8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20150325_22_46_11_Pro.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Just got a TOTAN and the DMD glass is dirty and has rivets holding it down. How do you get these off?

WP_20150325_22_46_11_Pro.jpgWP_20150325_22_46_11_Pro.jpg
#2 8 years ago

You cut them off they are push nuts, check out pinball life their new screens come with new push nuts

#3 8 years ago

If it's just dirty and not scratched then just clean it, dont think the push nuts can be removed and reused with out damaging plastic or loosening the nut.

#4 8 years ago

Why the hell did the go that route or was this someone's "repair". I think this speakerboanel came from the infamous PaPa flood

#5 8 years ago

I used a small wire cutter snip to cut in the washer-nut, as a slice in a pizza/ pie. Once you have the cut through the washer-nut you can you a needle nose and bend it off with some twisting involved. If you install a new plexiglass, you wont be unhappy. Best of luck..

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Why the hell did the go that route or was this someone's "repair". I think this speakerboanel came from the infamous PaPa flood

That's factory. Not a repair.

#7 8 years ago

I aws able to pry them off and reuse most, but easier is to cut them and buy new ones..
here's how I did it: http://www.flippers.be/dmd_new_plastic.html

#8 8 years ago

Great Article aeneas!! I am just dumbfounded as to why they used these. No purpose that I can see what was wrong with the old method?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-get-rivets-off-dmd-totan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.