Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by splitskull
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

I am pretty sure the buttons on the baywatch on the front of the cabinet are supposed to light up. There is an extra ball, start button and shooter button. This may sound dumb but I cannot figure how to get to the bulb inside. I see there is a large plastic nut that holds the button to the cabinet. I tried loosening it and the button moves somewhat but I still cannot gain access to the bulb. I removed the actual switch however the assembly that holds the switch in blocks the plastic nut from coming off and allowing the button to be removed. How do I get this thing off.

#2 9 years ago

On the back of the button there is a white switch body. It is larger than your normal switch, but you will see the wires going to it. It will pop out exposing the bulb. Gently grab a hold of it and push it left or right, it should come right out.

The switch and light are one assembly. It takes a single 555 bulb. If you want to go led you have to get a specific coin taker bulb made for buttons since most 555 leds are too long and will block the button from pushing in.

To get it back in you simply press it in to place. It might be easier for you to remove the nut and pull the button out the first time to understand though. There are two protrusions for the button that hit the switch. these have to be lined up with the corresponding spots on the front of the switch body when you reinsert it.

#3 9 years ago

thanks I will give this a shot later today. Figures they take 555 bulbs, I just used the last one. Now I gotta get more.

#4 9 years ago

just wanted to let you know it worked out good. They all came off fairly easy. I stole 3 bulbs from the coin return lights on some of my other games until I get a chance to get more bulbs. Thanks again

2 years later
#5 6 years ago

I am putting the START and EXTRA BALL button back in my GNR pinball but cannot seem to get them back together. I've read the posting above which I had referenced to remove the buttons but now I can't seem to get them back together making the parts "click" back together. Any pointers?

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I am putting the START and EXTRA BALL button back in my GNR pinball but cannot seem to get them back together. I've read the posting above which I had referenced to remove the buttons but now I can't seem to get them back together making the parts "click" back together. Any pointers?

Did you change to an LED? Just curious because in the Bally switch the incandescent fits but when I tried any LED I couldn't get the switch back together.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Quoted from ReallifePin:

Did you change to an LED? Just curious because in the Bally switch the incandescent fits but when I tried any LED I couldn't get the switch back together.

I had to trim down my comet LEDs to get them to fit in the start buttons on my WWFRR.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from skywelker:

I had to trim down my comet LEDs to get them to fit in the start buttons on my WWFRR.

I actually had LEDs in the housing already (came installed when I purchased it) but with only 1 diode. I basically upgraded to a 4 diode brighter LED bulb that is essentially the same size from what I can see as there is no dome over the top.
Do you just push the parts together and they snap back in place or do you have to twist? I've lined up the tabs but I don't see how they go back together now.

#9 6 years ago

Looks like it has to do with the bulb... the EXTRA BALL light is only one diode and that fit, the START button is the 4 diode but doesn't fit. I have yet to replace the 4 diode bulb but will update once I do as the previous single diode worked but I wanted brigther button if it was possible.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I actually had LEDs in the housing already (came installed when I purchased it) but with only 1 diode. I basically upgraded to a 4 diode brighter LED bulb that is essentially the same size from what I can see as there is no dome over the top.
Do you just push the parts together and they snap back in place or do you have to twist? I've lined up the tabs but I don't see how they go back together now.

It's been a while, but I think you just push them straight in. I think in a perfect world the comet LEDs I was using would fit without trimming, but it was impossible to get them lined up perfectly straight so I just cut some of the edges off the base.

#11 6 years ago

Looks like it's the bulb size that affects this procedure. I went back to a standard 1 diode LED which was actually a Comet bulb and it fit back in my pushing it straight in. So it appears the Data East buttons don't accomodate the brighter/larger LEDs....

8 months later
#12 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

On the back of the button there is a white switch body. It is larger than your normal switch, but you will see the wires going to it. It will pop out exposing the bulb. Gently grab a hold of it and push it left or right, it should come right out.
The switch and light are one assembly. It takes a single 555 bulb. If you want to go led you have to get a specific coin taker bulb made for buttons since most 555 leds are too long and will block the button from pushing in.
To get it back in you simply press it in to place. It might be easier for you to remove the nut and pull the button out the first time to understand though. There are two protrusions for the button that hit the switch. these have to be lined up with the corresponding spots on the front of the switch body when you reinsert it.

Ok- Weird question, but why is it so hard to get back on right? I can seem to pop it on correctly, but then it's SUPER TIGHT trying to activate the button for a game. So tight that it won't active a game and then it just pops right back out.

2 years later
#13 3 years ago

Christ! Hard to pop this off.

NO TWISTING! Just pull it out grabbing the big white switch body!

I thought I was gonna break the damn thing off lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.50
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 50.00
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside