(Topic ID: 135195)

How to get that rubber smell off my hands???!

By radium

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by radium
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Every time I change rubbers on a machine, that horrible rubber smell is on my hands for hours. Drives me nuts.

What is the secret to washing that smell off?! Soap doesn't get rid of it. Gojo kind of helps. What else to try?

#2 8 years ago

You could start by using some type of gloves first. Nitrile, Leather, cloth or Latex.

#3 8 years ago

Have her put it on for you.

#4 8 years ago

Mechanix tactile gloves. Tactical? Something like that...

#5 8 years ago

I can't say it removes the smell but a wipe down of the hands with simple green makes them smell like simple green and not rubber

#6 8 years ago

Isopropyl alcohol works pretty well for me.

#7 8 years ago

Rub your hands in gasoline.

#8 8 years ago

I used this to clean my hands until I found Titan silicone rings

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 8 years ago

Soak it in cider...

#11 8 years ago

Try not to smell them? Just kidding. I would try ketchup. It works for removing onion smell when I cut them up for my burgers.

#12 8 years ago

I'm surprised I'm the only person annoyed by that smell! I can smell it even if my hands aren't anywhere near my face.

Quoted from Deez:

Rub your hands in gasoline.

I'm really going to try this. After I try alcohol. Nitrile gloves are a good idea too.

#13 8 years ago

And yes I do feel ridiculous for posting this thread

#15 8 years ago

Worse is when you're working with rubber and forget its on your hands and go for some snacks ... which then taste like crap.

The solution you need is: switch to all Titan Silicone

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

The solution you need is: switch to all Titan Silicone

I have a bunch of Bally's, so lots of rubber post caps. I was surprised to see Super-Bands makes poly post caps.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=3555

But... at $1.19 a piece that would literally cost more than I paid for some of the machines themselves.

#17 8 years ago

Pick up dog crap in the yard with your bare hands, you won't smell the rubber anymore.

#18 8 years ago

Is this seriously that big of a problem? LOL

#19 8 years ago

If you have a cat, scoop the litter. Rubber smell gone, but you will wish it was still there.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

Is this seriously that big of a problem? LOL

Yes dammit.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-get-that-rubber-smell-off-my-hands and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.