(Topic ID: 107833)

How to identify PDI glass on a pin?

By PanzerFreak

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

I recently picked up a new machine and I'm wondering if it has a sheet of PDI glass in it. The seller bought the game from another guy and said he kept the machine stock. After getting the machine home I noticed a purple tinge to the glass at certain angles. I'm wondering if the original owner put a sheet of PDI glass in the machine. The glass looks fairly clear but I can't say for sure its PDI glass.

Does PDI glass typically have a logo on it? I read in one other thread that PDI glass can have a purple tinge to it at certain angles. Has anyone else noticed that? Are there any other ways I can determine if the glass is actual PDI glass?

Thanks!

#2 9 years ago

PDI glass has a blue/green tint to it! Pinball News did a write-up on the PDI glass.... http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/glass/index.html

I have PDI on my TOM game and it sits next to another game with standard glass on it. The PDI is very noticeably different. So if you have the machine next to another you should see the difference easily.

To my knowledge there is no logo or anything on the PDI glass like JJP did with the Invisaglass.

Post edited by meSz: added additional info

#3 9 years ago

Just hold your hand up over the glass. Is the reflection muted to just a faint color, or does it look more like a mirror image? Anti-reflective glass is very obvious when compared to regular glass.

#4 9 years ago

You would know sitting next to any other pins without it.

#5 9 years ago

I dont know but I played a guys Attack From Mars that had PDI or invisaglass and it looked like there wasn't any glass in it.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

You would know next to any other pins without it.

yeah just compare it to a game you know does not. if its different its PDI or invisiglass.

#7 9 years ago

Will do. Thanks guys for the tips!

#8 9 years ago

I find that my wife's ass cheeck prints don't show up as well on PDI as regular glass. Best test I could come up with.

#9 9 years ago

what about bangerjay sack?

8 years later
    #10 1 year ago

Resurrecting an old thread…are there any identifying markers/etching on PDI glass to identify it?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-identify-pdi-glass-on-a-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.