot will be and the more likely you can get control of it later.

You can also do a flick pass in some cases. Here's a video showing some skills. I erroneously called the flick pass a tap pass.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-improve-my-game?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.