12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Arcade-Installation-9 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drmark12pa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

I am putting the START and EXTRA BALL button back in my GNR pinball but cannot seem to get them back together. I've read the posting above which I had referenced to remove the buttons but now I can't seem to get them back together making the parts "click" back together. Any pointers?

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

I had to trim down my comet LEDs to get them to fit in the start buttons on my WWFRR.

I actually had LEDs in the housing already (came installed when I purchased it) but with only 1 diode. I basically upgraded to a 4 diode brighter LED bulb that is essentially the same size from what I can see as there is no dome over the top.
Do you just push the parts together and they snap back in place or do you have to twist? I've lined up the tabs but I don't see how they go back together now.

#9 9 years ago

Looks like it has to do with the bulb... the EXTRA BALL light is only one diode and that fit, the START button is the 4 diode but doesn't fit. I have yet to replace the 4 diode bulb but will update once I do as the previous single diode worked but I wanted brigther button if it was possible.

#11 9 years ago

Looks like it's the bulb size that affects this procedure. I went back to a standard 1 diode LED which was actually a Comet bulb and it fit back in my pushing it straight in. So it appears the Data East buttons don't accomodate the brighter/larger LEDs....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Boards
PinSound
Boards

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drmark12pa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-get-to-bulb-on-sega-data-east-start-button?tu=drmark12pa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.