• 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by jawjaw
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988
#1 8 years ago

1. Put pasta on to boil for 13 minutes.
2. Fire up Taxi, so you can play a game or two while you wait.
3. Play Taxi, one game will last 20 minutes.
4. Make dinner again.

* This works for other games too.
** It is possible to substitute "call a cab" for "put pasta on to boil"

#2 8 years ago

Hahaha. Totally agreed

My case is generally setting the oven timer. Usually goes off during an amazing game.

Good stuff.

#3 8 years ago

If you don't have pasta, you can replace cooking by instead letting the dog out in the snow or rain. Guaranteed that you will hear whining from outside before game is close to completion.

#4 8 years ago

This method also works with commercials of your favorite television show, hockey intermissions, and football half-time shows.

#5 8 years ago

Also when your significant other says they'll be ready in 15 mins.

#6 8 years ago

Happens to me on Holidays as the family is walking out the door after I swore I'd only be 5 mins.

#7 8 years ago

Shoot, most of my GC scores happened on those, "let me get a quick game in" moments.

The best was when I got to encore for the first time on AC/DC. My wife was coming home to pick me up for an event that we were going to. She's 30 mins out so I figured, what the heck, let's get a couple of games in. Next thing I know I'm 2 songs out and she's honking the horn outside. My phone rings and it's her. I trap up and answer, "I'm 2 songs away from beating AC/DC." I get a, "Augh... you're such a dork. I'll come in an wait though."

Gotta love her

#8 8 years ago

Ha!

Back when I was in school, my 20 minute TAF games would always happen when I had class in 10 minutes.

#9 8 years ago

I get 20 minute games when my wife wants to go some place. The usual 30 minutes to finish getting ready turns into 10 every time.

#10 8 years ago

I always hated the epic "last call" games as the bar staff turns up the lights.

#11 8 years ago

I had the opposite thing happen to me today for the first time ever. I was KILLING it in an epic game of Shaq Attaq (I know, don't laugh) and I finally had the last ball drain after about 15 or so min. The bonuses all tallied up and I had 2.9B. I put in my initials for the high score board and hit start just as my timer went off on the oven. Perfect timing. Usually it does go the other way though for sure.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

This method also works with commercials of your favorite television show, hockey intermissions, and football half-time shows.

I did that during the superbowl halftime. Started a game of ST and before I knew it I missed a big chunk of the 3rd quarter.

What also works for me is starting a game 5 minutes before the kids should go to bed on a night when they really need to get sleep on time. I can't play after they go to bed - too loud.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-guarantee-a-20-minute-game-of-taxi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.