12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by judremy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WEC.JPG
    IMG_5590.JPG
    IMG_5586.JPG
    IMG_5585.JPG
    #1 12 years ago

There is an odd piece in my WH2O cabinet instead of the normal bushing. Please see the pics for more info. Can someone give me advise on how to get this out? I bought the real hardware and want to replace it.

IMG_5585.JPGIMG_5585.JPG IMG_5586.JPGIMG_5586.JPG IMG_5590.JPGIMG_5590.JPG

#2 12 years ago

It kind of looks like a large tee nut.

#3 12 years ago

It is almost flush with the cabinet and had tiny nails in it. I can't figure out how to get the bolt on the outside off.

#4 12 years ago

Get a drill bit slightly larger than the diameter of the pin. Drill the inside head off(mushroomed end). Just need to get the mushroomed head off. Put a flat screwdriver between the cabinet, and hindge, and pry slightly, enough so you can get a pair of pliers on the head of the pin, and pull it out.

#5 12 years ago

Sharpen a coal chisel really sharp and the sharp edge will bite into stud. Use a small hammer and turn it out. Hold the chisel on a tilt angle and it will get a good bite. I've gotten plenty of broken screws and bolts out this way.

#6 12 years ago

I had tried to drill it out from the inside figuring if I drilled clockwise on the inside, it might back out the bolt, but my drill wasn't strong enough. That or I didn't use a big enough bit. It is a BIG bolt (diameter).

#7 12 years ago

some steels are impossible to drill with a hand drill
    Stainless, tool steel, and spring steel come to mind you might have to break out the dremel/multi tool
    and grind it out - perhaps the cut off wheel ?

#8 12 years ago

Put a 1/2 pound block of C4 on the inside of the cabinet over the stud
    Detonate and when the dust clears, the cabinet will probably be desintegrated, but the bolt and stud will no longer be attached to the cabinet

Submitted by "Wile E. Coyote... Super Genius"

WEC.JPGWEC.JPG

#9 12 years ago

Dremel. With carbide or diamond bit. With enough bits, a Dremel can grind the world away.

1 year later
    #10 11 years ago

We did end up getting this out. We were able to get a set of pliers gripping on the inside of the cabinet while we use another set on the outside and slowly turned the bolt out. We then replaced it with the correct piece.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-get-this-out-cabinet-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.