(Topic ID: 270442)

How To Get Inside Banzai Run Backbox To Change Batteries?

By Golferron54

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Banzai Run Backbox (resized).JPG
inside backbox of banzai run (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

I have absolutely no clue on how to access the batteries on my Banzai Run. Can someone please provide step-by-step instructions on how to get inside the backbox where the batteries reside? Opening up Banzai Run to get to CPU board is completely different to any other game I have and completely stumped.

Tried looking at the manual, and in the BR forum, but did not find anything.

I did see a post saying to make sure the car on the upper playfield is always on top when working on the game ... was this in context of opening the upper playfield?

Thank you for any detailed instructions as I am not mechanically inclined.

ron

inside backbox of banzai run (resized).jpginside backbox of banzai run (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

I have never owned the game but check page 5, section 6 of the manual for instructions to remove upper pf to access electronics.

http://antelopearcade.com/files/Pinball%20Manuals%20and%20Schematics/BANZAI_RUN_OPERATIONS_MANUAL.pdf

Manual also available at the Internet Pinball Machine Database.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

I have never owned the game but check page 5, section 6 of the manual for instructions to remove upper pf to access electronics.
http://antelopearcade.com/files/Pinball%20Manuals%20and%20Schematics/BANZAI_RUN_OPERATIONS_MANUAL.pdf
Manual also available at the Internet Pinball Machine Database.

Thanks Pinmeister for doing the due diligence, this is most helpful. BR is a really fun game because it is so different, but the flip side is because it is so different, more difficult to maintain.

Thanks in advance to any BR owners out there for any other tips ... especially about the car being raised to the top, and why that is important ... and if relevant to opening up the backbox. That is what happens when you get old and have selected hearing, I remember the advise, but forgot what it was for \-)

Banzai Run Backbox (resized).JPGBanzai Run Backbox (resized).JPG
#4 3 years ago

Make sure the ball lifter is at the top before long down the upper playfield.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Make sure the ball lifter is at the top before long down the upper playfield.

Thanks Transprtr4u for confirmation to help my feeble memory!

#6 3 years ago

More of a reason to have NVRAM in this game. I also would recap the power supply while it is open.

#7 3 years ago

The metal divider thing that the upper backglass rests in at the bottom needs to be removed before you can tilt the upper playfield down. If you don't it will scrape and hang as you pivot that down. It is a really tricky game to get into.

#8 3 years ago

Watch this TNT Amusements video. From 6.30 and forward they show how to open the game and access the stuff in the "backbox".

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Watch this TNT Amusements video. From 6.30 and forward they show how to open the game and access the stuff in the "backbox".

Thank you all for feedback, especially the video!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 1,490.00
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-get-inside-banzai-run-backbox-to-change-batteries and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.